Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leaks in photo, once again in disguise
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be introduced on September 3rd at the Samsung UNPACKED event in Berlin. The festivities start at 2pm Berlin time. More than ever, Samsung is relying on its top-shelf phablet to help it reverse course financially. The company has had a couple of tough quarters, and even the Samsung Galaxy S5 couldn't bail out the manufacturer. This could be why Samsung has started teasing the device with a number of internet videos.
This coming Wednesday, we should get to see the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 sans case. At the same time, we should learn all about the new features that Sammy has stuffed into the phablet.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 design hidden by case
3. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 151; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
It's enclosed in a case type of thing to protect it's identity. It's like, witness protection for phones and sh*t.
22. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5847; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Time for Sammy to release the Note 4 from the Note 4 protection program! When does the VZW edition ship?
57. VHMP01 (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Aug 2014)
Yeap... just like car companies put prototypes under cover!
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3250; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Wtf look like a dam rectangular"
Just hermetically sealed body armor -- part of the Note 4's IP69K rating that includes protection from steam-jet cleaning :)
20. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 214; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
lol it's protected by a case. you made my day.
42. Ashoaib (Posts: 2261; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
why samsung dont put two speakers in the phone? its not a big deal, phone sounds much better... Gosh, I dont under why companies skip very small things to save the cost?.... m8 is so nice with 2 speakers, even sony and iphone... I dont understand why its not going down to samsung's throats?
43. wilsong17 (Posts: 958; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
The questions is why not just buy the m8
70. Ashoaib (Posts: 2261; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
The question is why to buy? when I dont like m8 over all? buy the phone for just one small feature? sounds ridiculous, even the suggestion seems like coming from a 4yrs old kid... why not expect your favorite phone to have this feature? regarless they put it or not
2. mike2828 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)
Is inside a case , unfortunately I see the same old touchwiz :(
21. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 214; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
It's a Samsung :( it has the most famous Android skin :( yes it's Touchwiz. go buy something else if you don't like it
32. 1701nino (unregistered)
Yes, that is exactly what people do more and more, they buy non samsung android phones.I wouldn't switch my nexus 4 not even for galaxy s4.I enjoy having pure vanilla android experience on my phone.Everybody keeps asking what kind of a phone i have cause everything looks so beautiful on it. I can't wait for android l.
35. Topcat488 (Posts: 1158; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Sounds boring "pure Vanilla"... Better buy a no feature phone next time. O.o
58. 1701nino (unregistered)
Obviously you never seen stock android and don't have a clue about what i'm talking about.Read a little more kid.If you don'z know samsungs touchwiz is the most disliked skin on android that slows down even the latest SoC like the Snapdragon 805 and i might add it's uglyyyyy.
71. alaw.14 (Posts: 142; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
It sure sells more than any android manufacture with the most disliked skin on android.
49. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 214; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
well, yeah, some people like boring phones.
50. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 977; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
With Google Edition Galaxys, we know, Samsung made HUGE business. Right?
And "Pure vanilla" on Note???? You must see a doctor, man.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3250; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I wonder if Samsung got the message that without root, the ATT/VZW and other locked down models of the Note 4 wont be so great.
While the Note 4 certainly is Samsung's big gun for the year, it really looks like the Alpha incorporates more "listening to customers" at this point than these leaks of the Note 4.
9. tedkord (Posts: 4932; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not gonna happen. The Note line is more niche, and Verizon and AT&T will simply tell Samsung to get lost if they don't lock it down. Samsung needs them more than they need the Note.
12. AstronautJones (Posts: 266; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Not even close to reality bud. Niche device? Especially in comparison to the Alpha?
According to Forbes, Note 3 sold over 15 million in the first 3 months.
18. tedkord (Posts: 4932; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's still niche. And it doesn't have the power for either Verizon or AT&T to care if they carry it.
I wish it were so, but it isn't. The bootloader will be locked and encrypted.
29. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3250; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Well, I am not waiting a year for root like the Note 3. If Towelroot doesn't work on the Note 4, then I'll look at something else or just keep going with the Note 3. Other than a better screen, doesn't look like the Note 4 is offering much beyond the Note 3.
33. 1701nino (unregistered)
Well i disagree, i think Note 4 offers alot more then the previous version. Snapdragon 805(don't believe benchmarks not optimised) is a beast, SA screen 2560x1440p,3GB RAM,metal/plastic design and so on...
