Here is the cheapest 5-inch 1080p smartphone
The newest one is a 5-inch 1080p smartphone which will cost... merely $144. That is the off contract price, mind you. In comparison, other 1080p devices like the Sony Xperia Z sell for around four to five times more.
Of course, you shouldn’t expect quite that level of performance and attention to detail, but a brilliant screen with decent performance at that price definitely sounds great. The phone in question is the mysterious Neo N003
The Neo N003 will arrive in two models, the first one being the affordable $144 one, and the second one is much more expensive and better equipped at $241.
Right now, you can get a 5-inch 1080p phone for around $160 with the iOcean X7 ‘Youth.’
source: Giz China
2. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now that is ridiculously cheap.
Can't believe 1080p is still considered high end in the laptop realm ..
17. _Bone_ (Posts: 2137; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
True. Now here's one for a little more ($400), but rocking a Snapdragon 600 CPU clocked at 1,9GHz and an epic 4200mAh battery.
25. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
with this specs wouldn't it have beaten the s 4?
i mean a quad core at 1.9GHz?, 4200mAh bat?
4. asianface (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Would like to snatch one to play with :D look at the price!!
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
China products are synonymous with the word 'cheap' - with huge trade offs in quality. Not surprising, but pushing it to $144 is kinda extreme. It probably is only good enough for watching videos, and cant even play games properly. No matter what chipset it uses, it's not going to be a powerful one.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just because it is a China product? Come on, it is from China doesn't mean it is bad or 'cheap'!
27. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Are you saying that HTC(I know its in Taiwan, but same general area) makes cheap products.
Huawei doesn't make cheap products anymore either
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3023; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Um...Victor, are you sure it's a 1080p device? Cause i checked with the name and it says 5.3 inch with a resolution of 720p, using the quad-core mediatek processor MTK6589. Or is it different?
9. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Xperia Z sure cost 5 times more but what about HTC One? That thing unlocked cost more than Xperia Z and no one complain about that?
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
EXTREMELY better than iPhone
15. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
How do you know that? For $144 you can´t get good internals, A screen with 1080p resolution will cost surely at least $50 so now you only have $94. At least $50 will go to internals. And they have to sell the phone with a win so I would guess that the only good thing about this phone will be the screen and Android, ofcourse :). And I would not be surprised if the is quite weak, low contrast, low brightness, not accurate colors and I think that you know that Iphone 5 has one of the best screen, very good contrast, almost perfect RGB and very high brightness. The only part where Iphone loses is the price and that it is not running android.
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well at least it is more affordable than the iPhone 5, i know the specs of the iPhone 5 are better than this phone, the problem is the design has not been chang
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
the problem is the design has not been changed, and I hate the physical home button, and the iPhone 5 ios have problems too, but that's just my opinion :)
(Sorry for the comment, i'm too late to edit the comment, Phonearena says can't edit the comment after 240 secs)
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Surely more affordable than the mini iphone in fiber glass :D
29. JunitoNH (Posts: 965; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
No just proves the S3 is easy to replicate, and cheap.
11. bragzter (Posts: 48; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
Almost all the expensive devices are made over there. We just pay for the name. So these are the same parts minus the branding
14. nexus_user (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hope the components is not made or doesn't contain toxic materials and hope the phone can last for a year :-)
16. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
These phones are made to hold out for merely 2 months, so that you go ahead and buy a new one five times (1 year), so that makes it more expensive that HTC ONE :). For those of you that did not get this, I was being sarcastic.
20. scsa852k (Posts: 300; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
I'll bet my life that this piece of Chinese crap won't last a year.
23. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well if that's so then these phones would fail in China too ... have they failed? No perhaps.
21. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this just prove that high end models that samsung and others are not worth a price! you can now buy a 1080p phone at that super low price!
android is really disposable!
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
These phones are quickly becoming popular in India. Antutututu scores don't matter here ... all want BIG screens
28. Adithya7184 (Posts: 316; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
I m damn sure...micromax will ripoff this phone.....and people say micromax manufactured this....LOL...
30. RodrigoFreijanes (Posts: 25; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I sold my Note 1 N7000 and got Note 10.1 N8000.
Now I just need to decide what Chinese smartphone to buy.