Huawei preps a Full HD 5-incher of its own for CES, and a "better than Apple and Samsung" superphone
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1148; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Don't make me hold my breathe for nothing now Huawei. Cause your talking and making a lot of promises.... It has to be something better then S-pen magic coming with this thing, show me some gimmicks...
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL, talk is cheap, why Huawei not show us some pics.
21. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I am NOT Waiting until 2013!!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's a tall claim they're making. I sometimes think what is going in their minds...is it that they have already created something or on the verge. If they mentioned a particular phone that they think they can surpass, they should mention it. But Samsung and Apple as a whole is going to be hard to beat.
17. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
True, saying it beats Apple or Samsung is one thing. Saying it beats Samsung AND Apple, you're gonna need more than awesome specs to do that.
16. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
These guys Huawei must be smoking real serious out there. Give it up Samsung rules this space always will.
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4022; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Samsung won't rule forever. Someone always rises up and takes the market by storm, it's just a natural thing.
Or the ruling company gets new management and the new head makes terrible decisions that runs the company into the ground.
Whichever comes first.
2. SaM1X (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Better than Apple and Samsung but looks like One X from the back. Anyways i wish Huawei best of luck (Y)
4. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
That's a photo of Ascend w1 and it doesn't take a genius to figure out.
5. omacmagic (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Wow can't wait for CES 2013 it sure is going to be something.
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 1416; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Let's see how good the competition will be next year as more 1080p displays on smartphones are now becoming a trend
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
I really wanna fainted when I heard one more 1080p superphone :(
12. babyk (Posts: 221; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
wow those guys just stealing everything htc has my gosh. First samsung with desktop 3d flip effect and yes HTC started it first by flipping the home screen foward but samsung is the other way around but its still stolen from htc look now Huawei has stolen the camera area with the flash from htc one x and one x Plus. That is HTCs thing there should ban them
13. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
There is a serious flaw in some of the text in this article. Some Chinese phones have managed to attain height in their specs like any manufacturer can but that is only a part of what making a great phone is. There is a reason why Samsung and Apple sell so many phones and hardware again is only part of it. In that case, talk means nothing if it cannot be backed up with something more than a few gimmicks.
Anyone can follow or create tech but can they make they tech match with amazing software, lasting quality, and an impressive end experience?
14. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Good luck. Is all I am going to say till we get ALOT more info beyond chest beating.
15. catt4u (Posts: 64; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
It's like with the announcements early this year at MWC in Barcelona for the Ascend D Quad which should be a Galaxy SIII killer.
Too little and far too late on the market to make any impact or attract potentional buyers.
By the time Huawei can offer a Note2 competitor (or better?), Samsung will have the Note3 on the market.
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6497; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I wouldn't say better because you have to BEAT THEM AT SALES/MARKETING in order to sell over 3 million phones or more.