Googler shows off slightly deranged original Android mascot
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nice... But I prefer the original cute little green bot :)
2. corporateJP (Posts: 2384; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Looks like...a metallic giant sex toy with goofy eyes.
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1922; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
"it was probably a good thing that Google went to a professional designer" and yes it was cuz that looks like one stupid robot
5. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That looks like "Rosie" from The Jetsons [on crack] ¿°`
8. alterecho (Posts: 1095; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Bingo! Remember seeing an episode where she goes crazy and has the same crazy look on her face...
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats the first thing I thought of too.. lol
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
now thats creepy looking but looks like something from the Jetsons era
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Would love to have seen what Verizon would have done with that!
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
It would look just like that.. but with stickers all over it naming the VZW bloatware inside, and giant padlocks all over the update port.
9. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 909; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Looks like Dan missed a few hugs growing up....
Glad they went to a proper designer for the final design.
10. mcgrd (Posts: 7; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
girls will love it! . .especially when it vibrates. . hehehe =p
11. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
"The lovable green robot that we all know and love..." - wtf?! PA, are you on amphetamines? Maybe you know and love this toy, but don't put "all" in your opinion, right? PS: I don't know the previous, but this robot looks like a dildo! Maybe Giggle finally found the best looks for their so-called OS :)
14. ebubekir26 (Posts: 312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You came to the wrong article to diss android, now f**k off !!
16. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
"We all" as in "we all at PA". We're obviously not trying to speak to your opinions, only our own. That said, you seem quite riled up over something so innocuous. What don't you like about the current Android mascot?