Sony C3 leaks out: could this be Sony's first MediaTek-based phone?
White-box manufacturers in China are flooding the market with MediaTek-based phones, but they often lack quality finish, and that’s an added value Sony could bring.
It’s all up in the air at this point, but Sony is said to be looking into launching the mysterious Sony C3 with either the quad-core MT6589 processor or the updated 1.5Ghz MT6589T chip.
source: MTKSJ via GizChina
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Looks pretty good, sounds pretty good!
BRING IT ON, SONY! ;)
2. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
awesome! i hope the screen resolution is not compromised.
3. pyradark (Posts: 775; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
that will help them to sell even more!!!
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The quad-core MT processor can handle 720p resolution well. If the screen size hits the sweet spot in between 4 to 4.6 inch, it'll be awesome! Other than that...the design looks petty neat.
7. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i think the image is fake and the rumours said it will have 5 inch qHD, 1GB RAM, and touch pen.
8. sekhargreen (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
These are fake. Check out the phone icon, it is in reverse. Icons & layout seems like HTC copy. Sony designs are naturally flat. FAKE
9. boosook (Posts: 1032; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Make it with a 4'' or 4.3'' screen with a good resolution and an 8 mp camera and it will be mine.
10. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
i hope screen resolution gpu and the ram are not compromised...waiting for your device sony...good luck
11. MC1123 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
good! but i wish they use allwinner or rocketchip as well! i mean they are actually a bit faster than mediatek's!
15. flexile (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Fake, the statusbar is from 2011 Xperias, the icons from HTC and the back is completely XZ. Also, the sides seems to have the ZL notification light.
17. mydi.maus (unregistered)
HOW IS A NOTIFICATION LIGHT BE ON THE SIDE?
16. mydi.maus (unregistered)
nice one SONY. but i like to see the XPERIA ZR too when it comes out..