HTC teases its "all new One" smartphone with funny video, says it will "One Up" the competition
The teaser video presents a "sound engineer" who talks about the sound quality of the current One, as well as about the improved sound quality of the “all new One.” We don’t know if this is a confirmation of the new handset’s name, but we did hear that it could be called exactly “the All New One”.
Another possible name for the upcoming HTC flagship is “One Up”, since the company keeps on mentioning that the device will “One Up” the competition.
In case you didn’t know, the alleged HTC M8 / All New One appeared in leaked photos several times until now, here, here and here. Until we hear more about it, check out the teaser video below:
10. surethom (Posts: 321; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
I find this is very good marketing and cant wait for the next 1. But HTC need a new advertising agency for there general adverts they are TERRIBLE
2. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1475; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
So I have to wait for another month to see the announcement!! I want to see it now!!
11. igorb81 (Posts: 29; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Probably not much to see... I think we already seen everything there is to see about HTC One. I am not impressed until I see something about SD card until then no interest from me and I don't care about speakers at all for me it's just huge bezels. That's why I am just pretty happy with my S4
13. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1475; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah, we are pretty much know what the new HTC One is going to be. Refresh the spec and that's pretty much it. But I think I am going to go with the Z2 and I can finally retire my Nexus 4 :D
19. Astoni (Posts: 576; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I'm going from z1 to the new HTC :p. The only thing that actually held me back was the camera and Snapdragon 600 CPU.
31. Taters (Posts: 3606; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You are going to be unpleasantly surprised about how poorly designed and made HTC phones are.
Get ready for dead pixels, dust, screen lift, uneven USB ports, poor button placement etc. the works..
37. Astoni (Posts: 576; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Haha, last HTC device i had was 3-4 years back and it Was HTC dersire. I loved it :p and i've held and played with HTC one more than one time and its an extremely nice device... HTC was sh*t around sensation Era..
3. Kishin (Posts: 649; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Nice this video will be clear on the release day cant wait, even if i am not getting one.
5. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Let's just hope the new one redeeming features are not only the boomsound, since z2 stepped up their speaker too.
6. power_x (Posts: 244; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I am pretty sure that the next One will be called One Up
7. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Wow HTC what innovation do you have? Nothing just a nice design phone that u are going to recopy and trick these guppies its new when you and I know the truth , you HTC are done,
12. brar.arsh (Posts: 158; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
And the guys like you don't shut up there mouth while praising something like S5 and iPhone 5S.
29. johnehms09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Well thats an innovation to put emergency kit band aid to your phine..
9. newbey123 (Posts: 452; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Decent video, but Im just glad they are advertising more. Will be the best smartphone this year, but doesn't matter if people don't know about it! Advertise more HTC, good job so far.
14. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
please htc do not compromise on any features such as
-top current spec
35. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
how often do you remove the battery? 3 times a day?
15. nzagorec (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
Why do you need removable battery? You carry around 2 of them in the pocket just in case the one in the phone drains out? I don't get it, I never touch the battery.
I just hope for 3 things: better camera, bigger battery and microSD slot.
21. toink (unregistered)
Same goes with the MicroSD slot. I don't recall ever removing it from my phone to swap files or what not.
Apart from bigger battery & better camera, I wish they can make it more compact and light.
24. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
that is the problem since htc don't put in a bigger battery beside the htc max. Seal it if >3500 mah or make it removable since i have a choice to use the monster mugen battery >5000 mah
sd card is a must for audio and video files
26. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
Batteries eventually go bad, it's nice to have the freedom to buy extras instead of getting a new phone. I'm still using my Original Droid because of replaceable batteries. Don't knock something just because it's not for you.
32. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 157; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Hahaha rock on bro. I'm still using my OG Droid also....I really love the nexus line but the non removable battery is a killer for me...
16. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
HTC plz play safe...last time u ppl really did huge marketing of ultrapixel camera and it proved to be pathetic and this time u r doing for Sound so.......bt I really hope u will not disappoint us this time
17. tedkord (Posts: 5309; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If this has expandable storage and a replaceable battery, I just might go for it.
18. banglazbless (Posts: 52; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
What a damn shame when the feature your touting is boomsound, so now we going to walk around with the phone on our shoulders playing music? This is so lame, how does this make the everyday experience better?
20. terabyteRouser (Posts: 452; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
it's a preview. they didn't say this is the only feature.
22. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Well if the leaks(again will have to wait till official release) are anything to go buy the m8 isn't much of jump from the one itself. Ie rumors are 2gb ram, 1080p screen and same design which isn't nothing to sniff at but if you going to do marketing like this then you better have better specs and not the same otherwise it doesn't make you look good yourself.
23. Ikechukwu (Posts: 149; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
fail and you'll become the joke of the year
25. TechVoid (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
Cant wait for this phone .. :D me and my buddy gonna use our t-mobile jump and upgrade from my g2 and his n5
28. HTCOE (Posts: 528; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
it will not be called the One Up for sure and the BoomSound speakers are the least of the devices perks, but it's nice to have with it's improvements.
34. JMartin22 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
No one will care about this phone a month and a half after the announcement of the "real" Galaxy S5. Even the one introduced in MWC will run circles around this thing in terms of sales.
39. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 200; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
removable battery is a joke
htc plz never use a removable battery
40. StewieGriffin (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Feb 2014)
reminds me of friends series and joey's Milk-Master commercial for some reason