Snapchat may have rejected a $4 billion offer from Google
1. Finalflash (Posts: 2198; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
LOL, this thing has gotten valuations as much as half of what MS paid for Nokia's testicles and it hasn't even monetized yet. This guy is either very greedy or MS just made out like the biggest bandit of this millennium.
2. grahaman27 (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Fake! Look at the sources, they are calling it a rumor
PA - put that in your title!
3. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
these guys are idiots to turn down $3 billion for their company whose value is very suspect
4. Gemmol (Posts: 660; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
they asking for too much, if I was these big companies, I will wait till the fad over and pay 5 million, then wait a while, bring it out like an Apple feature like its something newly created
6. bucky (Posts: 2080; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I think at 4 billion I would probably call it a day with work no matter how much I love the company.
7. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Maybe we should let this company make a name for itself
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
No if you have dedication on sexting... Honestly who really really really really uses snapchat to send goofy pictures after they turn 13?
8. Cyberchum (Posts: 582; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That's an insane amount of money......it's crazy.
9. harvardale (Posts: 44; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
I doubt it's true. It could be coming from Snapchat in an attempt to get someone to buy them out for a lot more than they are worth.
If it is true, I smell another Groupon coming on. They will never get another offer that high. I would accept in a heartbeat.
10. xtroid2k (Posts: 510; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Maybe the CEO knows something we don't. I mean he started a company that has gained alot if value with out making money. However snapchat offers something of value in a form of a service. What really is the value of sending messages and automatically erasing for secret purposes. Well that's why he's CEO and I'm posting about it.
11. HASHTAG (unregistered)
If true, I can see the CEO regretting not taking either of the offers in the future. People are going to get tired of Snapchat eventually. Look what happened to Draw Something after it was purchased by Zynga? The popularity dropped which caused a lost of value. He'd been better off selling now before it loses popularity; better letting it suffer in someone else's hands.
14. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
A very misleading title. The title suggests as if it's official that Google offered X amount when in fact it is not in any way comfirmed at all. Title story's on pa seems to be getting worse and worse
19. nsrsindia (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
NIce Move snapchat. Only chat safe for cryptography not crackable. Great move. You will get whatever money you want for such tech.
People will not get even why facebook offer 3 billion.
Ask google : Snapchat will change the way internet works (move from bits to data KBs).
just don't sell it. You are doing great.