HTC One for KDDI in Japan sports new camera software, microSD card support
We saw a China bound HTC One device last month with a removable back plate revealing dual-SIM card slots plus microSD card support. While the dual-SIM card arrangement is not a generally a feature in high demand, few people argue against expandable storage ability.
The HTC J One (model HTL22) offers just that, microSDXC to be exact, up to 64GB. That is in addition to the standard 32GB on board by the way. When you check out the promotion video from KDDI below, you will also notice a couple other neat features that will be available in Japan, notably a “best shot” feature which is like BlackBerry’s Time Shift. Also on board is the ability to edit out background elements.
While there is not much of an expectation to seeing microSD support come to other markets, we can hope for some camera software upgrades. Perhaps we will see that when Jelly Bean 4.2.2 arrives.
source: KDDI via Engadget
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1039; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
HTC will be the New Boss if SamApple don't watchout!!! Only if HTC will market these types of devices to the rest of the world though...
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 964; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
and HTC won't 'simply' do that. HTC sux at marketing and omits simple useful features.
19. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
if microsd was in all versions of htc one, samsung would have got slapped in the face.
21. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 352; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Then the Samsung fans will say, well you still can't swap the battery!
22. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Battery swapping is nice to have just in case your phone locksup or you want better battery life. There is no reason for the HTC One not to have a micro sd other than wanting to be an Apple wanna be. Plenty of Unibody phones have them.
25. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
samsung phones can't live without battery swap.
because their battery life is notoriously terrible.
so removeable back cover is always available for sam phones.
2. FiddyPence (Posts: 21; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
The camera features are already on the phone in 4.1.1 and were shown of in February when it was announced.
It shows how little time you spent with the phone during your review.
It has just as many camera features as the S4 with you failed to mention in reviews and comparisons.
12. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I dont think there was that erase function
3. alterecho (Posts: 958; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Looks like Japan is getting all the good stuff. First, some exclusive Xperias, now this.
4. rizevnarastek (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I don't get why would they put another IR transmiter on the back of the device (like J Butterfly has) when there's already one serving as a power button. It somehow looks weird and fake. There's no mention of an SD slot in the video as well....
5. feres13 (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Camera features already present in the One : Take a Zoe, edit it, then select always smile, object removal or action shot
7. decent4u (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I think there is a typing error in the title it says "htc one for KDDI in Japan SPORTS new camera software, microSD card support" shouldn't it say japan SUPPORTS
11. eisenbricher (Posts: 964; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
umm.. I guess the title is right and you are misinterpreting it?
16. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Both would be correct, as in the sentence "He's sporting a woodrow after viewing those pics."
8. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
That song reminds of We Found Love - Rihanna
9. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 154; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
those japanese and chinese are too damn lucky
17. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, the J Butterfly sports a microSD slot as well, while the EU Butterfly and DNA do not. 16 GB storage is what holds back that model in my opinion.
10. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
woww maybe kddi wants to kick out z even in japan.!!
this is perfect form of one.
13. gd761 (Posts: 94; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
I Have a IDEA!
Put Windows Phone 8 on this Phone, let it Have 1080 Resolution, 128GB or Larger onboard Storage, TD-LTE Support, make it a True World Phone that can be Used on ANY CARRIER, 5G Support and be Backward Compatible, and 2 Micro SDXC Card Slots, and a 5000MAH Extended Battery Option, and Be Upgradeable to Windows Phone 9 or Higher.
If the HTC ONE came with This Configuration, I Would Buy 2 of them! One for My Wife and One for Me!
But, HTC DON'T have the BALLS to make a Phone like this, Especially for the United States!
The Challenge has Been put out there for HTC to See and to Reply or Respond to, But We All Know That They Never Will Reply or Respond to This, EVER!
But for the SLIM or should I say Sliver of a Chance that They Do Reply or Respond to this, they can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That's a dream, or it will take another year for the specs you're asking. Yet possible, but until now, no for Wp8
23. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
WIndows 8 and Windows phone 8 is a garbage OS and any developer that worked on it should feel bad.
Windows 8 is a very limited phone OS, worse than IOS. Most of the specs are not even possible on it.
18. tokuzumi (Posts: 136; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
And HTC keeps wondering why they have to re-invent themselves every year. Didn't they state they would release the same phone everywhere? Now there are 3 versions of the same phone. One without removable storage, one with dual-sim and SD card expansion, and one with SD card expansion. I'm sure they will release the One + in about 2 months, with upgraded processor, and more storage.
20. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's still the same design with the same name. When Apple released the CDMA iPhone 4, they changed the antenna design (and eliminated the death grip issue) but it was still the iPhone 4.
24. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
HTC One plus with a snapdragon 800, better battery and possibly a higher MP Camera in the fall is guaranteed.