Lenovo Vibe X2 leaks out: premium metal and first phone with a 'layered' design
What’s evident is that - unlike some (cough, Samsung) - Lenovo takes design seriously with the Vibe X2 and this latest leak shows it wearing clothes all out of metal, and a unique, ‘layered’ design. You can see this layering of colors on the images right below, and it’s an interesting new idea that we’re curious to hear your thoughts about.
For all else, the Vibe X2 is a fairly typical Android, likely to come with a very alluring price tag. Here are the specs highlights of the phone as per all the leaks so far:
- Android 4.4.2
- 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage
- 13MP main camera
- 5MP front-facing shooter
- 2,250 mAh battery
Lenovo Vibe X2 leaks out: first phone with a 'layered' design
12. neela_akaash (Posts: 176; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
The reflection in the second pic shows that it has been taken from xperia z2
20. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 219; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Yeah layered design is already seen in Jolla
2. TBomb (Posts: 176; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I could see the layered dedsign becoming popular..... or something similar.... give it 5 years.
4. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 669; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
4.4.2 on a phone that comes out at the end of 2014, just FAIL
5. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2732; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You say that as if you'd be able to tell difference between a skinned phone running 4.4.2 & another running 4.4.4 without checking in the settings. I highly doubt it. Perhaps you're thinking 4.2.2.
14. AfterShock (Posts: 2997; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It's missing the security updates of 443/444.
Not so much functionality I'd guess.
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2732; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I know what it's missing. The point is that you would never know the difference through any kind of daily usage.
19. AfterShock (Posts: 2997; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Then you know that is a fail by an OEM.
I agree, you'd never see the difference.
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2732; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You clearly don't understand the point. Never mind.
6. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 132; Member since: 30 May 2014)
the camera use to capture the phone was xperia z2
10. uchihakurtz (Posts: 278; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lol, the sides looks like my headache pills
11. Antimio (Posts: 279; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
why did you removed the "GNow VS Siri VS Cortana" article?
13. jibraihimi (Posts: 696; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Are you the same guy, who was spamming all the posts, for one other removed article few weeks back.......... ??? If yes, then write one article yourself, or hire somebody to write it for you, and then read it every hour, every day, this will relieve you a lot........
16. spo (Posts: 19; Member since: 25 Apr 2009)
I hope their phones are better than their ideapad and thinkpad yoga computers. It took me four to get one that was close to working properly, though still not perfectly.
23. Taters (Posts: 3606; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Galaxy Apha looks nicer to me so that design thing was a pretty retarded jab. Almost HTC and Nokia like. Their fans take these weird jabs at Samsung like their designs are superior but in reality they are not.
24. JMartin22 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Exactly, they either look generic or ergonomically uncomfortable to hold
25. parthoman (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
did someone said that this product is a result of after taking design seriously.
cmon we need a better photographer here or iam not seeing any design elements here.