SK Telecom wants Apple to launch an LTE-Advanced iPhone
1. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
SK Telecom wants Apple to launch an LTE-Advanced iPhone? Well, let's see--Apple sat on the LTE bench for 2 years with the 4 & 4S, anyone wanna take bets on how many iterations of the iPhone will skip LTE-A? Starting the odds off at 1.01/1 for the 5s...
3. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Well the early LTE radios were battery hogs, just look at the HTC Thunderbolt. Now they're drastically better, and plus coverage can be expected in all major areas.
LTE-A hasn't even begun a roll-out in the US, and even then only Verizon is ready to get it started. LTE-A would have to roll out to cover major cities at least, and even then, only one carrier would be at that point.
It all depends on how fast these carriers wanna get those cells up and running.
4. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This would make Apple relevant again. I believe that the only way you can stay relevant in This "technology race" is to be one of the first to offer something before the rest of the competition can catch up. Apple would attract customers by "thinking outside the box" with having an LTE-A phone before almost everyone else. I know that it isnt available, but the idea is to be ready for it when it is. I dont like Apple, but even I would be impressed if they did that
6. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Almost! But their main rival Sammy has already got it out! :)
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Yeah, where ya been, man?
10. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Ive been reading posts, but havent commented on them as much as I normally do
5. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
iPhone 6 with Snapdragon 800. :D
P.S.: Not saying only Snapdragon can have LTE-A.
8. slyhounddog (Posts: 20; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
no way! apple makes their own crappy processors. Pride, and a terrible battery, will stop them from striking any kind of deal with qualcomm to get the SD or LTE-A. You're welcome.
9. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Was just a joke bro! I know they make others to make a processor of their own.