Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge alleged official press photos surface
1. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 421; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
boom. never had a samsung before but im sold
17. CoastCity (Posts: 247; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Everything protrudes from this phone, camera, hrsensor, main button. Up and down bezels bigger than I expected. It's ok I guess
24. CoastCity (Posts: 247; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Does that apply for the company's golden boys too?
34. Aploine (Posts: 426; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
No, redused revenue it's workers' fault...
57. spin9 (Posts: 279; Member since: 31 May 2014)
Always because they didn't work hard enough for the ugly S5
101. TimCook (banned) (Posts: 450; Member since: 23 Oct 2014)
The design is mediocre at best,
The note 4 supposed to be a great device but very few people bought it..The s6 will have the same fate.
People have had terrible experiences with samsung .
they won't give to samsung a second chance..
124. TimCook (banned) (Posts: 450; Member since: 23 Oct 2014)
You don't care about the new Galaxy ?
149. penguinbelly (Posts: 143; Member since: 27 Dec 2014)
Apparently the poster meant YOU. And I happen to agree.
110. willard12 (Posts: 1563; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
How many people bought the Note 4? Why does Samsung lead in Consumer Reports customer satisfaction rankings with all of those terrible experiences?
111. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 421; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
tim cook your an idiot. the metal body of your iphone is a gimmick but we dont hear you calling it that.
119. gamblor77 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
In the big scheme of things the Note 4 didn't sell that well. But considering it's a Phablet for power-users and they sold 5+ million units, I wouldn't exactly classify that as "very few people". It's not even Samsung's main flagship device either. I do have a good feeling about the S6 though. I might even buy the Edge JUST for the alarm clock feature...cause I can. It will be the same as people who spend $1100 on an iPhone with 128gb and then put 2gb of music on it and use it for texting and emails. ;)
144. derivativex (Posts: 176; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
they sold 5 M note 4's in a month, ignore the izombie
150. penguinbelly (Posts: 143; Member since: 27 Dec 2014)
Phonearena should have ignore function in the comment section.
142. 777light777 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Even the render of this phone is a nicer design than ANY iPhone ever released! :D
Can't wait to see the real one! ;)
Try harder Tim Cook, we all know you like all kinds of bends...
Like your bent iP6+...
146. galaxius (Posts: 27; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
Shut up Troll. I am an apple user too but respect the opponent. You dont need to be showing your jealousy over this phone. You most likely will end up buying it i bet you. Admit Samsung is innovating at least. How far the Ios came since they released Iphone? No innovation. They release new icons then say its new ios. Hahaha.. Lol..I am laughing at this because i am using an iphone. Only reason i went back to iphone was build quality and camera. Now Samsung and Htc fixed this. Back to android soon. Dont want to stay dumb and prisoned like isheeps. I had enuf being a sheep. Lol.
155. 123KimSungWon (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Mar 2015)
This isheep lunatic is jealous!!!! The phone will be a hit, thats y this izombie is talking...A huge improvement for Samsung though.
48. amats69 (Posts: 1388; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
im just wondering..where are those people bashing htc's top and bottom bezels?
131. Diezparda (Posts: 869; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
well that's me, i don't like big bezel if those photo were true then S6 is no exception. Innovative design yet it's need to be polished, i think Note 5 will perfecting what has been started by S6. But i'll rather wait till tommorow for the conclution.
52. boosook (Posts: 1429; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
which bezels? the screen extendes entirely from left to right, there are no bezels...
79. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 421; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
exactly... which is the function of the screen. no more function is needed if u ask me.
132. FluffyBled (Posts: 510; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
The bezels are bigger in the Note Edge than in the Note 4 ... so we'll be expecting smaller ones in the S6 too! Just saying!
134. simpleas (Posts: 196; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
The protrusion most likely protects the Camera and Rear. The protrusion will create a lift at the edge of the camera. Whereas having a flat rear will cause much more damage to the camera and rear panel when laid out flat on a surface. The front is also protected by having a home button that will create a lift...
this is not rocket science.....
77. Rorschach (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
it seems now that protruding cameras are in style
82. czytoon (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Feb 2015)
looks solid and premium, i like it. btw interesting headphone jack placement.
122. AlikMalix (Posts: 5238; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Didn't Samsung made fun of the headphone jack on bottom in one of their commercials... ?
130. DnB925Art (Posts: 967; Member since: 23 May 2013)
True, but Steve Jobs did make fun of big screen phones as well. So touche'
139. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3272; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And also said Apple shameless about stealing and copying
133. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 421; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
I think you missed the point of that commercial. Samsung wasn't making fun of the jack being on the bottom. It was making fun of iPhone fans for being excited that the new phone was so different and new bc things such as the jack had moved to the bottom. Hence them signaling as if their heads were blown by this radical innovative change. It was actually quite a good commercial.
Go to YouTube and rewatch it. Maybe this time the humor won't pass over your head.
138. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3272; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It was the the speaker on the bottom and it's siri saying she's sitting on her speaker
151. johnbftl (Posts: 281; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
It wasn't making fun of the placement of the jack. It was making fun of Apple fanatics making a big deal about the change like it was the major change that was getting them to buy the phone.
152. AlikMalix (Posts: 5238; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
But Apple fanatics didn't make a big deal about the new jack placement - Samsung portrayed Apple consumers to look excited about a little detail - which made it comfortable by leaps and bounds.
153. AlikMalix (Posts: 5238; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Apple users didn't emphasize this as a God-send, it was just more comfortable than before when it was on top. But some people (not gonna point fingers) think Samsung commercials are truth and revelation religiously - when all they do when they cannot find anything to criticize they bash the consumers - directly. I don't hatw Samsung - it's just marketing - but why would you believe a competitor that's trying to get you to buy their own device. Commercials are not the truth - people are all actors even the Apple conaumers standing in line looking all sad.
83. j2001m (Posts: 2841; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
They all fake as the flash is at the top on the real deal, please try again
90. j2001m (Posts: 2841; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
They fake, due to flash not being at the top
103. frederick333123 (Posts: 76; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
now lets talk about body-to screen ratio... :D
3. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
That is a nice looking phone I must admit
39. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Lets hope they make them affordable and make enough of them to meet demand
51. der3331 (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
From the previous leak, I think the S6 Edge looks more beautiful than the regular S6. Actually, I just don't need the Edge version, but if the Edge is really looks better, I might reconsider.
70. FluffyBled (Posts: 510; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
It's gorgeous i'd freaking say ... I'll be getting one if it looks like this!
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 2155; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
That first image is an excellent angle of the S6 Edge! Would look more amazing if there were no camera humps and laid perfectly flat like the bottom of the first pic. Since Samsung always had camera humps and this camera sounding to be even better quality, it won't bother me.
64. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8961; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
The cameras have humps because the casing is thinner than the sensor.
In the past, the casing was simply thick enough to house a 3MP camera without it perturbing.
Now that everyone wants the thinnest phone possible, cameras aren't going to be inside much, unless they make the sensor small enough or the case thick enough.
If they made the case to be flush with the camera lens, the case would probably be 9MM thick. Do want that instead? If not then stop complaining.
If you want very good pictures, then camareas require big lens and sensors. Just like if you want better sound in music, you need bigger speakers, just like if u want a car to go really fast, you need a bigger engine.
Everyone complaining about camera bumps either need to stop complaining because as cameras gain more MP size, the sensor will grow. I mean look at the 40MP camera on the Lumia. Would you prefer the case fit around it?
Do you criticize people the same? Would you say I don't want here because when she lays down he isn't flat? Her bottom and top protrude to far? I mean, I'm just seeing if you really have a basis for such a lame.
No product is perfect. They all have something bad about the, but why focus on 1 or 2 small things when the other 97 things are just fine? Isn't that how you do your mate? or do you even have one?
Yes I am fired up, because trolling to say something bad is just lame. As oppose t saying how great the device looks an how weve never seen a phone look this good period especially from Samsung, with all the carriers hyping it even before its release sayings its better then the iPhone, those things are much bigger deals and worth talking about then a frikkin petty camera bump
71. GeekMovement (Posts: 2155; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I think you're being slightly extreme in your reply. I did state that the camera hump would not bother me, but I was simply just stating that I personally prefer a design without it. Sony and Apple have been able to produce products with a slim design without protruding cameras. Even with the latest iPhone, the camera barely protrudes yet it is one of the best.
I have posted before that I understand how there will be camera humps since phones are getting slimmer, but is it wrong to wish for a design without it? Your comparison between phones and people didn't get through to me because it doesn't make sense tbh.
The Galaxy S6 Edge IS a great looking device, and I don't understand how you didn't get that from my first comment, but if you're going to call me a troll and a complainer for voicing my opinion, you must be very sensitive today and for that I am sorry.
If it makes you feel any better, I'll repeat what I said from my first post:
"Since Samsung always had camera humps and this camera sounding to be even better quality, it won't bother me."
5. maherk (Posts: 3495; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Previous leaks and at&t poster shows that the one in these pictures are nothing but a nice renderings.
The home key is more squarish, placed a bit higher, and the top and buttom bezels aren't that big.
92. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
is the s6 edge coming in limited edition? I hope not.
14. tech2 (Posts: 3398; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
There is solution for that:https://www.youtube.com/watch?
7. tani24 (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Feb 2015)
Well, these images give us a good idea of how the regular SG S6 will be: honestly I don't see the point of that "project zero" project, it's the same "samesung"...HTC One M9 will be again much better looking than this, even in its evolutionary form!
9. willard12 (Posts: 1563; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Looks like all those sites that said it would be an "iphone copy" should apologize.
26. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 327; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Why? The S6 blatently is..They should have just stuck with the S6 Edge..