Motorola videos show its new Android 4.0 skin
We recently told you that Motorola is preparing to update the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX and the Motorola DROID RAZR to Android 4.0 some time in the current quarter. It also has become apparent that some handsets that are 1 year old or younger, like the Motorola DROID 3 and the Motorola DROID X2, will live out their remaining days powered by Android 2.3.
1. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 02:09 6
this is still a dream to use however the build used in the video is slightly different than the build i'm running but i don't know if the build in the videos is newer or older than mine. i'm only talking about little aesthetic things though, the actual principal experience is really the same.
2. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 02:11 7
oh and why do you guys have to throw in a bit about the phones that AREN'T being updated? is that really necessary? glass half full guys, glass half full.
4. Ubi2447 posted on 27 May 2012, 02:59 17
This is now one of my favorite skin by FAR. I love the Stocky look and feel. This makes me very excited for the Razr HD.
8. Non_Sequitur posted on 27 May 2012, 06:24 14
Same with me. I'm loving this. I never imagined a day when Motoblur is actually really awesome.
18. TR0LL (banned) posted on 27 May 2012, 08:00 10
Me to. Looking cool.....
95. Non_Sequitur posted on 28 May 2012, 06:33 1
Also, anyone realize that RIGHT after Google buys Moto, the UI becomes like stock Android? Lol.
98. KingKurogiii posted on 28 May 2012, 13:06 0
we've had looks at this since the beginning of the year. i've been running this for over a month.
3. jackhammeR posted on 27 May 2012, 02:54 4
That lockscreen...great thing but nothing innovative. Nokia bubbles has got it for a long time. First, HTC pilfered it, now Motorola.
I guess it's better than nothing. Being innovative nowadays is a hard task.
26. theBankRobber posted on 27 May 2012, 09:58 6
Its hard to use slide to unlock and not get sued by Apple. Change is good.
74. jroc74 posted on 27 May 2012, 19:47 3
Everything cant be absolutely innovative all the time.
As long as it makes Apple happy, keeps Apple out of their face....its all good.
5. Muhannad posted on 27 May 2012, 03:24 11
So far the best skin which doesnt drift away too much from stock. I'm actually considering getting a Razr MAXX but I'm not sure if its worth it with all the new phones around like the S3 and One X.
10. Ubi2447 posted on 27 May 2012, 06:47 6
s3 and the One X are awesome. I'm in the same boat as you, though. Personally, I'm holding out to see what becomes of the Razr HD, compare it to those two, and up grade from my Droid X accordingly.
28. parkwaydr posted on 27 May 2012, 10:12 8
If you guys are heavy users, the razor maxx is the way to go, a buddy of mine at work just got one, we work 12 hour shifts, and he spends breaks watching netflix and streaming music like a fiend, and at the end of our shift there is barely a dent in his battery life, it really is an awesome phone.
38. Muhannad posted on 27 May 2012, 12:00 4
That's exactly why I want it, I'm having a terrible experience on my Sensation's battery life which I mostly use for web browsing 24/7.
73. parkwaydr posted on 27 May 2012, 17:54 3
Then go with the maxx, he loves it because now he doesn't have to worry about extra batteries or making sure he doesn't forget his charger, honestly I'm jealous of him and if I had Verizon, I would jump all over that thing in a heartbeat.
96. Ubi2447 posted on 28 May 2012, 09:07 3
I'm holding out for the HD because it's been leaked the HD would (and I don't know why they would) have that 3300 mAh Bat. Been hearing that it'll probably be here this summer. I don't mind the wait. :)
6. Bluesky02 posted on 27 May 2012, 03:42 1
Personal preference, two colours that don't go for me, is red and black together. Which is what motorola seems to be using with all its products.
42. roscuthiii posted on 27 May 2012, 12:26 3
Have you not seen any of Verizon's Droid marketing? "Big Red" is as much behind the red & black as Motorola is, if not more so. Even most of HTC's Droid phones got the red & black theme.
7. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 27 May 2012, 04:16 3
Lol RAZR will get upgraded to ICS and be on a more updated build before the galaxy NEXUS gets one update. Fail
50. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 14:48 2
it's still pretty bad. the 4.0.4 build for the Razrs leaked before the Galaxy Nexus got it so there were some Razrs out there running a new build of ICS than the Nexus for a minute.
89. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 21:51 2
i thought the initial launch version was 4.0.3? o:
92. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 May 2012, 01:13 2
Nope on 4.0.2 for 6 months now. Not one bug fix patch, nadda.
97. KingKurogiii posted on 28 May 2012, 13:05 0
well i'm on 4.0.3 sooo...yeah, really the only advantage the Nexus seems to have is a higher quality display.
15. Fantazma posted on 27 May 2012, 07:32 1
the new lockscreen is copied from Huawei's!!!....wats wrong with you motorola?
copying someones work..
75. jroc74 posted on 27 May 2012, 19:52 5
And Google took resizable widgets from MotoBlur for ICS. I think Samsung did too with a version of Touchwiz. And ICS has elements of Touchwiz and maybe Sense UI in it.
