Galaxy Nexus benchmarked with possible OMAP4470
1. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
sweet. maybe its the long lost T-Mobile version. :)
here's a question. Are there any sets out there that use that same combination? What does the Razr use? Good chance if that combination is out there, its a heavily modded handset running the wrong model number.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5471; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
The RAZR has the same 4430 that's in the Bionic and the 3 but it's clocked up by 200MHz. I have a theory that Motor updated the drivers with 2.3.6 because the benchmarks show the correct FPS now. oh btw I'm a RAZR owner now. ;]
12. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
how do u like it? everything u hoped? I'm surprised you didn't go with the nexus. what made u go that way?
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5471; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i like it. it's hella beastly. i actually like the auto correction on the stock keyboard, i hardly ever find auto correction useful but I'm really using it on this. the Razr has a better build quality and i like a lot of Motorola's little benefits. have you seen Motor's supposed build of ICS?
15. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea. but after running a pure stock ICS 4.0.3 for so long, i really dont want to go back to skins. It is absolutely no joke that my nearly 2 year old SGS1 is running ICS smooth "like an iphone" and on regular tasks its out performing my DC tablet running honeycomb. there really isnt much from any of the manufacturer skins right now that would entice me off of stock ICS.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5471; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well you need to take a good look at this Razr, it's really fast. i'm back to using GO Launcher myself. i've made a pretty good theme for myself. ^^
2. threeline (Posts: 236; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Please be Sprint's version! They owe us loyal customers a big solid because we have been waiting patiently through the WiMax to LTE transition. I have been do for an upgrade since November but I'm waiting on a monster phone that will compete for the next 22 months since Sprint canned the annual upgrade program. Plus they never got 4G in my area off the ground so basically have a Samsung Epic 3G!
3. Twitch016 (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
I would love to see a "Galaxy Nexus Pro" or "Elite" model - I'm on track for an August update and would love a more future-proofed CPU, GPU, and camera with the Nexus purity. I could deal with 2 Nexuses a year since they serve as benchmarks, not adding to phone clutter in my opinion. Then again, if the only Androids were the Nexus line, I'd be happy that way too. I'm biased that way.
4. handicrapguy (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
The top device has a better gpu yet slower cpu, seems a bit weird.
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2604; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The top device is the only one that hasn't been rooted and overclocked. The Nexus normally has a 1.2 GHz processor, the others have been overclocked to 1.4
8. MNX1024 (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Honestly, I would be thoroughly pissed if they release a slight update of the Galaxy Nexus, more so if they do it soon. It's like a kick in the *enter whatever you want* to early adopters.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I was expecting top of the line cpu and gpu from this latest gNex...but google couldn't do it...anyway...I am happy with my sgs2 and its exynos cpu for now...will wait for sgs3!
9. jove39 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hmmm...SGX544 will perform quite better than generation old SGX540...hopefully...gNex owners can keep live wallpapers on...without stuttering.
See anandtech post-http://www.anandtech.com/show/
10. torr310 (Posts: 288; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Please also update with a Non-Pentile screen.
14. k1ng617 (Posts: 229; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I just ran a 44.2 on my stock frequency Galaxy Note. 38.9 is unimpressive...
18. RandomlyPsychotic (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
imma be mad if it's a new model. i paid $700 for my phone!
19. datsyuk (Posts: 146; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Ridiculous. Should of came this way when it went to Verizon to begin with. Well that's what the Galaxy S3 is for (praying it comes to Verizon).
20. Noray402 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I have three ideas on what it "COULD" be
1. Sprint's model which i doubt highly
2. Att's Model, why? Because awhile ago Att did a little survey to its customer about if they would like the G.N onboard,also FCC passed bands for a G.N quite a time ago as well.
3. G.N 2.0 just like the Razor Maxx for Verizon
But for me hoping its the Att model need to get rid of this Captivate!
Also 8mp or 12mp camera and a new body material woulod be a nice touch. :)