HTC's M8 Ace exposed in curvy high-resolution for the first time, no Duo camera to be seen
1. newbey123 (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Looks pretty good if it true. Good job HTC. Still prefer the M8 and the forthcoming Prime version.
3. fsalto98 (Posts: 31; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Looks pretty good, but i really dont like the button layout. But gotta love that red color!
4. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
A plastic device which looks amazing ! Samsung should learn it from HTC !
11. T.Law (Posts: 413; Member since: 10 May 2014)
Well, Samsung has nothing to learn from HTC. Their phones are solid, well build, reliable and the most important; selling like hot cakes.
16. Supraman21 (Posts: 314; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
No. Not solid and well built at all. My Galaxy S1 and 3 were both creaky and had usb problems. I had to shift around with the usb to get them to charge. The Galaxy Nexus was by far the most well built Samsung phone. Everything else is flimsy and creaky.They don't sell because they are the best... they sell because they work and spend 100's of millions on marketing.
20. Doakie (Posts: 1886; Member since: 06 May 2009)
My Galaxy Tab 10.1, Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S 2), Galaxy S 3, Note 2 and Note 3 weren't build poorly IMO. My E4GT or S3 might have creaked a very little bit if you very aggressively twisted it, but other than that it didn't have any issues. Maybe my Samsung Vibrant, Epic 4G, or Galaxy S 4G might have been flimsy but that's 4 generations ago. How often do you twist phones anyways? My EVO 4G, and Sensation 4G also creaked with severe twisting but that doesn't happen in daily life. Besides the fact that they all feel identical once they're in a case.... I was very satisfied with the Note 2 and now am very happy with my Note 3. I've owned a One M7 between the Note 2 and Note 3 and honestly build quality on the Galaxy line isn't an issue to me. The camera quality on the Note 3 is excellent relative to the Ultrapixel camera on my M7. Battery life is better, and my overall experience has been great. A great overall package is more important to me than polycarbonate vs aluminum. Also I install Nova Launcher on all phones I own so the heavy skinning of Touchwiz doesn't effect me and all phone software generally has the same feel because of Nova.
To each their own, I'm probably going to be dismissed as a Samsung fanboy for this comment but who cares. People will blame fanboyism for any positive review.
BTW, this is posted from my Moto G.... What a Samsung fanboy.... I hate to have gone through such a heavy list of phones I've owned but I'm trying to emphasize I buy lots of phones besides Samsung.
14. mmmanuuu (Posts: 400; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Samsung and learning? ROFLMAO !!!! Learning means copying for sammy.
Send from a galaxy note 3
21. Doakie (Posts: 1886; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Yup. Because the Note 3 is very heavy in things Samsung copied. Totally copied, nothing original there. HAHAHA STUPID SAMSUNG!
12. Birds (Posts: 1154; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Actually I recalled that HTC was unifying the One and Butterfly line so the butterfly might be rebranded as the M8 Ace.
22. azers07 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Butterfly series phones are so underrated. Even HTC itself denied to upgrade them to Sense 6.
7. jibraihimi (Posts: 755; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
this thing is looking great in red.......
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Looks horrible. Well maybe not horrible, but if compared to the beauty of the M8, then yes.
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It surely does look ugly
The curves and uneven shape and bulkiness
15. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol suck t c terrible ergonomics and button layout at its best. Samsung needs to learn nothing from that garbage company.
Is Acer the only Taiwanese brand that cares about manufacturing things properly these days? Because Asus and HTC certainly don't.
17. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Holy sh*t if this is polycarbonat, yet got top specs of M8 and got an even better 13MP camera... this might be my phone. The price must be right and M8 Prime Have to impress with 13mp+ camera with SD805.
Samsung got nothing on HTC these coming years. Even their S5 prime looks rubbish, yes I have seen the leaks of the S5 prime.
18. baldilocks (Posts: 739; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Power button on top of such a tall phone is a bad design.
19. Edward_bly (Posts: 278; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Yeah they should go for back buttons ;P
23. craigy72 (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Nice! I hear it's also going to have solar panels on the back so it charges on the go. The future.