Huawei W1 press photos appear: Windows Phone 8 in style and on budget
The blue version isn’t the only one, though. The company is also bringing a black, white and pink Huawei W1 Windows Phones.
This whole device is not about stellar specs, but rather about compromises and affordability, still preserving Windows Phone’s smooth user experience. Here is a quick rundown of the specs, as per rumors:
- 4 inch WVGA display,
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor,
- VGA front-facing camera,
- 5MP rear camera with flash,
- 512MB of RAM,
- 4GB of expandable storage.
Finally, the Huawei W1 release date is set for November or December in China. The price comes at the sweet $310, and that’s something pretty reasonable for that spec sheet. It would probably come to Western markets soon, but there is no clarity on when that will happen nor any official confirmation yet. Ogle at it right after the source.
source: @evleaks via UnwiredView
1. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
A very good midranger.
I like design of wp8 phones more than that of android ones..
4. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
more like sony Xperia v front side
9. Seymur (unregistered)
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5479; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Front looks like Sony Xperia and back around the camera looks like HTC One X.
3. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Love wp8. alot of new features not supported in wp7.
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What the hell does "4 GB of expandable storage" mean???
Am i missing something here? Did i miss out a mobile lingo?
13. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
4GB internal storage expandable through microSD slot?
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
None of you are getting what i'm try'na say...which phone comes with only 4 GB of expandable storage this days???
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8553; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Mid range phones, which is what this phone is....
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Do you even notice that mid ranged phones now come with atleast 16GB of expandable memory?
26. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
Well this one come with 4GB and learn to accept it...
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1350; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
This has the lens cover of a one x ,rear of a Xperia and the front of a 8x
7. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Had it been at least qHD I would have been really interested.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2276; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't believe the Windows Phone 8 platform supports qHD resolution. Just 800x480, 1280x720, & 1280x768.
11. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Well that sucks. Kind of a big jump from WVGA to 720p HD.
Just low end or high end.
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2276; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I love how mature the people on this site are. Two thumbs down for simply stating a fact. I looked it up. It is fact.
17. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
What a physically appealing handset. I see this selling well, especially with the price tag.
20. Jyakotu (Posts: 821; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Glad to see that colors in phones are making a comeback. It got pretty boring seeing the same black, white, sliver/gray slabs on the market.
21. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
nice specs...but i;'ll wait for what will nokia give in the low end market!
24. Altair (Posts: 325; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Huoh just another cheap asian copycat product.
27. djstammo (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Just 512 RAM :( They realy could instal 1 G RAM
And I guess no Gorilla Glass