Does it really matter? Huawei is an Android OEM, and they have a history with Moto. Might be kinda bumpy but its still a history.
16. -box- posted on 27 May 2012, 07:46 5
Error in the headline (but correct in the first paragraph): "its" is possessive; "it's" is a contraction (short for "it is").
31. BREvenson posted on 27 May 2012, 10:14 4
I was just about to point that out. It's not a big deal, but I'm the kind of person who gets a little annoyed with those kinds of mistakes. It happens.
41. EarnYourLeather posted on 27 May 2012, 12:16 1
I'm sure the author took English 101- IT'S a typo. They happen.
43. roscuthiii posted on 27 May 2012, 12:28 0
Yes mistakes happen, but then what the hell do editor's get paid for if not to, you know, edit?
51. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 14:51 3
cut the guy some slack. i'm sure you'd want the same thing if you made a small mistake in your job.
19. remixfa posted on 27 May 2012, 08:34 10
awesome. Is Motorola actually listening to the community that wants less skin and faster updates? Is this a push from Google to get closer to stock (obviously set up before the merger finalized)?
But that makes me very happy.
22. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 08:54 9
hehe! told you it was the closest to stock. xD
35. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 27 May 2012, 10:55 2
.... meh haven't even gotten it yet, hopefully the acceloremeter actually works after this update, the last one made it completely useless!
20. wendygarett posted on 27 May 2012, 08:52 2
4 shortcut lockscreen?? snap photo while filming??
oh well... R.I.P. oneX
33. theBankRobber posted on 27 May 2012, 10:31 3
Um its built into android 4.0, not just One OEM of android.
44. Berzerk000 posted on 27 May 2012, 12:49 3
Anything running ICS can do that. Not just the devices running Sense 4. Well, except for the 4 shortcuts on the lock screen, I don't think. But even so, the One X is no where near dead yet.
52. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 14:53 2
it will be when it has to stare down the Droid Razr MAXX HD. :P
54. Berzerk000 posted on 27 May 2012, 15:53 3
Competition is always nice :P
57. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 16:00 3
yeah, hopefully this, the Atrix 3 and the new Photon are pretty much the same phone and i also hope that T-Mobile would get a variant. too many T-Mobile customers i know complain about their signal strength and the best solution i know other than Wi-Fi Calling isn't available to them.
60. Berzerk000 posted on 27 May 2012, 16:09 2
Mhm, would be disappointed if there was anything other than that. T-Mobile hasn't gotten any good Moto phones lately, have they? Last one I heard was the Cliq 2, which was forever ago. Would be nice to have some more options since I'm on T-Mobile. I wanted to switch to Sprint so I could get my EVO, but they were stupid so I can't leave until April of 2013 without paying $1000. So, I have to settle for the One S for now :/
63. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 16:22 3
T-Mobile has never really had any good Moto phones in comparison to what Verizon and AT&T have gotten out of them.
wouldn't Sprint buy you out of that if you switched to them? i remember T-Mobile would've paid my ETFs if i switched to them years ago which i was considering heavily. o:
65. remixfa posted on 27 May 2012, 16:25 2
that was a promotion. That almost never happens anymore as things are getting tighter for the smaller carriers.
With sprint being an indentured servant to apple to get the iphone, i doubt they could carry such costs to do that.
Why would you leave Tmobile to get the Evo on sprint, when its the same phone as the OneS for 99% of it? Tmobile's service is cheaper and faster to boot.
84. Berzerk000 posted on 27 May 2012, 20:28 2
Because of the display, 4.7 inch 720p S-LCD2 vs. 4.3 qHD inch S-Amoled. And T-Mobile pretty much locked my family in to another 2 years, cuz they were willing to do pretty much to keep us since we've had them for years. They cut our monthly prices by almost half and offered us full upgrades over a year early, with a discount, and since I'm not in charge of the accounts, I had to stay. So, I'll just deal with the Pentile non-HD :/ And don't say pentile isn't that noticeable, I notice it on my friends Razr all the time. Though the performance should be better on the One S, considering it has a lower resolution but the same processor.
90. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 21:53 1
if you're looking for it and you're not used to looking at it then yeah, it's noticeable but when you stop caring you really don't see it.
21. darkgoon3r96 posted on 27 May 2012, 08:52 0
Meh.... In my opinion, Stock looks way better because of the icons and colours going well. Touchwizz which I am not a fan of, looks better than this. Oh well, thank god for Cyanogenmod
47. Berzerk000 posted on 27 May 2012, 13:02 4
Would have to disagree with you there. Moto's UI is the closest thing to stock you will get from devices with custom interfaces. TouchWiz almost entirely masks ICS.
49. OptimusOne posted on 27 May 2012, 13:17 2
touchwiz is not as bad as sense
you can barely tell if it is ics on the one x
cyanogen mod 9 forever!
55. Berzerk000 posted on 27 May 2012, 15:55 2
Now that Sense 4 is out, TouchWiz is worse than Sense. Sense 4 is very light compared to Sense 3.
58. KingKurogiii posted on 27 May 2012, 16:01 3
Sense is definitely better but TW still performs soooo well that i wouldn't quite put them together yet.