New rumors about the HTC M7 design and Sense 5.0's "simple and clean" UI
1. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
I think HTC's Sense is a lot simpler and cleaner than Apple's UI, so at least I give HTC the credit they rightfully deserve.
Here's to HTC and Sense in 2013!!
2. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I could see cleaner, but nothing is as simple as Apple's grid of icons.
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hahaha........so simple its frustrating!
But also, this phone sounds exciting cant wait to see more
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I would say Symbian is simple... And you get a home screen, FREE!!
24. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
true that. Apple made, IOS the simplest UI for everyone. Even kids know how to navigate on IOS devices without being taught what to do. And also, if you gave an old IOS user an android, trust me, they will get lost in no time. Haha
28. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
You do have a valid point there, Apple's grid is about as simple and elementary as it gets. So much so, that iPads are used in Special Ed classes and in special schools for children with learning disabilities - very good point, my apologies.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iOS is the most simplest UI on a mobile phone. If you can make a UI that's simpler than a grid of icons, then I will be impressed.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 21778; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly press the icon and into the app I go. How much more simple can u get?
45. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Wll. It was. I think that windows has an upper hand right now. It's as simple as it gets. Clean, fast. IOS still looks like a product from 2007. Too colorful. On the baby side a little bit.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 21778; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U can't possibly mean that. I know u hate apple, but wow really?
46. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I don't hate apple, if the comment was toward me. I just dislike them due to their policy nd the way they doing their bussines. I'm aware of apple's superiority for the last 3 or 4 years, since they released the first iphone and the rest was trying to do something similar. They were on top long enough to pick up nasty habits. Now google is doing the same blocking google maps or youtube on windows devices). I find ios a dull interface and win7/7,5/7,8 or 8 looks way better, even though it is alike restricted.
26. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Id like to see simpler mean very vanilla with the sense widgets. Which at this rate it seems like sense 6 or 7 will be.
30. MeoCao (unregistered)
It still puzzles me why OEMs try to use their own skins, the obvious answer is differentiation, but there's another legitimate question:
Would any person want to look different with some kind of snake skin, or bear skin?
differentiation means to make things better not worse.
37. Superpiff (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
Differentiation means to set your self apart and with the whole snake,bear skin thing people already do that its called tattoos.I see your point though why put on a skin if its a hindrance in comparison to stock
40. MeoCao (unregistered)
I like your tatoo comparison.
sometimes it's fun to have a tatoo, and only for some people. What if you HAVE to wear a tatoo no matter what?
I think HTC and any other OEM should instead concentrate the resources to add useful distinctive features to their phones.
32. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Nokia 3310 is the simplest phone has ever made
36. Tele7 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I agree, maybe the iOS UI is simple, but it lacks the advantages of widgets, I personally use them a lot and just one more touch and you get the same arranged app grid that iOS has.
5. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Hm... simpler and clean UI.... Wonder how that's going to look... and if the One series will be able to update to the new sense...
7. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If I've learned anything from experience with HTC, is that the One X will unlikely be getting a Key Lime Pie update and that a 4.2 update will be the last and more than likely the M7 will get Key Lime Pie toward the end of the year. One update only (two if you're lucky) and after that, HTC ain't gonna care and leave your handset collecting dust.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
remember its not always up to htc but THE CARRIERS! ....hint, hint...verizon :(
15. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Things are different since ICS. All devices running ICS could update to JB and 4.2, that could probably (my guess) eventually get to Key Lime Pie. The One X got the JB update pretty fast and 4.2 is already in plan. I got pretty high hopes with HTC this time.
19. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
True, agree with you both on that. Let's just hope what Peter Chou said about 2013 being out of the woods rings true, I'm most curious to see what HTC brings this year than what Samsung/Sony will.
9. cripton805 (Posts: 1445; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I dislike soft buttons. They take up screen space and annoys me...
39. milesboy5 (Posts: 178; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
You get used to them...I have the Gnex and they dont bother me at all. But thats just me
11. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Looking forward to this, the S4 and the Sony devices. 2013 is going to be very exciting especially with A15 chips coming out.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm not excited about Sony, but for HTC. They make incredible phones but make the most crucial errors on their phones..
Example: Non-removal battery on One X.
12. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The M7 sounds interesting. I just hope it's not going to be another carrier exclusive. Can we at least have an international version. If you ask me, HTC messed up with the whole DNA/Deluxe/Butterfly fiasco. I only buy phones unlocked so I'm eagerly anticipating that the M7 will be available without a ball and chain.
16. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I couldnt agree more with you...HTC makes huges mistakes by offering their flagships to only one carrier.. the droid DNA, EVO 4g lte, and the other one series should have been realsed on ALL carriers like Sammy did with their galaxy. :( oh well I hope htc has a monster year!