Sony Honami Mini codename is Itsuki, coming with top of the line specs
What makes the Honami mini or Itsuki different is the fact that it is said to be an extremely compact device, smaller than the iPhone 5. Yet it is still rumored to feature top of the line specs including a Snapdragon 800 chip and 2GB of RAM.
Earlier whispers painted the following picture for the Itsuki’s specs:
- Quad-core Snapdragon 800 MSM8974 2.3GHz
- 4.3" HD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 2GB of RAM
- 1/2.3 f/2.0 Sony G Lens 20.7 megapixel camera
- 16GB of internal storage
- 2400mAh battery
However, if we take the latest leaked image on XDA Developers that many speculate is for the Sony Itsuki or Honami Mini, it seems that the device is way too small to have a 4.3” screen.
Now, does this make the whole theory fall apart? Thing is we don’t really know what’s on that image (right below, next to the BlackBerry). Others have speculated that Sony is preparing another compact Android, codenamed the Sony Ray 3, and that is said to have lower-end specs and a 4-inch or smaller display. Could it be that the image actually shows that device? It's all speculations and rumors at this point in time.
Whatever it is, the leaker of the original image of the mysterious Sony device says clarity will come on September 4th. We personally can’t wait, what about you?
Sony Honami Mini actual codename is Itsuki
source: Blog of Mobile
1. blackice214 (Posts: 163; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
If only samsung could design the exterior of a phone like this coupled with their amoled screen and a exynos to top it off.
2. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Why would you want Samsung with Sony design? This one (or Z1) has Triluminous Display (which is as good as the SAmoled) and Snapdragon S800 (which is better than the current Exynos)
14. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Qualcomm Chipsets + this OLED Display
Will be so much better than Exynos + Samoled
15. PunyPoop (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
The Xperia Z1 mini is the Mini MONSTER!! SONY ALL THE WAY!!
4. JMartin22 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
HTC pushed the specs bump on small phones higher, then Motorola went even further with that, it seems Sony is going for the furthest push yet. Hopefully this trend continues on all manufacturers and smaller phones, so the iPhone loses its only hardware niche.
5. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
shame on HTC and Samsung
Sony's mini is Nearly 4 times faster than Htc one mini and S4 mini....
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2827; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Now that's what we can call a true mini with such superb specs not like GS4 mini and One mini with cutting down the specs. I hope this 'Itsuki' would be true and I too can't wait.
9. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 995; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yeah awesome MiNi BeasT.
nothing to compare this monster and thanks for putting 1280x720 resolution. 1080p screen on 4.3 inch display is an utter waste. So 720p do just fine also it'll also increase the performance because it have less pixels to deal with.
and there is lots of people who prefer small screen sized flagship android smartphone but none exists untill NOW.
well done SONY.
10. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 438; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Sony. Creating the minis before it was cool. X10 mini (pro), mini, mini pro. Not so great but those were fine.
11. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Did the math. Based on the dimensions given on the photo, a 4.3" screen could actually fit on the screen.
Anyways, why use a commic sans? Lol
12. SonyPS4 (Posts: 258; Member since: 21 May 2013)
SONY show Samsung and HTC the real mini smartphone.
13. mafflambo (Posts: 17; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
“said to be an extremely compact device, smaller than the iPhone 5."
I think im dreaming.. please don't wake me up
17. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Finally a flagship android phone that people who think big screens are bad while not having to sacrifice phone power can get.
19. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
great mini phone... looks like the xperia s