Overseas version of the Samsung Galaxy S II to get its Android 4.0 update on March 10th
has already announced that March 15th will be the date in that country. What is holding up the update in the U.S. is the idiosyncrasies of each carrier's version of the model. Once Samsung gets past the problem of dealing with different carriers, it shouldn't take too long to roll out Ice Cream Sandwich in the States.
Those receiving the OTA download can load it over their mobile network, or speed things up using Wi-Fi. The fastest way to download the Android 4.0 update would be through the Kies desktop interface which hooks up your desktop PC and your Samsung handset. If you live in the U.S. with your Samsung Galaxy S II, just file away the above for later because eventually you WILL be receiving Android 4.0. Really.
21. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
UPDATE: Unfortunately, the March 10 release date has been nothing but a mistake. An official date for the release of ICS for Samsung Galaxy S II has yet to be established.
2. gallitoking (Posts: 4623; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is simple.. the international version was available since June.. the US got it on Sept/Oct. so US get the phone of the year ready In August.. yeah!!! is Samsung.. right?
19. sorcio46 (Posts: 392; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Fortunately Samsung does complete update to his phone that came out before the iPhone 4 that hasn't got many iOS 5 features such as Siri :D Fail for Apple or Win for Samsung?
9. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1176; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I hope my skyrocket and and galaxy note get it as well :-)
8. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Meh, if they were smart they would have rooted... 4 months ago!
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, but I wanted to see what Samsung's official ICS has to offer before rooting. Besides, Cyanogenmod 9 Stable isn't out yet, so I'll just wait till then
16. the_s2 (Posts: 199; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Official ICS, you get it from samfirmware. Yeah, its TouchWized :/
11. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Awesome, can't believe I'm gonna get ICS tomorrow...
14. RazaAsad (Posts: 100; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
gsmarena says with update GSII will not be able to play flash and BT 3 HS will not supported. Is there any solution to that? Will opera do flash? any suggestions please?
15. the_s2 (Posts: 199; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I'm on the XXLPH firmware(open europe, February). It has no issues with flash, or BT. Everything works fine, except one or two minor glitches. And yeah, it is TouchWized, with some cool 3d transitions(and believe me, the TW icons are better than the original launcher ones. In any case, you can grab the Trebuchet launcher.) . The final version will be polished I believe.
17. hateftotti (Posts: 128; Member since: 03 May 2011)
The most powerful phone in the world will be more stronger...
18. rakmvk (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Jun 2011)
its posntponded they have have removed release notes details from there website :D
20. redmd (Posts: 769; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
i hope there will be improvements in battery life.