This is the only phone i would buy from samsung.
48. Reality_Check (Posts: 272; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Snapdragon 805 yes, the others - not so much... Don't care for 2560x1440, 3GB RAM is the same on Note 3, design is subjective and so on... I can't see the value in buying Note 4 over the Note 3 same as the SXZ3 over the SXZ2. Dunno, maybe they'll surprise us with something else entirely. At the moment though, nope.
51. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 977; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Samsung will miss you.:)
Do you really think , Samsung will care more about you and few like you, than the millions of sale?????
67. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3250; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Do you really think , Samsung will care more about you and few like you, than the millions of sale?????"
If Samsung didn't have this stupid attitude towards customers, then maybe they would not have experienced a decline in sales of late.
*Each person on this forum* is effectively a proxy for many other people (hundreds, perhaps even thousands) who don't take the time to go on forums.
36. Topcat488 (Posts: 1158; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I think it's Verizon and AT&T with the problem of not letting their customers enjoy the full potential of using such a device as the "Note". O.o Best you Change Carrier. O.o
69. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3250; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Unfortunately, T-Mobile is not a viable choice here yet. Hopefully later this year or next year, when the LTE network buildout comes to this area.There is actually some LTE now, just in a very small zone. It drops down to HSPA and EDGE pretty fast out of the zone.
66. tedkord (Posts: 4932; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I fully blame Verizon and AT&T. But changing isn't an option. If I leave Verizon I not only lose unlimited data and a pretty good price, I also lose the best coverage in my area by far. I have a Nexus 4 on T-Mobile for my son when he goes over friends houses, and the coverage is spotty at best, with a ton of no bar areas all around our town/county.
68. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3250; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
" If I leave Verizon I not only lose unlimited data and a pretty good price, I also lose the best coverage in my area by far."
I am stuck on ATT for the same reasons.
It's surprising to me that Samsung (a) doesn't sell unlocked phones for many markets (b) doesn't offer a standard way to unlock the bootloader like HTC and Sony do.
Samsung could also do a lot better job handling KNOX, root, etc. without that QFuse BS.
38. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
What are them security services in pic2?
7. smarttechbadworld (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 May 2014)
That's what I was waiting for some note 4 leaks finally I am still awake and now its 6:30 am here
8. Sony-HTC-Samy-Nokia-fan (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Aug 2014)
-.- please tell me it's fake... Cuz if it's the real deal!!!.... Then I'm gonna wait for something else better...
27. hurrycanger (Posts: 1182; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
No, it's not fake. It's a real... case!
Just wait for a better case. xD
10. promise7 (Posts: 467; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
How's it a leak if it's hidden inside a case and not able to see what it'll look like?
13. AstronautJones (Posts: 266; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Samsung haters be like "it looks like its lagging in that pic"
34. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 993; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Well..it's been forever on 2% ;)
14. quakan (Posts: 1194; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I get the feeling this was a controlled leak by Samsung.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6567; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is hideous and i don't believe this is the NOTE IV probably a prototype.
26. tedkord (Posts: 4932; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
What do you mean hideous? All you can see is the screen. The body is covered.
16. hellonerds (Posts: 263; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I cant be the only one thats on checking all phone geek sites for this phone lol.. bye bye my note 3..
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 11793; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I sooo hope that's not it. If it is, iPhone 6, and keep my note 3.
46. gigaraga (Posts: 1189; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Can you not read that it is in a case to hide the design?
75. gigaraga (Posts: 1189; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Maybe u shoulda read post 46 more thoroughly
30. westerdaled (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Aug 2014)
It does look good IMHO. I am not a great fan of TouchWiz but will be good to see if is less cumbersome on the Note 4. Looking forward to new screen resolution and rumored fingerprint scanner. Before I upgrade my Note 2 I will also look at the new nexus to see they both compare.
31. ammad (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Aug 2014)
Guys , Which one should i buy ?
Note 4 or Galaxy S5 LTE-A ?
Or sony Xperia Z3?
Plz suggest :)
45. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 130; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Z3's only 16 gb of storage really kills it for me. I know you can put an SD card in it but come on, having onboard storage is always better.
I would have to go towards the Note 4 right now...