LG G3 and its funky Quick Cover case caught riding the metro train
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
When I'm watching LG G3 video teaser it looks like LG G3 is metal. :)
But when I look at LG G3 images which were posted by PhoneArena yesterday, I start to think that LG G3 will be plastic with metal frame. Why? Because if back cover is metal then why I don't see any plastic 'gaps' for antenna?
No plastic 'gaps' for antenna:
I start to think that it will be plastic (only speculations). :(
What you think guys?
Anyway, even if it is plastic it still looks better than Samsung's plastic design at least in the teaser video and in images which were posted by PhoneArena yesterday (my opinion).
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It looks like the self healing thing on G Flex.
2. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Is that some metal trim around it? Man this thing is looking good.
4. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
It looks like it is and would match up with the teaser pic they posted early in the week.
3. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
So sad.. Seems unconvinient for one handed usage. Still, I hope 8.5 sized hands won't have any trouble!
5. wargreymon (Posts: 678; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
I got small hands also and I had no problem wielding G Flex, problem with that was it didnt fit my pants pockets, else I loved it. Plus I'm sure G3 will come with the 1 hand thingies that G Pro 2 has.
13. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Hmm that's a good sign... I haven't try holding a G Flex, nor the G 2 Pro, but it seems that the lady(?) here in this photo will struggle to operate it one handed. What glove size do you wear? I hope 'One hand thingies' works well, in case everything else fails.
18. wargreymon (Posts: 678; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
If I measure the circumference of my hand its 7.5"-ish
20. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Well that's smaller than mine! Perhaps I should really try to hold it IRL...
26. 0kax0el0 (Posts: 153; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
I have rather big hands but the G Flex was still a bit uncomfortable to use with one hand, though not as annoying as the Note3, I love capacitive buttons, but for the sake of "ergonomy" (sheer size of the handset) these are too damn low for one hand use.
Anyone instered in buying a Galaxy Note3, perfect shape, all its accessories and a Ferrari flipcover? =D
7. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
This is just a big gimmick by LG just to tease the world about the G3.
8. jbjr43 (Posts: 50; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
IMO, the case is funky looking with the circle cut out...
10. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Well, they're leaking their phone but at least it's not the htc type of advertising via leaks.
11. MrPhilo (Posts: 48; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
WHY CAN'T LG fix the black border around the ips display, no point having a thin bezel if theres a fat black border, its okay on the black models but other models nope
15. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Just get the black one and add a coloured case (if you don't like black). Personally thinking, black smartphones looks more elegant.
36. DONUT (Posts: 407; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
i think that black border u see in the photo is just the actual bezel. if u look at the press renders u would see tt the bezels of the screen for all 3 colours are black. i would think LG have gotten rid of the inner bezel cos the G Pro 2 didnt have them already.
looking at the photo closely, it SEEMS like its a snap on case like the on G2 and not a back cover replacement like on the G Pro 2.
16. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Who even took that pic...? Bet it was staged.
31. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 222; Member since: 08 May 2014)
Viral marketing, its always viral marketing lol
17. b0wzer (Posts: 103; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
The picture kind of puts the hugeness of this phone into perspective. Too big? Maybe.
21. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This phone will not sell that well because most people do not want a huge 5.5" screen. OEMs need to learn that it is not necessary to increase the screen size each year. Bad decisions, LG...
23. wargreymon (Posts: 678; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
S5, Z2 and M8 are still selling no? This will be just the same size due to small bezels.
24. Noble_One (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Exactly...all the phones got bigger this generation really. Anyone that has seen the S5 or the one m8 will tell you...they're quite big. I expect LG to keep pace. Yes it will be bigger than the g2 IMO...but all of them are bigger this gen
25. wargreymon (Posts: 678; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
I think its very good work from LG making a device that has 0.3-0.5" larger screen and keeping it within 1-2mm of the others. In some cases it will even be smaller. But instead people just look at the screen size.... Wonder if the same people would rejoice over a 140 x 70 phone with a 4" screen using the best internals?
28. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I agree. This probably would have been my phone if they did a 5.2 QHD screen and made it smaller than the G2.
Since it is 5.5, I won't be getting it. Good thing Google might shrink it again like they shrunk the G2 screen for the Nexus 5.
Google is our last chance in 2014 because if the Z2 compact is based on the A2, Sony made it too fat again.
So it is all up to Google to buck this very disappointing trend.
30. MichaelA (Posts: 18; Member since: 14 May 2014)
I need to feel the phone in hand & pocket before I make my decision. I tend to agree with you though; I like 5-5.2 inch phones. It's going to be hard holding off until the Nexus 6 gets here though. Damn Google for waiting til Oct/Nov every year!
35. TheYellowDart (Posts: 26; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
I for one use my Note 3 with one hand i'm no giant at 5' 9". When you consider that they made a phone with a 5.2 inch screen the same size as the S4 which imo wasn't very big for it's size its easy to imagine that they can cram 5.5 inches into a phone around the same size as the rather large bezeled 5.1" s5. Even if its a little bigger than the s5 i'm sure it will be much smaller than the note 3. Even if its not though idc since once you have a phone long enough you just get used to it.
All of that and when you consider that this is an even higher res than most phones i'm sure it all comes down to yield and how much they produce. I'm sure all these OEMs wouldn't be putting so much effort into these phones if there wasn't market information telling them that there's a market for these size of phones. I'll be sure to get this in October when I have another upgrade.
38. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Galaxy Note sells and it has a smaller screen than the Galaxy Note. Yes , definitely it should sell. ?
29. redbaronk12 (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
What's the point in a cover with a window on a non-amoled screen? It won't extend battery life. I guess it does offer some extra protection...
Anyway, take my money for the phone (but keep your case)
33. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
This train must be boring af. Everyone is in headsets...no communication whatsoever!!!
34. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
How in the world can you say for sure its a G3? I can't spot any characteristic G3 features based on the press renders. Could be a G2 with a funky 3rd party quickview compatible cover, right?
And clicking a picture of a lady at that angle, in public view, is quite crazy, IF this isn't a staged photo.
37. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
i don,t think so this phone did good