Galaxy S6 specs leak reiterates 1440x2560 pixels display, Exynos 7 Octa, and a 16 MP camera
1. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
A Snapdragon 810 powered Note 4 sounds more intriguing to me.
2. ilovephablets (Posts: 45; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
But that is gonna be released in south Korea only
3. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
S6 will outshine every other smartphone next year. Really have high hopes from this phone.
Bring it on Sammy :)
13. Cod3rror (Posts: 123; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Yea, the lack of 4GB is the biggest disappointment for me.
I thought they were waiting till 64-bit to jump to 4GB, but looks like they'll coast on 3GB for another year.
21. android_hitman (unregistered)
but do we really need 4Gb of RAM?
35. DeusExCellula (Posts: 1084; Member since: 05 Oct 2014)
With Samsung Yes. Touch Whiz is heavy, and then add the QHD screen and you have got a major resource drain. 4GB of RAM would help smooth that out.
29. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
And you will do what with this extra gig of ram that you cant do with 3gig?
If they debloat TW a bit it would do more than an extra gig of ram.
31. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Seriously. Debloating TouchWiz would be Samsung BIGGEST achievement for the Galaxy S6.
33. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I really don't care about these early 64Bit chipsets. This time next year we will get some awesome devices with better 64Bit chipsets with 4+GB of RAM.
The New Nexus & the Note 5 will absolutely be head over heels better than these upcoming devices for early 2015.
10. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Same was said for S5 and it failed miserably in every single department, from build quality, to sales.
37. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Stop exaggerating how did it fail in 'every single department' ? The only place it failed was sales and that because of so many chinese brands recently.
Also, how was built quality of S5 was a fail ? I can link you YT videos where it survives being run over by a car, a 10 feet drop and a drop from an apartment window.
All of that and being water resistant and removable battery cover and also MicroSD slot.
38. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The most popular android handset is a fail at sales?
You guys are silly.
It failed at "sales projections", not at sales. Samsung just projected too high. That means nothing really other than they didnt adjust for market pressures.
40. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I hope it will be premimium looking plastic like motorola instead of cheap looking plastic
42. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Nope that's not it. GS5 sold LESS then GS4 while iPhones have only increased over previous iteration. This is a clear sign of a failed product.
Also, we all know about how Samsung's profit has fallen drastically over the past couple of years. Even they said in their AGM that its because of the slump in smartphone sales. What more proof do you need ?!
Being said that, it doesn't change the fact that how well rounded phone GS5 is but unlike iPhones marginal improvements over previous generation doesn't cut it in android world.
4. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
So this is a note 4 but without the stylus.
5. ilovephablets (Posts: 45; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
If the performance on this phone is much much much better than the note 4 then i will get it if not i will wait for a better phone
7. apis10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
5312x2988 is 16:9 ratio. This would make 21MP in 4:3 ratio
8. Industriality (Posts: 131; Member since: 08 Sep 2014)
They have not to fail the design and build quality, hardware specs are no boner nowdays, but quality is.
30. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The S5 is water resistant. Both the S5 and N4 have better specs and build/drop quality than the iphone and the majority of their competitors.
On a "build quality" stance, Samsung is always at the top or near it.
You mean build materials?
Metal is a horrid build material for the outside of the phone.. unless you prefer a shiny brick to a device that can make calls/text in low signal areas. Aluminum phones are not as good for signal strength.
9. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
if there is a snapdragon 810 version with 4GB RAM, then i will definitely get it
if it is only exynos, then i will go to the G4 then, as exynos brings too many headaches in the custom ROM world... Courtesy of it being closed-sourced, unlike Qualcomm.
12. mcaleer1 (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Jul 2014)
Unfortunately they will save the high end chipset for the Note 5 release. I expect UHD screen 3gb ram and SD 610 processor along with a typical 16gb of storage.
16. Micah007 (Posts: 254; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
Evolution that's why. Never going to get better with the drawbacks of QHD unless they continue to try and push the boundaries.
18. EC112987 (Posts: 523; Member since: 10 Nov 2014)
Hey I have a question, I ipdated my note 4 and now it's warmer. Can that be from the update or do you guys think something can be wrong with the phone?
20. EC112987 (Posts: 523; Member since: 10 Nov 2014)
It got warmer while it was updating sorry lol is that normal?
19. DroidMystic (Posts: 83; Member since: 31 Oct 2014)
The upcoming Motorola will come with Snapdragon 810 and 4Gb ram, which is much better than this S6.
39. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
Do you really think that Snapdragon 810 is better? I'll be glad if it can come close to 14 Nm Exynos 7420 with higher clocks and a better GPU.
24. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
well they kept on saying that the S5 will be amazing, but specs weren't that convincing
i will wait for the actual launch and see
Rumors will not stop
32. justaguy (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Nov 2014)
the specs was like all 2014 flagships :/ except the ram but htc one had the same ram
25. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
and i have tried that 'new' themes option of the Touchwiz
wasn't that mind-blowing
i have a bad feeling that the project Zero thing is not that much differing
but let's wait and see ;)
26. Predator1701 (Posts: 108; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
I think this is intentional leaking. I mean every year we have this kind of stuff happening. Obviously the companies want to start hype around their products and this is one way. Relating to specs we are not going to see big spec bumps, IMO how far can they go? 4k is the limit in screens, SoC are getting 64-bit and clock speeds won't go above 3ghz because there is no point for this on smart phones. It's like INTEL and AMD all over again. That's why Apple is not playing the specs game but they do play the performance game, I think they are trying to make their SoC-s to be more like INTEL-s CORE processors and are doing a good job at it.
27. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
3 GHz is f**king insane and i doubt that a human-being needs it :D
34. Predator1701 (Posts: 108; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
Yeah you are absolutely right, I wish they would go for more performace boosts not just market it as Snapdragon 805 is at 2,7 Ghz that means it's better then Tegra K-1 with 2,3 GHz :D We all know the higher the clock speed the more battery life is drained. They should work on other aspects of SoC-s.
28. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 May 2014)
As a Galaxy S5 owner the only thing I would want from Sammy is to redo touchwiz because I can't stand it anymore.Even lollipop lags on S5 due to their touchwiz interface. If S6 will come with the same good old touchwizz I'm gonna look elsewhere for a new device.
36. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
well i would go to an xperia device also but they have a problem with the camera when rooting the device because of the TA partition being wiped, so that means rooting will bring some problems!!
HTC is known for releasing only one phone per year and is easily beaten, when it comes to specs, after months, which means it won't be future-proof, unless HTC surprises us with its upcoming :HTC Hima" (well the name doesn't sound that good for me)
i agree touchwiz is kinda laggy and RAM consuming somehow, but with replacing the TouchWiz with Nova launcher Prime it is awesome and the system is very light. I even hardly find any lags so for me, even if they did not redo the touchwiz, i have no problems buying another Sammy phone, but under the condition that it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor.
Otherwise, LG deserves my money,
(i know S810 is facing some problems, but i mean after the issues in the processor are solved!)
41. Drsarcastic (Posts: 131; Member since: 23 Jul 2014)
It looks fake, it says android 5.0 but the notification bar looks like holo...