Samsung Galaxy S III gets four new color versions
The nature-inspired Samsung Galaxy S III is a gorgeous device and we’ve grown in fact really accustomed to and fond of the Hyperglaze finish on the plastic body. Samsung calls it “organic experience” and the same soft glazed plastic is used in the four new color versions. In reality, the Hyperglaze finish also creates the illusion of dual colors, adding more depth to the overall design.
Looking back at the four new colors, we’ve already seen two of them. First, the red one leaked out as an AT&T-exclusive and then black one surfaced around the Olympics. The other two Samsung managed to keep a secret - the titanium grey conveys a cold, business tone while the amber brown looks like the complete opposite with a very warm, cozy undertone.
Our personal favorite is the sapphire black, a classical color option that will stand the test of time. Check them all out below and don’t hesitate to also let us know which one you like best and why!
source: Samsung Tomorrow via Android Central
Samsung announces four new colors for the Galaxy S III
1. Amber Brown, Garnet Red, Sapphire Black and Titanium Grey: all four new colors for the Samsung Galaxy S III
2. Samsung Galaxy S III in Amber Brown
3. Samsung Galaxy S III in Garnet Red
4. Samsung Galaxy S III in Sapphire Black
5. Samsung Galaxy S III in Titanium Grey
4. Victor.H (Posts: 439; Member since: 27 May 2011)
No specifics on availability yet! My guess is they would all be available unlocked, though, at some point in the future.
10. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
ohhhhh yeaaaaaaah!! i was depressed when the other colors were only released on the US.
I LOVE THIS MOVE BY SAMSUNG! it totally destroys the image that Apple made white phones mainstream... now Samsung owns the rainbow!
i wish there was a black/blue AND white version.
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1235; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Aw man, now I wish I've waited...hope they'll release convertion kits soon
3. noriya (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
why the color so ugly?i hope it have yellow,green,pink.
12. e.wvu (unregistered)
Yellow, green, and pink? Now those are ugly!
19. noriya (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
i think those color look sexy.cuz i like yellow color.or they can design amazing spider man color.
41. SugarShockFrantic (Posts: 73; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I agree i think brighter colors would have been awesome...those colors up there are old people colors
5. tigermcm (Posts: 724; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
oooooh man I want RED!!! now!! I remember when sanyo had red flip phones I always waited for the red
8. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
The capacitive buttons look pretty cool in red.
6. voodoobillypug (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I'm probably the only one who will get the brown one
27. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I'd rather get the black one because it goes well with the deep blacks on the AMOLED display.
35. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 386; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Im really, really liking the brown! COME TO T-MOBILE PLEASE
36. audiblenarcotic (Posts: 108; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Nope. You are not the only one. I would totally rock the brown. I'm pretty into the whole 70's fashion that brown was such a prominent part of... I would probably throw a woodgrain panel on that bad boy too.
37. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 386; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
My hope is that it'll have the same kind of deal as with blue where its shifts with the light! Imagine if it has reds and golds toppings out c:
11. FrostyDanny (Posts: 90; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
I most def want the black or red is my 2nd fav is there a way to trade colors without paying $600? :( Anybody? Lol
13. hung2900 (Posts: 800; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I saw brown and grey Galaxy S3 nearly two months ago. Now they officially release them.
15. -box- (Posts: 3816; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Very somber colors. I'm glad they're introducing more colors (a la Nokia & a lot of other Asian OEMs) but none of them really grab the imagination or are very exciting.
That said, if I had to have one, I'd get the dark gray one on the right
17. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
com'on Samsung, it is going to take a lot more than a few new colours to beat the LG Optimus G
38. SleepingOz (unregistered)
20. Commentator (Posts: 2431; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Still no green... What is up with every single phone manufacturer ever and the color green? Did they get in a fight or something?
21. whysoserious (Posts: 316; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Now that's Samsung's way of giving what people want - choice.
22. redmd (Posts: 895; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Reminds me of expandable back covers of Nokia phones few years ago. I want a hot pink for the lolz
23. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 513; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I like the brown one. It gives me fond memories of my brown Zune....: )
24. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
OMG the brown is very beautifull i want it nowwwwww, TAKE MY MONEY
26. justme (Posts: 43; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I bet a deep burgundy color would look good on this phone.
28. remixfa (Posts: 13923; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I like the grey/brushed metal look of the bunch, followed by the red. The black is always sexy but its just sooooooooooooo common.
30. ongshallhan (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
good processor,good display..but design...NOOOoooo!
34. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now this phone has a soul, sophistication, character and a charisma.
I love it, all colors are great but now I decided to get that sweet amber brown beauty. Well done Samsung!
39. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Im getting neither :) im going for tx that sxx piece of !
40. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1297; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Now Samsung got it. More color = more choices for the buyers = more people would want to consider to buy SGS3 just because of the color. My gf is more or less color driven, not spec...
42. minteke (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
It's wise decision to give us the choice. Next step - to give us the wide selection of sizes from, say, 4'' to 5.5" with similar to SG3 or Galaxy Note performance. As many people, as many preferences.
43. freakatronic (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)
"Inspired Nature" and still no green. Hehehe I'd love a pine-like green. They all look pretty darn good though. I'll by a grey or white one... or maybe the brown one. Though call
44. bbblader (Posts: 580; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
the one i like the most is titanium grey
but the others are cool too
46. Mike413 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
Gray is the best. Black is the next best but blacks so common that it makes the gray more appealing
49. kingras (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
i would like to have the amber brown i hope sprint comes out with it before October because that is when i can get an upgrade
50. RicoNZ (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
Titanium Grey.... very classy Samsung, very classy!
I expect another lawsuit, no doubt those Apple trolls consider the colour Black to be of some sort of trademark violation.
55. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
I hope they either have grey or black for sprint
56. kingras (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
what will sprint have im getting my new s3 on the 1st