Galaxy Nexus may get Android 4.0.5 next month
1. droidmaster (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Nov 2010)
I hope this new upgrade fixes all the issues like 4g dropping to 3g .
2. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Read the unofficial changelog on the post about 4.0.4
3. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Where do you live? In NYC, my GNex has had the best reception of any phone I've previously had on VZW.
5. evperry (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I concur. Best coverage and smoking high speeds for 4g. I get close to 20mps in the city and like 15 in queens and 10 in Long Island. Love it.
4. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
i'm glad rooting is possible cuz i'm starting to doubt the NS4G will even get that update too lol (i know it will get it eventually, it's just taking too long)
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Actually the leaked 4.0.4 was first saw on the NS4G so my guess it won't be long
8. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
that's what i was thinking! but it has been almost 2 months since they released it for the GSM Nexus S's. anyway, it really shouldn't matter to me anymore, seeing as i rooted a week ago and am now enjoying ICS on my NS4G lol
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3075; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lol what happened to the 4.0.3 update? Just going to skip to 4.0.5? Sounds good to me!
9. defectiveandroid (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
THE REAL FACTS ON THE GALAXY NEXUS ARE:
GOOGLE PROVIDE NO SUPPORT ON ITS PRODUCT AND THE SAME GOES TO SAMSUNG.
The following is a list of faults with your Android Software on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus I have encountered to date and others as well such as my friends and also if you do your research on the internet:
• Volume is very low. The latest ICS update 4.0.2 does not fix this issue.
• Accelerometer pulls to the left. It is not aligned.
• Email Exchange does not allow for pin security. Customers need to use third party app such as Touchdown in order to connect to their Exchange Servers. Google/Samsung advertised that I could connect to my work emails EASILY. Actually I cannot at all.http://www.google.com/nexus/# the native mail client does not support SMIME so I really don’t understand how you can advertise that we can connect to corporate emails easily. My guestimate would be about 80% of companies are unable to connect or if not more.
• Android on occasions reboots for no known reason. Even during a call whilst the phone rings.
• Multi touch does not work properly.
• Screen sometimes does not rotate with ease.
• Phone’s battery life is atrocious
• Poor 3G connectivity and in some cases no internet connection at all while in the middle of the city with a mobile tower above me.
GOOGLE AND SAMSUNG YOU ARE PATHETIC. YOU SHOULD BE SUED AND PROVIDE FULL REFUNDS.