New iPad is the hottest iPad yet, literally
1. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Wow, apple should think seriously about making heat resistant gloves for ipad users as an accessory. iglove would be an ideal name.
If you don't have an iglove, well you gotta burn your hand.
4. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
No doubt theyve already patented those gloves!!
85. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4808; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey we all know that if you are cold or if you’re tired feet need some help just turn on your Retina display on the new iPad.
It will soothe those tired feet with its gentle over HEAT! lol
53. maier9900 (Posts: 272; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
It's good for Winter when your hands get cold.
63. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Apple Has These unique Character of it's devices overheating...
they never seem to miss that..
92. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
or may be people are just holding it wrong. lmao.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Its too hot..... i cant breathe... help me to throw this crap away please..... help....
3. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Perhaps Samsung actually has rigged the screens to self destruct when an ifan presses their face against the ipad while hugging it before bed time. The heating up Is the start of a chain reaction!!! Kaboooom!!
5. rizzell (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
There's a app for that its called the ihotplate. Cook while surfing the web. Patent pending.
6. sorcio46 (Posts: 435; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
A5x is a very Big SoC @ 40nm as the old A5, heat increase is normal when you double the number of the GPUs
14. murali_v_2000 (Posts: 32; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
Plain truth is that they overclocked the ARM A9 core. The GPU is unlikely to cause heating as it shuts down its clock when it is not processing OpenGL commands. The screen (at this HD resolution) may also be contributing to the heating.
7. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
I'm not surprised, it has a very power hunger processor.
But I wonder if it heats as much during normal use and not while running benchmarks.
8. xvengence42 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I find it funny that as soon as Apple has one issue with a product, which isnt too common, all the Fandroid's are so quick to comment and criticize.
25. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
while I AM an Android.. I totally agree with you. Kind of embarrassing actually.
Not ONE response to the question asked by the article.. I'm curious if this is really an issue with the iPad users.
93. frydaexiii (Posts: 1427; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Because before a product is released or just released, all the iFans are like "This new iDevice is the best, Android will never catch up, Admit it! Apple products are perfect!"
So when a dumb flaw like this pops up, it just a giant "We friggin told you so!" moment.
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If you would use your iPad under the sun in a hot summer day... Good luck with that thing doesn't over heat. @@
24. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apparently websites like bgr are reporting that a complaints are starting to come in where some of the new ipads are overheating to the point where they shut down. Look like we have a potential heatgate on our hands,another apple product having faults,surely not?!
27. tedkord (Posts: 10260; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
"If the new iPad is burning your hand, don't hold it there." - S. Jobs
29. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i was about to post something very similar.
51. drtech (banned) (Posts: 135; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
You fandroids are so creative. Been using the same joke since 2010. I guess an iOS user has to come up with a new joke so you can copy it just like android copies Apple.
88. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it wouldn't be funny unless apple released a new statement saying the heat was a design feature.
oh wait.. they just did that.. they say its performing within design specs.
and consumer reports just released their test that showed it clocked well over 110 degrees ..
guess that 2 year old joke just became relevant again
89. drtech (banned) (Posts: 135; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
What you're leaving out is that it runs about 10 degrees warmer than the iPad 2 which isn't necessarily outside of what's acceptable. We will see as this becomes investigated more. When the 4S came out there were reports of battery issues and those turned out to be nothing as it was a very small percentage of devices that could be fixed either by being traded out or doing a reset on the device.
I know you guys want the iPad to fail so bad, but it won't. Just accept that it is THE standard for tablets right now and move on.
95. frydaexiii (Posts: 1427; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yes, the standard...which means it is the lowest, the baseline, and all Android has to do is beat it. Being the standard just means it's forever at the bottom.
90. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
A joke that becomes more and more relevant each year!
91. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Haha we have a jack ladies and gentlemen.smh Android copies Apple? With What?Nothin. An to answer your ibuycrap question the mobile community of course jumps on Apple's case due to them being the only ones to run iOS which they claim to be better than everything. At the same time though they're products seem to keep having at least 1 major problem. I4 can't hold the dam phone to make a call. IPad3 burns yo dam lap off. All problems that they know about or should have known about before releasing the product. So we and the rest of the world tired of Apple acting like the LeBron's off the world an claiming to be the king when there crown falls apart.
94. frydaexiii (Posts: 1427; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, but at least the joke remains relevent, unlike your iFans dumb 2 years too late jokes like "It lags, virus, crash." lol
32. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
so does anyone actually have the new ipad to verify/test the heat? I figured someone on this board would have answered the question by now.
34. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
i dont see the big deal as every android phone i have had over heats to the point that i have to put it down or take out the battery
35. skymitch89 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I think that it might be a combination of the higher resolution display putting off more heat, the A5X processor, and the bigger battery. Yet I don't think that it should be that big of a deal as long as it's being used moderately (aka not playing hard core gaming and video editing) and not have it plugged in when doing that (I know that that will kill the battery quicker, but it won't heat up quite as much). I know that my Evo Shift gets really hot when I have it plugged in and playing games, such as Angry Birds, on it .
39. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Another faulty apple product another denial,are Ifans holding ipads wrong?
40. danwatson (Posts: 117; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Now all they need is to do a comparison with the Galaxy Tab and Asus Transformer showing that if you run the benchmarks under a blanket in the Arizona desert, those can reach 90 degrees too.
47. jstoned (Posts: 36; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
Even at the risk of getting burned Itards still dont care. they flock to wait in day and night long lines for the same thing. time and time again.
Itard- an idiot retard that thinks apple is a god send. the South Park smug episode should have been about apple users and not Hybrids.
52. ibap (Posts: 752; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Why does this remind me of Apple's response to the iPhone antenna problem?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....
These are not the 'droids you're looking for....
(Yes, I know those are not from the same movie. Consider them two separate comments.)
55. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
How can the iPad be the hottest iPad yet? doesn't makes any sense. they didn't sell out like they usually did. and plus it's called New ipad
66. spinelessrabbit (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Dec 2010)
its funny how apple pretends that they cant screw up on a product when they do all the time!
67. jstoned (Posts: 36; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
so true!! so true!! they have developped a cult of itards to back these ideas too!!!
68. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
i cant wait for the first story of someone's place or vehicle catching on fire because of an iPad...
79. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Deny what has already been proven...Apple is becoming very similar to the theists of the world with such denials.
83. jdelgadi2230 (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
This is true. Apple has already had to replace my iPad because it was getting almost too hot to hold after only about 20 minutes of usage. Now the replacement is starting to do the same thing. This is my first iPad but I knew I should of waited for a different one. I am taking mine back today for a refund and going back to my Samsung Galaxy 7 inch tab in the meantime since that one has never given me any issues. Apple will release another one in 6 months hoepfully that one will be worth picking up because this one isn't. The features aren't really that better that my friends iPad 2.
84. TOYMAN (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This happens to apple everythime lol APPLE PUTING OUT CARP TO MAKE U SMILE LMAO
87. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
So let me get this right... They're not holding it wrong?
96. alanudi (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
no need for a fireplace anymore, just turn on the New iPad and open a Yule Log app, the heat it generates should warm up the room in no time ;)
98. matthewtylerhickman (Posts: 11; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
If I stick a fruit logo on my toilet, can I use it as a heater?