Sony Xperia Z1 leaks once again, will be offered with a free Sony SmartWatch 2 in some markets
Sony introduced the SmartWatch 2 in June and it’s a water and dust resistant watch with an aluminum frame and signature Sony buttons. It has more than 200 apps on board and works with all Androids supporting version 4.0 of the platform and later.
The Xperia Z1 on the other hand is expected to make a splash at IFA. Rumors have painted a portrait of an upcoming 20-megapixel cameraphone with great for low-light shots f/1.8 aperture and support for snap-on lenses with up to 3.6x optical zoom.
The Xperia Z1 is said to run on the latest Snapdragon 800 system chip with 2GB of RAM, and be water-resistant like its predecessor the Xperia Z. We’ll be covering it all live on tomorrow, so stay tuned!
Here is a quick rundown of the rumored specifications for the upcoming Sony flagship:
- Shock-, dust-, shatter-, water-proof, IP 55/58
- 5.0-inch 1920x1080 pixel Triluminos display, 16% wider colour gamut
- Carbon fiber frame; Dragontrail tempered glass front protection; Corning Gorilla Glass 3 back protection
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (Krait 400) chip
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 16GB expandable memory, microSD card slot
- 3100 mAh battery, new improved STAMINA mode
- MHL / Miracast / NFC / Bluetooth 4.0 / LTE / Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n; a/c)
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 20.7 MP rear camera with G lens (using Exmor RS CMOS sensor), f/2.3 aperture, capable of recording 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution videos at 30fps (using BIONZ imaging engine for still photos and X-reality Pro video engine for videos)
- 2 MP Exmor R front-facing camera capable of shooting 1080p full HD resolution videos at 30fps
- IR Remote
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Dual (Stereo) speakers
- 144 x 73.9 x 8.3mm
Sony Smart Shot interchangeble lens Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Sony Smart Shot interchangeble lens
source: Xperia Blog
1. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 536; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
That's a good marketing
may be Samsung might do the same.
4. fanboy1974 (Posts: 942; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Better marketing would be to make it available to everyone on all carriers internationally. Otherwise it's dead to me if it's not on Verizon. The Note 3 already has a head start in this department.
Just look at the HTC One; 6 months late to the party when it finally came to Verizon.
6. lalalaman (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Its all abot the money money money...they just need ur money money money.....forget abot the price tag
8. pwnarena (Posts: 571; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
that's not marketing. that's distribution☻
17. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Distribution is covered under marketing, so technically it is still marketing.
The four "P's of Marketing" are "Product, Promotion, Price, and Place." Distribution is simply another word for "Place."
2. wicpromd (Posts: 257; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
they will sure launch Z1 after announcement as fast they can
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I hope this includes the u.s. model to
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4644; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
A Xperia Z1 and a Smartwatch 2 = Best of both worlds.
If this is available in my country, I will pre-order it right away!
7. the_best (Posts: 129; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
If this was wp8 i would kill for one of these!
18. the_best (Posts: 129; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
it is the extra carl ziess interchangeble lens, that got my interest.
other than that your suggestion is a solid one. =)
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1871; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This is a great offer with the Monster. Sony FTW...
11. sniper1087 (Posts: 290; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
4K video recording... No like it matters, 4K tvs are way too expensive, and you wont see better quality in the 1080p screen. kind of ehh about the aperture why not f/2.0
14. jb4674 (Posts: 106; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Hopefully they'll offer the same deal in the US
15. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
plus the lenses cost $250 and $450
plus the phone will cost $750
sony... your products are good but...
y u so xpensiv
16. taz89 (Posts: 1895; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Hopefully this phone is good. Just had a call an hour ago from my friend who was thinking of getting the z. I screamed nooooooooo to her lol wait cause they are releasing the upgrade too it soon plus when I told her about the 20mp camera she got really excited. So I hope the camera is as good as it .the phone isn't for me but she likes the z design so this should be a great phone from her.