New iWatch concept render takes inspiration from the Nike Fuel band
1. Beijendorf (Posts: 277; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
How are you supposed to hold your arm in order to view that display?
I can see it being the right way up but still awkward if you put it with the display facing the palm-side of your arm. But then there's the risk of scratches on the display, and quick-peeks at the "smartwatch" is made more difficult.
4. DaHarder (Posts: 152; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
It's just a 'concept' though I certainly understand your concerns.
As one who owns a SONY Smartwatch, an I'm Smartwatch, a Pebble, and now a Galaxy Gear (easily the very best of the lot), I don't see the change to a more bracelet-like/loose form factor to be a step in the right direction for smartwatches.
The display of these devices needs to be stationary, NOT something that's highly susceptible to moving/rotating around one's wrist.
This 'concept' may be nice enough looking but it appears to be far less than ideal for its intended purpose.
6. k1ng617 (Posts: 238; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Why couldn't the screen face inward and you lift your arm similar to how you would give the finger...only without the finger of course.
9. shahrooz (Posts: 109; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Obviously, English is not your native language :D (neither mine)
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
hm.. interesting. I can see people who love wristbands purchasing this; however, i'm waiting for the google gem smartwatch (:
5. DaHarder (Posts: 152; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
The Google 'Gem' has definitely captured my attention, especially if Google/Motorola incorporates some of that Moto X/Droid 'always on' goodness into the OS.
Let's Hope So!
12. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2649; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Tim Cook is on the Nike board of directors
10. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
It honestly loos like a fuel band from that some one photo shopped...
11. McLTE (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
for a girl who wear's bracelets maybe.. I don't see this being a good male accessory. I can't remember the last time I saw a guy wear a hard bangle type bracelet. silicon and links.. sure.
This design would NEVER catch on, in my opinion.
For me.. I want a WATCH design.
13. 9thWonderful (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
hmm...if this was the same price as the $1.99 Livestrong wristbands i'd be all over this.