Samsung said to be working on a 7 inch tablet cheaper than the Google Nexus 7
Google Nexus 7 in price. That tablet is priced at $199 for the 16GB Wi-Fi only model, to $299 for the 32GB Wi-Fi and HSPA+ model. The word is that Sammy is looking to sell the new 7 inch slate for $149 to $199.
Samsung is said to also be working on a new 10.1 inch tablet as the company aims to ship 40 million tablets this year after shipping 15 million in 2012. Samsung is trying to get the trio of new tablets out in the first half of the year before Apple introduces its new tablets.
1. ottje (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
is samsung rushing things? seems like every single day we hear a rumor of a new device or they actually release one..hope is working for them
3. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
how are they rushing? samsung hasn't released a small sized tablet for nearly a year now
if anything, htc is the one that is rushing
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
HTC always rushes everything out in the beginning of the year then remain stagnant until the holiday season crops up.
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
Maybe not rushing, but for affordable tablets we have N7 and many other options. I don't understand why Sammy wants to join that crowded part of market.
I think SS should make high specced tablets and compete directly with Apple: Android users will have more choice, SS will have more profits and Apple will hve more headaches.
20. deuel18 (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
well thats what they call competition...they wont let one company to monopolize the 7inch tablet..but hopefully Samsung make a good choice of processor for their 7inch tablet.
15. fanboy1974 (Posts: 996; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Please tell Apple to rush out a phone bigger than 4.5 inches.
19. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
why? its now 2013 so we dont need to go back to 1990 with just an iConboard :)
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5636; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
does Apple always makes the same iPad ?
2. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i love sammy but damn, they are coming out with alot of devices this year. and they cant even keep up with nexus 10 demand. anyway, is that 7inch gonna be better than nexus 7 or just another crappy android tab. i love my nexus 7. nothing can beat it.not even the new "magical " ipad mini
8. Dr.Phil (Posts: 818; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Depends on what chipset they use. Remember: they create their own Exynos chipsets that could be used in their tablet line. Anything that is done in-house is normally cheaper than buying a chipset from another company. Samsung has the potential of making its own chipsets, displays, and so on.
21. deuel18 (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
i know..hopefully not a cheap 7inch packed with worn out dual core..hopefully quad core :D
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1085; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
come on sammy. you already have 4.8, 5.5, 8, 10 inch devices.
whats the use of 7" one now??
maybe its the matter of advertisement, isn't it?
6. p0rkguy (Posts: 677; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
They already have 7" devices. In fact, it's the first size Samsung came out with on tablets.
7. papss (Posts: 3387; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I bet it will be cheap and I'm not talking prices
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Oh yea because it will not have a NOKIA or LUMIA written over it but i am happy as that keeps me away from using Vista8 :D
10. belovedson (Posts: 821; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
sammy is making different tablets to put a stamp called "kick ass" in every category of the market.
if they can produce a better tablet than the nexus 7 at a better price point. thanks sammy. jeez some of your guys comments makes absolute no sense. samsung's competitive nature helps the consumer (us). why the complaints?
12. papss (Posts: 3387; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I'm not complaining about competitive tablets as long as they stop making cheap looking plastic wafers... I have no problem with the insides to their products BUT the poor design is a huge turnoff and I'm not sure why we ( the consumer) reward them for it. In my eyes they are turning into the cheap version of Apple..when I look at their products no matter which one they all look about the same from note one to note two to s3 to the rumored pics of the s4... Talk about milking an already shotty design Sammy.. Even their Korean cousin LG makes better designs
22. deuel18 (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
hehehe mines the opposite..i want the processor to be superior but let the outside appearance be average joe
13. MC1123 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
therefore I conclude, Samsung is the top copy cat!!
they'll make an iPad mini competitor... so they admit that there's a market for the 8" iPad
they'll make a new 7" to compete with there nexus 7...
what a disgrace for a company..
14. wando77 (Posts: 253; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Samsung made a 7.7" tablet waaaaay before the iPad mini you cheb. They also made a 7" tablet waaaaaay before the nexus 7..... You cheb
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Doesn't matter as long as it saves me money :)
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So price wars have just begun. Samsung has the capacity because of Vertical integration.