Nexus 5 to come as Nexus 4 (2013) like Google did with Nexus 7, here are the arguments
Nexus 5 to end up as Nexus 4 (2013) Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: vote for the better phone
25 Jul 2014, 06:01
5 Android L themes, launchers and icon packs to install while you wait
25 Jul 2014, 03:23
Here’s how to record screen video on Apple’s iPhone and iPad
25 Jul 2014, 09:11
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Nexus 5 to end up as Nexus 4 (2013)
15. PootisMan (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
That's true, but with nexus 7 and nexus 10 retaining the same name then wouldn't you think the nexus 4 would too?
18. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
The entire naming scheme was flawed in a way. The 7 was a 7" tablet and the 10 was a 10" tablet, but the 4 wasn't a 4" phone. The 4 was the 4th Nexus phone, but that same logic doesn't hold for the tablets. If you keep increasing the phone number, you eventually run into the tablet names. Personally, I like the N5 better because it'll be the 5th Nexus phone.
28. Professor (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I agree with Googler...
The Nexus 4 name was based because it was the 4th Nexus phone. And since this will be the 5th Nexus phone the logic means it has to be call the Nexus 5.
But I agree with that if the continue raising the numbers people are going to get confused with the tablets whose numbers (or names) are based on the screen size and not on the tablet generation.
But, I actually don't care what number they decide to use, or how they decide to call it. But NEXUS 4s sounds like a nice name also, and that way people know thats the new one, not the old one (Nexus 4).
19. harsha_bonmec (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Only if new Nexus has the same screen size as Nexus 4. But it is rumored to have ~5" screen. So, it would be logical to name it Nexus 5 just like its cousins 7 and 10.
@Googler Nexus 4 was logical because it had 4.7"screen.
Heck! Whatever the name is I am getting one.
25. PootisMan (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Well, whatever the name ends up being I am still going to get it.
27. Professor (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Re: "Heck! Whatever the name is I am getting one"
21. medicci37 (Posts: 593; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
That logic makes no sense. Google stuck with nexus 7 because it's a 7 inch tab. Wouldn't make sense 2 name the new 5 inch nexus the nexus 4
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Nexus 4 2012 doesn't have AMOLED. And I'm still here woohoo.
6. Shatter (Posts: 1967; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They have it confused with the galaxy nexus.
7. Daniel.P (Posts: 98; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Fixed, thanks, yes, the Italians meant the Galaxy Nexus
3. sashebalchev (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
Nexus 4 doesn't have AMOLED display. It's IPS LCD.
P.S.: bob got it first.
4. roilosh (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
The nexus 4 doesn't have an AMOLED display.. it has an IPS LCD if I remember correctly.
5. irellemot (Posts: 31; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Along with the incorrect AMOLED screen, its mako, not "maco"
8. jove39 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
call it whatever...I just want it to be better (battery and big display) than last year's N4.
9. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2337; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
It's okay but it should not be faulty piece like Nexus 7 (2013) than their predecessors. Nexus 5 should be with more technology and optimum OS oriented.
11. masterpfa (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
They can call it all they want, just please include LTE and better battery management.
12. Retro-touch (Posts: 248; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
As long as it has a great camera and the internals which its rumored to have i'll be happy
13. hmd74 (Posts: 264; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
As guys in Iran say:
!دقتت تو حلقم
Means : Your Accuracy in my throat!!!
14. Sakeem (Posts: 131; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I can care less what they call it. In fact, I want to call it MINE once all the details come out.
16. roldxx (Posts: 37; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
nexus # refers to its screen size. everything else doesn't matter. this article doesn't matter
17. nicknowsky (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
I've got new nexus 4 in the box....but I'm tempted not to use if this new Nexus is really "all that"...but if it's an LG device a nexus 4 2013 refresh doesn't sound far fetched...camera if these rumors that the camera is badass..I'm getting one..otherwise the nexus 4 is still a suitable device
22. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 627; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
It makes sense if its Nexus 5 coz of screen size juz like Nexus 7 & 10.....
23. MirOsamahAli (Posts: 22; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Nexus 4 has a screen size of 4.7, which is still a 4' screen so the naming is pretty sensible.
The numbering system will eventually fade out like the s4 and the iPhone 5, so generations on Nexus devices is brilliant, they can have as many generations as they want without running out of numbers.
26. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
So you're trying to tell me there will be galaxy 999? And they will run out of numbers? :) it is impossible to run out of numbers
24. pyromaniac (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Good argument but whether this IS the nexus 5 er not, i think after they do use up the nexus 5 name they'll stick to it. nexus "7" is because of the 7 inch tab. nexus "10" is because of the 10-inch tab.
So it's very likely that this 5 inch display nexus will be the nexus 5.
29. ckoch125 (Posts: 187; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Except nexus 7 didnt change screen size, this would just sound dumb.
30. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
They should call it the N5, and then stick to the name. Would be nice-N5,N7,N10.
31. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Probably trying to hold off hitting the Nexus 6 brick wall. Pretty sure that's copyrighted. They're gonna need a new naming scheme or be forced into some licensing deal.
I was hoping to get a Nexus 6 in whatever form factor it came out in to name Rachael. Maybe Roy. But... I thought they might run into issues with it.
32. JDMC..SmartphoneFan (Posts: 8; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
please somebody explain me why the Android Version is KeyLimePie and not KitKat...