HTC teases tomorrow's event with a corner shot; is it Android or Windows Phone 8?
HTC DIx (DROID Incredible X?) for now. This model will supposedly launch with a 1080p screen and a pixel density of 480ppi. We could see a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 pro allowing for LTE connectivity. This beast is expected to head to Verizon, and while it would be great to see the HTC DIx make an appearance in the Big Apple tomorrow, we're not counting on it.
What HTC has done to tease Wednesday's event is to show the picture of a corner of what is probably one of HTC's new phones. Underneath the picture is tomorrow's date, and the clock on the device reads 10:08am, a common time used on HTC ads. Is it an Android phone? Is it a Windows Phone 8 unit? What we do know is that tomorrow at this time, we should know what HTC has in store for the next few months for both platforms.
The festivities begin at 11am EDT and we will be there to give you all the exciting details of what HTC will be announcing at the event!
source: HTC via Phandroid
1. darkskoliro posted on 18 Sep 2012, 18:31 12
Looks like windows phone from the font. But keen for that damn 5" !! And please release that beast internationally ;)
24. anywherehome posted on 19 Sep 2012, 01:24 0
can WP at least open an email link in eg Opera like iPhone can not?
could we use WP like an external drive like iPhone can not, or do I have to have an external disc too like with iPhone?
4. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2012, 18:35 5
It's so hard to tell what it is. A phone? A tablet? Both? But whatever it is, sure looks nice.
21. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2012, 22:04 0
That's what I'm leaning towards it being. But we'll find out tomorrow!
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Sep 2012, 18:38 6
they seriously should use periods in between the DIX becuase its kinda awkward saying it LOL.............other than that wish them the best of luck :)
6. osanilevich posted on 18 Sep 2012, 18:39 4
I'd guess it's a windows phone. They usually have sharp corners
7. PAPINYC posted on 18 Sep 2012, 18:46 8
This will be a momentous occasion for all platforms of significant importance.
8. Ronref95 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 18:53 2
Im going to be there tomorrow hope its something really big.
17. lubba posted on 18 Sep 2012, 20:37 3
Its the new longer and more massive thing from HTC. Its gonna be tight. Might have stretch it out a couple of times for it to fit. Everyone will be screaming with this! So be ready to exercise your palms.
20. ChangMin2012 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 21:30 1
I can't help but think of Peter Chou and H.T. Chou offering their DIX to Samsung Mobile Head JK Shin for a good test run...
11. wendygarett posted on 18 Sep 2012, 19:23 6
It doesnt look like droid for me...
More like wp or tablet...
12. Leon101 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 19:33 0
Its clearly windows but they better bring out an android!!!
13. Apple_Royally_ (banned) posted on 18 Sep 2012, 19:36 2
The oneX+ should have 2GB RAM, & clocked at 1.8Ghz.
15. Cha7520 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 19:59 0
Its a Windows phone...check out phonedog.com...that sux!
18. Android4u posted on 18 Sep 2012, 21:21 0
Whatever it is, does anyone know if this is going to be at Verizon exclusively?
22. VJo003 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 23:00 4
HTC its time to regain lost ground... U know what to do...
23. Glim12808 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 00:35 0
Its already 100% sure they'll announce WP8 devices. In all probability, new Android phones could also be announced. Personally, I'd much rather they announce their Wp8 and Android devices on separate occasions.
25. jibraihimi posted on 19 Sep 2012, 02:40 0
More than phone, it's looks like tablet..... Especially due to position of clock in landscape orientation...........
26. rizevnarastek posted on 19 Sep 2012, 02:51 0
well this kinda looks like the Accords (8X) bezel .....
27. tiara6918 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 03:31 1
I'm excited for htc's event, I wonder what kind of beasts they'll release...
28. savezo007 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 04:09 0
this is such bullpoos on phonedog.com it looks like an android and on phonearena.com its a windows phone wtf is it!!!!