Samsung Galaxy Camera photo samples emerge
13. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
But No FLASH??
And only a 1650 mAh battery???
16. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
it has a flash.....smh in picture 2 you can see the flash in the mirror and on picture 2 the red eyes
18. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4806; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The Samsung Galaxy Camera has a flash. It pops right up from the actual unit, just like the optical zoom does.
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!
I WANT IT SO MUCH. I actually want this more than the Galaxy Note II. --- Then I'd get a WP8 Device --- and for the tablet, I'd wait for a cheap i5 tablet or just a nexus.
asdfghjkl. so much gadgets, so little money.
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i would be smart enough to do that for an iPhone/pad
9. Raptor9142 (Posts: 41; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
wat will he sell if Samsung releases Galaxy Telescope :P
4. rav405 (unregistered)
this will not be able to beat the 808 pureview.....though samsung galaxy camera comes in a p&s category......
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wonder if it will work as a phone... but when it comes to camera phone 808 Pureview is still the best!!!
the lumia pureview might come second and the N8 will come in 3rd!!! then after that, runner ups...
i also wonder about that new sony phone...
7. mobilefuture (Posts: 214; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The new sony phone will most probably be better than the N8 as the N8 is now out-dated, still awesome, but out-dated. Maybe even this Galaxy Camera will be better than the N8, but no where near the 808 Pureview!
20. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
um..no sir, you're wrong. sony WOULD LIKE TO do something better with its "super duper exmor r sensors" but it failed so many times promising that THIS time they would beat up N8...they haven't so far, not to mention 808.
too weird for a photophone...the only advantage over 808 is this optical zoom...but the details and overall look is much worse.
8. district11 (Posts: 125; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Sadly it doesn't work as a phone. But 21x optical zoom beats nokia pureview.
10. Raptor9142 (Posts: 41; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
that said, poor nokia will even loose its pureview market... lolz
11. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
That's it? Pureview 808 crushes this in terms of details. The only advantage is the zoom nothing else.
12. rd_nest (Posts: 1590; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
It's NOT just about image quality. PureView will be better definitely because of the sensor size. If image quality is what I wanted, why not I take Sony RX100. Nothing beats RX100 in terms of image quality in compact camera range, not even pureview.
Galaxy Camera is sort of hybrid device. Normal consumers love optical zoom. The interface is slick, and you can run any Android Application. Jelly Bean onboard and a quad core SoC with big HD display. This will sell more than pureview because this is targeted to normal consumers as a camera with addition to android and touchscreen. it's competition is with other P-n-S cameras, not pureview.
14. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
No. It's stepping on borders you see. If it's aiming for other point and shoots it's gonna be a tough sell against the likes of GEX500 (which costs just around US$200). It has a market of its own if you ask me. I'm not saying it's in direct competition against the pureview but like I said it's stepping on borders.
15. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
They should have revived the pixon line instead of this. Is it me or the pictures have less detail than my N8? The girl's teeth are a bit blurred or have soft detail.
17. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yup N8 have more detail than this.
*some fanboy thumbed you down.
19. shadez10 (Posts: 426; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
OMG such bad picture quality... xD
my calculator takes better photos than this... and it only cost me $5... xD
23. jeraldjamescapao (Posts: 23; Member since: 17 May 2012)
I still prefer my Sony digicam. Hehehehe! :)