Siri can now remotely control your car: start and lock it, pop your trunk
2. Mercenary (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
If Siri was for ICS then you would say (Wow,, look at this..can the iPhone do that??)!!
3. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
No doubt, Siri is going to take Artificial Intelligence to next level.
14. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Idd. Siri has also a little friend (mentor), Eliza (40-50 years old). Also a software designed for Artificiel Intelligence. But failed the test.
5. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
This is pretty cool feature to have. Seems useless when the remote does the same thing, but imagine if your keys were locked in your car...
6. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Its not about a Car or Keys.
Its about What SIRI Can Do.
Its about How SIRI Can Be Used to control your Electronics Devices.
8. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
There is already a Viper app that allows you to do all this. I think it'd be much easier to just use the app then have to tell Siri.
9. Mercenary (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
I think it's easier to press the home button and speak than to open an app!
11. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Except I'd rather subtly n silently do it then have to speak out loud.
18. choupino (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 May 2011)
N. Reynolds... They mentioned the other app in the article. The App is the Viper Remote Start application. You have to buy the app and also by equipment to connect to your car's ignition system.
This article is simply to show you the uses of SIRI. My neighbor has the app and has to access the app on his device to use the functions. However, according to this article the user would simply need to say 2 words.
In case you didn't get it, they are stating that soon you will be able to access certain functionality of third party applications by speaking to SIRI.
13. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Not useful because it's Apple. Can you come out the closet already and troll in the open?
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
IPhone fans are so sensitive. I was paying the dumb phone a compliment, but as usual you guys are even taking my compliment as an insult. Grow a pair girls!
7. Drafty (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Apple = Skynet
Next is Siri having control over your bank account, then a decade later control over military.
Viruses can easily hack Siri, everyone should be warned!
I don\'t believe in giving a cell program that much power.
10. saiki4116 (Posts: 373; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
if siri is for ICS,google might have exposed the capabilities of wonderful technology to all(just imagine what the developers have done with that technology),not unlike Apple crippling the capabilty of SIRI..
the linguistic capabilities of google voice search are far more superior than SIRI,i dont think so it might not be difficult for Goole to extend the capability of voice search to match that of SIRI.
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
The linguistic capabilities of android are FAR BELOW that of Siri.
17. RandomRobbieGuy (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
SIRI!!! GOD!!! As much as i love my iPhone 4...wanted iPhone 4s for christmas, its enough its phone. if you have no life get the iPhone 4s and no friends