Microsoft's SmartGlass app will let you control your Xbox 360 from your Android device
15. wp8forever (unregistered)
That's what I love about Microsoft that's why they setting in 66 billion cash they support everyone even the competition and is always willing to work with them, Google should learn and start really Google apps for windows phone and stop being scared.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 5643; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Well.....I dont think MS needs any Google apps.
MS has Nokia Maps, they have Bing, they have Office Live maybe....they have Hotmail...
Apple doesnt really have any of that. And we all see whats happening with Apple maps..
23. Topcat488 (Posts: 1312; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Maybe it didn't occur to you that M$ need Android users more then Google need Microsoft apps. I mean really!!! It's more likely that more Android users have Xbox's as WP users put together. Get real "wp8forever".
2. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
its actually pretty amazing im using it right now while typing this on my razr maxx and it feels
25. KuDoTa (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Yeah, I've upgraded my phone to ICS via CM 9 but G.Play still recognizes my phone /Huawei Ideos U8150/ as a Froyo device!
:( x 10
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is the best. these are the kind of releases that's gonna make me think less about going to Windows Phone.
10. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
you can use your WP phone to navigate the xbox 360 UI. *shrugs* I see no purpose in using a mobile device or tablet to manipulate the 360's UI. Until there is a holodeck a controller would still be the choice of navigation, unless you use a PC for gaming then mouse, keyboard, or joystick.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i know that. of course you can with a Windows Phone but now that you can do the same thing on Android it makes getting a Windows Phone a little less enticing and that's happening little by little all the time. do you have a 360? i've had the latest dashboard update with Internet Explorer for months now because i did the Beta Program for Microsoft and while i thought the browser was quite smooth and responsive navigating it with a Controller left something to be desired and Kinect didn't help much, especially with it's limited voice functionality in that particular app. my mouse and keyboard worked but it was a pain in the ass to unplug the nano transmitters for them out of my Xbox all the time so Smartglass is perfect. IE might be used more by me now. then there's the matter of being able to find things quicker in Smartglass than on the Xbox itself. yeah, there's pins now but if i want to do something while i'm in a game or deep within an app i can just push whatever i want to start with Smartglass. there's practical implementation here.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I've had the beta since it came out too! Big improvement.
18. jroc74 (Posts: 5643; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I agree. Like porting Office to Android and the iOS? Maybe they will hold key features out and have them only for Windows versions.
But, they have always did this. I would think if they want WP to start gaining market share and popularity, they would keep something like this for themselves.
21. AstronautJones (Posts: 294; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Exactly what I was thinking. XBOX functionality was one of the draws for WP8. Now I can get the same from Android, not so much...
Now I can upgrade from my SGSIII to a Galaxy Note II!
If I can get permission from my wife ;-)
6. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Great work microsoft, you support android while google doesnt give a s**t about windows phone, great work...
7. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
This is really cool. I like the idea of innovation without restriction, regarding ecosystem. I wonder if iOS will get this app?
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i bet it'll be soon if it isn't already and just hasn't been reported. i'd check back often for the next few days.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just downloaded it. Works like a charm on my 360. :)
11. infinitemethod (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I'm a fan of those. Well played all around.
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Good job microsoft! Now there would be more options for me as an xbox user rather than just using kinect and the controller.
19. husfus (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Come on google! Bring your blessings to windows phone.
24. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
posting from my SmartGlaas on phone via internet explorer on my Xbox. I love android and google resources. I hope that MS keeps features consistent for all OS' using this app. I use a lot of MS products and love them for the most part. I hear the MS juggernaut coming though.