Sony planning Xperia S ICS update for May/June
1. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
This phone is about to become near perfect with ICS, now only if it came with Snapdragon S4.
2. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
It's already a near perfect Android device. It can run any app, it has a decent battery, it has sufficient storage, great camera (stills/vids).
The only problem I have is the use of a micro sim and the not so great screen (blacks are like dark grey).
5. the_s2 (Posts: 219; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
and the poor battery life and graphics performance too.
6. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Battery's not so poor. Depends on usage though. Hardcore gaming will kill it in less than 3-4 hours, but I think that's long enough.
Mine lasts a little over a day, I just use it for occasional texts/calls, checking emails/fb, occasional browsing/gaming, taking pics here and there.
My data connection is always off except when I need it. And I'm always on 2G. When I'm not expecting any calls or text I put it on airplane mode.
And if your comparing the graphics to other droids well yeah, it's less powerful. But it's more than enough to run apps smoothly.
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6975; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Hopefully they will release the iON when ICS launch on their XPERIA LINE UP. I'm still waiting for the iON
4. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Can't wait for ICS on my Arc S.....
7. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
ahh finally some news...my brothers xperia s needs ics asap...was starting to look ridiculous that a 2012 flagship did not have ICS where as all there old phone was...credit where its due but seriously they should have released the sony xperia s WITH ics
8. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Great news, but I am growing impatient waiting for the official ICS update of my Xperia Arc. I'm still puzzled to why they'd update this device far later compared to the ArcS, NeoV & Ray. Oh well it better be fully furnished to justify the effin long wait.
10. romeo1 (Posts: 533; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
its better to wait a little bit longer and have it running smooth and make the best use of the hardware than just have it released as soon as possible(samsung/htc) and have allot of flaws and not using the most of hardware