Some Canadian Samsung Galaxy S III owners get their Android 4.1 update a day early
Verizon and AT&T owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III are still sitting on Android 4.0. A leak of what looked to be the final build of the update for Big Red customers took place early last month and yet, Verizon has yet to pass an update along. This must be frustrating for AT&T customers with the phone, as well. Sprint customers with the flagship Android handset were the first to receive the update in late October, followed by T-Mobile subscribers who were pushed Android 4.1 in the middle of last month.
If you are a Canadian Samsung Galaxy S III owner, let us know if you received your update early by commenting in the box below. If you are an AT&T or Verizon owner of the device, feel free to vent your anger in the same space.
3. lyndon420 (Posts: 1716; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yup...step daughter got her update last night.
4. coppico (Posts: 22; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
I updated my Rogers GS3 last night. run in to a bit of problems, but in case these happen to you, here's what to do:
1. Smoothness: not so much improvements, minor=>but reset the phone made it super smooth
2. Google now: the voice feedback ONLY SUPPORTS US users=>so download locale from google play and set phone to US
5. cdnfreak (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I got my update last night, but when it went through the update process said the file could not be verified. Not sure if that is because I'm rooted. Chose not to take the chance. couldn't do over the air after that. Just working on getting firmware installed via kies.
Coppico, what do you mean by reset the phone? full factory reset?
6. cdnfreak (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Just updated, Rogers GS3, seems pretty good
7. coppico (Posts: 22; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
yeah, did it thru kies as well. Rogers server pretty packed.
And yes, reset i mean factory reset, remember to backup before that