Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact rumor round-up: price, release date, specs, and features
1. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3642; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Only one thing Sony, make it available ASAP after announcement.
45. PressStart (Posts: 119; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
And T-Mo needs to make this available. Come on!
58. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Sony should make a multi-carrier model that they can sell directly as well through the carriers.
60. JC557 (Posts: 1266; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Well going by what they did with the Xperia Z2 6503 then it's safe to say that it should be the same with the Z3/ Z3c. They just need to get it out there.
74. rihel_95 (Posts: 292; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
59. mayur007 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
also they should have good quality control,
they don't have good quality control,
yes asap but only if they don't have any problem so buyer wont suffer
73. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
What Sony needs to do is to LAUNCH ON every U.S. Carriers.
2. limporgyuk (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
A good starting point....a big glass brick that looks pretty much the same as the Z2 with even less curves
17. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
the front is similar to LG Optimus 4X HD color white
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
But the first image is T2 Ultra... Isn't it?
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I mean the first in the first slideshow. Which says "This, allegedly, is the Xperia Z3". Sorry I was a bit misleading.
30. Chris.P (Posts: 456; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Oh! Nice catch there. It is the T2 Ultra. Edited.
32. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Now the whole article doesn't work :p
Says "PARSER ERROR:Invalid image group."
61. buccob (Posts: 2331; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Chris.P please edit the size of the Z3 Compact... according to the CAD drawing is 126 mm, not 129.
Many people commented this, but the info was never updated in any of the articles
8. smallworld (Posts: 471; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
No it's not the T2 Ultra. There are small differences if you look closely.
11. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Like what? Only weird thing is that it seems to be running the old Xperia UI, which I guess the T2 U doesn't have.
All the sensors, speakers, buttons, even the headphone jack are in the same place and have the same form.
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Actually it does use the old UI. So no doubt. It's the T2 Ultra.
6. WhiteWaterOzc (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Z3 looks stubborn~~~ the edges are so sharp just like a huawei ascend p7 or p6~~~
7. KingDingaLing (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Bezels about the only thing I disliked on the Z2. Glad to see the're listening to reason.
15. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
at the first look i thought its ang LG Optimus 4X HD white version until i saw the bottom speaker.
22. buccob (Posts: 2331; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Yes... either ZL2 or Z3 Compact for me
I think the ZL2 size is pretty good I hate how those versions only stay in Japan
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hope they make a curved back design, flat back may look sexy for some, but it is uncomfortable. Also the omnibalance design is starting to look stale tbh.
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I like how the Z2 feels in the hands. But yeah as beautiful as the current design is, it would be nice to see a little difference just for some change.
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah but those sharp corners hurt and make it uncomfortable, atleast from the few days of experience using the Z2. Also the big bezels are spoiling its looks.
BTW Do you work or still school?
19. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Doesn't hurt me at all.
High school. Or senior high school or I dunno what would be the same in the US.
56. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
The sharp corners are gone in the leaked Z3 and Z3 Compact, but yeah I agree, maybe throw in a curved back. Or just change up the design altogether.
10. ryq24 (Posts: 643; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think the Z3 will have 5.5 screen while the Z3 mini will have a 4.7" screen just like the rumored upcoming iPhone 6.
14. yep_its_ed (unregistered)
I hope it looks EXACTLY like the thumbnail. That design looks great with the small bezels and centered camera!
16. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I am patiently waiting for my z2 to come to my house.. I have a very used z1 that just got 4.4.4 but the speaker really stinks on this thing and I've read that the z2 speaker is much better.
20. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I don't know how the speaker on the Z1 is, but I'm quite impressed with the Z2 speakers.
23. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
You've got to be kidding me, it is very soft as per my non scientific valuation. Even after I ticked all the enhancement.
27. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Then tell me, what other flagship has better speakers? Other than M8.
36. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Sir I hope you are right cause I want a decent loud speaker
37. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
They are decent. Not even close to the M8. But far better than almost anything else. At least for my use. Because if I really want to enjoy music I use headphones or external speakers. After all, you can't really put mind blowing speakers into a slim phone.
25. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Not real good, so low intact that I thought something was wrong. It's exceptionally quite when the shower is on. That is about to end though... Can't wait to get my z2, these are the first sony phones I have owned.
29. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I'm blaming the education system in the US ;-)
21. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Dear sony please market the Z3 in the u.s. On every carrier including prepaid. Sent from my Z1
49. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Sony announced last year that they are slowly withdrawing from US markets to focus on Europe and Asia, which is why I don't really get why articles like this poke holes in Sony when they've come out and said point blank, look, US won't be getting everything ASAP - they're not our priority.
The other thing I don't get about articles/sites like this is them wondering about a Z2 compact. No there will not be one. Here's a hint... Xperia Z ZTablet, Z1, Z1C, Z2, Z2 Tablet.. Z3, Z3C. Get it PA? It's a super simple device model..
Phone + Tablet.. then Phone + mini. Rinse and repeat
24. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Yes, I will buy sony's smartphone again, but for me it has to be either Z4 or Z5, providing they change the design ( not that the current one is not good).
28. jckc92 (Posts: 27; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Would like the camera to be able to blow away the GS5 in terms of picture quality....
33. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
I am getting this stupid "PARSER ERROR:Invalid image group.". Am i doing something wrong?
38. DroidInMyPocket (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Doesn't work for me either. Even after refreshing the page.
39. windowssmiler (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Doesn't work for me either. Even after refreshing the page.
40. windowssmiler (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
should I wait for this phone or I should buy the z2 ?????????
43. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
At this point you could wait for the Z3. If it doesn't bring anything new that you need, then you can get the Z2 cheaper.
47. marcski07 (Posts: 597; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
if you're from asia, you could probably get it on time long enough when z4 is announced, i'm from philippines, z2 was announced feb, and saw it already something between march or april, i can't remember, but i'm sure you can get it first hand than in other continents, like AMERICA they complain the release of sony is too slow, by the time z2 is on their market, z3 is already in the making... TBH, if i'm also want to get new phone, then suddenly you get a news that new successor is on the making i probably wait, but again because of the delay, by the time z3 is on the market, z4 is already on the making, and that frustrate buyers like me, who do a research first before buying a device, to make sure i have a latest tech i cud buy on my budget. the bottom line is if you're in asia, wait for z3, if not z2 is "okay" and z2 is a great device already...
51. marcski07 (Posts: 597; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
i'm a bit baffled why they are making flaps, when they can just make a removable back with a sealing technology just like with their flaps, so they can have removable battery... leave one flap for charging/usb port, and the design all in all will benefit on it and eliminate the gradually deteriorating of flaps, because when they deteriorate. IP certification is lost....
53. phichart (Posts: 186; Member since: 03 May 2014)
Lol.. Sony upgrades flagship phone every six month... STUPID
54. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
"even though a Z2 Compact is yet to appear"
Didn't you realize when the Z2 Tablet was lauched?
Sony releases either a Compact or a Tablet with each generation, but not both!
55. jmonteiro829 (Posts: 166; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
This is great and all but these slight upgrades are not enough to pull me away from my Z1S.... it isn't like these phones are cheap. I think they need to wait longer than 6 months before another release of the same phone family.