HTC One X to get Jelly Bean update in October
For those with a carrier branded unit, like AT&T, the Jelly Bean update for your HTC One X should be available before Christmas. Given how quickly Android 4.1 is being adopted, relative to previous releases, you would probably be okay to hope for a time sooner than that.
Like with so many OS updates, it has been a waiting game since HTC announced that their One X, One S and One XL devices would be updated to Jelly Bean because, like with so many announcements, no date for the updates was provided. This news is welcome since some in the rumor mill were projecting updates closer to the end of December at the earliest. So far, only news of an update for the One X has been reported. We have not seen word of Jelly Bean updates for the One S or One XL, but when we do, we will be sure to pass it on to you!
sources: MoDaCo via Pocket-lint
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
nice......hopefully the Evo 4g lte will get it as well because thats the phone im looking to get as of right now :)
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Dude, the ios6 has update like so yesterday...
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
wendy........what the hell are you talkin about?? why do you think i care about apple? or "we" care about apple?...........seriously?
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
No harm feelings ok >.
18. Android1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
we know u like icrap ...so why are u posting comment here ???
7. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Wendy oh Wendy . I don't know what's wrong with you .
Few months ago you are replying iPhone 4S to people asking galaxy vs Xperia /razr/HTC (i forgotten ) which is better .
Sometimes I see you flip flopping over articles , you act like a iFan sometime yet you act like a Fandroid sometime
What's you agenda ? Neutral ? You don't really act neutral instead you act like there is 2 person a Fandroid and a iFan behind your account
14. natesvlogs (Posts: 40; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I really like my S3 but I would like the homescreen of the one x though
17. tokuzumi (Posts: 577; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
I have that same background on my Galaxy Nexus. If you are looking for the clock widget, Fancy Widgets will get you close.
20. lsutigers (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
If you are looking at the EVO 4G LTE, get it, its a great phone. I have an EVO and the recent update (still ICS) fixed the multitasking issues and sped the phone up quite a bit. It is faster than my GS3 now and I am consistently getting Quadrant's of 5400-5700, at the top of the Quadrant list beating out the One X, this phone is a BEAST.
That being said, Jelly Bean will speed things up even more and make the OS even smoother, I cant wait. BTW, I'm sure HTC will update the EVO at the same time as the AT&T One X or before, the EVO is a huge flagship franchise for Sprint and they will make sure those customers are happy.
3. slavytodorov (Posts: 38; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I just can't describe how happy and excited I am!! Thank you guys for informing us! I'm really grateful to you! I hope the update to Android 4.1 comes before the one for the SGS III!!
8. TechPsycho (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
I have some cool games installed in my one x, if updated to jelly bean means I'll lost them? Someone please give an answer
21. slavytodorov (Posts: 38; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
You didn't lose anything with the 4.0.4 update, right? You won't lose it with the Jelly Bean update so don't worry, just be happy (and grateful to HTC)! :)
9. pinball00 (Posts: 21; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
finally been waiting that means htc one x+ on the way very soon
22. slavytodorov (Posts: 38; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I think it won't make any major difference. 200 MHz aren't much more than the clockspeed of 1500 MHz of the One X. Right, guys?
10. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1463; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Guess all my pirated apps will disappear then
12. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Google just disabled app encryption on Play Store.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
whats the app encryption for?
11. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
wow looking forward to it curiously. its gna b the fastest android. better than sgs3. good luck htc
15. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Good news, I'm happy with my HOX unbranded.
16. lyndon420 (Posts: 2888; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Bring it on...I'm ready for it. Yeah baby!