Samsung Galaxy A7 confirmed with a 64-bit processor and 1080p display
1. mrblah (Posts: 576; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
They need to really stop trying to be Apple.
4. silencer271 (Posts: 254; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
And apple needs to stop being like samsung.
5. Iodine (Posts: 1331; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
What ? Where is Apple trying to be like samsung which strategy is failling for some time ?
6. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
How is Samsung's strategy failing exactly?
19. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
apple is trying to be samsung and they are selling more than ever... samsung is trying to be apple and sales declining... so its better to be a samsung instead to be an apple
29. tacarat (Posts: 770; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
They need stop pretending and make sweet apple kimchee together.
9. maherk (Posts: 3759; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Actually it's Apple who needs to stop imitating Samsung and Android. Gear watch with the "gimmicky" heart rate monitor>>> Apple Watch
Note Series>> iPhone 6+
4.7" phone, check
HTC m7 design, check
Predictive keyboard, check
Quick toggles, check
NFC, live wallpapers, widgets, 3rd party keyboards, battery stats, S-health.
17. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Don't forget the M7 bezels too, just without the dual front speakers.
45. bucky (Posts: 2573; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
You really think Samsung came out with ANY of that's stuff first? You might have been too young to use Symbian or bb os
11. derivativex (Posts: 176; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
Apple copied the phablet don't forget. Releasing 2 flagships in a year
12. CyberFalcon (Posts: 223; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
They really need to stop releasing too many phones every year...
28. icrappy (Posts: 42; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
its better to have a lot of choices in every price category unlike the overpriced icrap that does nothing
15. bendgate (unregistered)
They are being Apple and Samsung at the same time.
21. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
no problem, break that button in your phone... problem solved ;)
36. walnuttt (Posts: 153; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
dont buy a phone with physical button, so easy, stop complaining, no ones asking your opinion.
27. icrappy (Posts: 42; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
and apple needs to stop copying samsung's phablet phones
38. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
they need to stop the little cpu numbers if they want to sell them, all they need is this phone with big battery and sd card and 810 64bit and everyone that did not buy note or s5 will buy it.
2. sedhupathi (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Oct 2014)
why u guys are not providing official phonearena app for android mobile....i knew phonearena is so famous but every link is opening in the web browser..i need special app for this web site...
8. Zylam (Posts: 758; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
tomorrow A8 will be confirmed and day after A9
18. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Exactly bro. Samsung flooding cheap android phone in the market. Hope they can sell million those phones they release.
49. steodoreben (Posts: 257; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
@aba71983 there are cheap Samsung phones because the company as well considers consumers with budget constraints, making smartphones available for everybody whereas Apple considers only rich consumers. Samsung knows what they were doing.
10. rinque85 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
When did the $450-500 price point turn into Mid-Range??
13. KonaStang4.6 (Posts: 175; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Samsung Galaxy ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Mini Note Alpha+ Activ Zoom
14. 90ninjas (unregistered)
Looks like the Galaxy S2 lol
20. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Is Galaxy Alpha doing good sell in the market? Never heard any news from it!
50. steodoreben (Posts: 257; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
@aba71983 I heard news. I bet you're very dependent in PhoneArena. Try other tech site instead, they cater wide ranged news. GALAXY Alpha doesn't sell as good as the GALAXY Note 3, Note 4, S4 and S5. Nothing to expect more, it's a mid-ranged device after all.
22. gagakiller (banned) (Posts: 176; Member since: 08 Oct 2014)
Nah , i will wait for GAYlaxy A7 Neo Plus Advance Pro, coming tomorrow
23. Guaire (Posts: 517; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
Mediatek MT6732 is clocked to 1.5GHz, while Snapdragon 410 to 1.4GHz, Snapdragon 610 and 615 to 1.7GHz.
Could be interesting if they did choose Mediatek SoC.
37. walnuttt (Posts: 153; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
lol Mediatek is the crappiest chipset ever, stop suggesting.
44. Guaire (Posts: 517; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
I didn't suggest it. Crap or not it's irrelevant.
Report says it's 1.5GHz 64-bit ARM. MT6732 fits that, not any 64-bit Snapdragon.
24. PopeFrancis (Posts: 59; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Since they have so many phones and versions, they should at least make some of them with on screen buttons
31. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They used to have in screen button versions but I think they dont like them anymore. They are firmly sided with the physical home button crowd.
25. kalo88 (Posts: 20; Member since: 21 May 2014)
Samsung doing what it does best, churning out phone after phone... I wonder how many phones they've released this month only, let alone this year!
51. steodoreben (Posts: 257; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
@kalo88 I agree with you. Samsung is doing experiments as well to seek better solutions and to derive innovations. It's quite sometimes confusing though because one smartphone has a different versions.
26. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The Alpha and A series bode well for a really good S6.
Other than the Note Edge and the 20MP Lumix phone, I feel 2014 was something of a dud. Hopefully 2015 will bring a lot of incredible 64-bit Android phones.
The fly in the ointment is Google and their desire to lock down Android and turn it into a homogenized pile of crap with little or no "beauty of Android" left.
30. Tuxedo (Posts: 346; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I've totally lost track of their smartphone lineup.
33. techloverNYC (Posts: 601; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Samsung f**king everyone with these rapid release cycle. Not to mention tons of low and mid phone,what is their flag phone now? The note series, galaxy series, Alpha?
If I want to buy a phone, I want to make sure that phone is using every best technology that company got right now. Imagine spending top dollar buying a flagship device and 2 weeks later, a new and better phone from that company hit the market.
39. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
duh note4 top tech, alpha mid tech galaxy just under note tech
41. mixedfish (Posts: 1180; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
" I want to make sure that phone is using every best technology that company got right now."
Sure, we all want that.
"and 2 weeks later, a new and better phone from that company hit the market."
Isn't that what you wanted, the best technology?
34. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2184; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I can't wait until the A5S is released.
35. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Dayum that design actually looks quite sharp. These are mid-rangers right? Nice to see such a large and sharp display, better than the Alpha's display and that was very costly.
Side note: 'so the 64-bit part will stay irrelevant for a while'. Should've written that on all Apple articles, right PA?
42. mixedfish (Posts: 1180; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Even if it looked like a pear, you'd still say it looks quite 'sharp'.
Anything goes for you if it's from your Korean overlords.
47. Settings (Posts: 1599; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Even if its designed like a trash can, it will be a work of art for him.
He's a paid poster, just like this site.
43. NightSurfer (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
Put flagship specs. Hope they release this in more markets.