New Jellybean Easter Egg: do a barrel roll with Google Now
The same thing can actually be done right on Google’s desktop website, an Easter Egg added to Google.com last year, and it was clearly popular enough to warrant hiding it on Android 4.1. If you don’t have a Jellybean equipped phone to try this out on (and clearly that would be most of us) you can instead watch the video embedded below.
Pretty cool, eh?
4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Slippy.... "FOX help I got someone on my tail!" lol
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
YES I can confirm this. My Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Samsung Galaxy Nexus can indeed do a barrel roll. YES! lol
12. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
LOL pretty jealous Super. I've been trying to figure out a way to port at least the google now apk file but no luck. I've been working on a port for the JB to my note but stuck at a boot loop. Work in progress!
5. TylerGrunter (Posts: 705; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
You don´t need Jelly Bean for that!
Voice search is just going the Gooble Search with the stock browser. So it´s enough to go with your browser towww.google.com and do the search "do a barrel roll". It works not only with the desktop website but the mobile too.
And as you can do the search with voice in ICS it works without issues there too.
Tested with ICS and a Google Nexus S. Just click on the microphone of the home page and try!
6. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Ahhhh.... thats awesome. Proof that Google has a sense of humor. Unlike other OS'es
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5428; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
lolololol. i bet Siri wouldn't Barrel Roll for ya. ;)
17. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
*in Siri Voice" Kingkurogii.. I dont understand what you mean by "Barrel Roll" Shall i do a google search for you?"
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I wish I had JB, but no one shows any love for the E4GT, haha.
9. Brewski (Posts: 104; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
ARGGHHH!! How long can this fallacy exist!? This is an aileron roll, NOT a barrell roll.
A barrell roll requires the airplane to make a complete rotation upon its longitudinal axis as well as following a helical path (Think a strand of DNA).
An aileron roll only requires the aircraft to do a full 360° revolution about its longitudinal axis, which is what is performed in Starfox.
11. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lolol. most people dont know the difference.
18. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
True, but Aileron Roll doesn't have the same ring to it. Plus, blame Nintendo for not knowing the difference.
16. skymitch89 (Posts: 925; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
"Do a barrel roll" also works in Chrome on Desktop. Also, what tlsmithsr said, "zerg rush", works. You can also do a Google search for "Google easter eggs" for a list of just that, Google easter eggs.
21. shimmyx20 (Posts: 280; Member since: 03 Mar 2009)
Awesome. I am loving finding little gems here and there in Jellybean