Facebook Messenger for Android to get a Material Design revamp
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I like the iOS Messenger app. Granted I haven't updated it since September but it works flawlessly. Haven't used the app on Android in awhile so idk how it performs.
6. vincelongman (Posts: 4164; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The Android Messenger app is great IMO
Performance is always smooth
Chat heads are so handy (they also inspired other apps like link bubble and Flynx)
My only complaints would be no attempt at material design (until now) and no auto night mode or dark theme
5. vincelongman (Posts: 4164; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
They've had this in screenshots for ages
7. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
It will still suck 10% battery overnight in background. What a trash app.
12. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
That's why I mostly browse facebook on their web site, not the app.
8. Unordinary (Posts: 1285; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Why does the general public still allow such garbage apps (Messenger & FB) on their phone? Battery drain on Android and iOS are horrendously bad and tremendously disgusting. Take these two or either off your phone and you'll notice the difference day and night. I'm surprised Apple let's this company allow such battery drain when Apple knows FB takes advantage of code exploit to workaround restrictions. When background app refresh is turned off in iOS, there should be no reason there is 5hours of drain when the device is asleep. Again, surprised Apple let's this slide. Let's not forget their sh*tty undescriptive app update dialogue in Google Play and the App Store: "bug fixes and other changes". F*ck FB and Messenger apps. The mobile FB page is flawless; heck even better than the app itself.
/public rant over
9. kambuto (Posts: 65; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Material design? Really, Facebook and Google? This is soo 2000 and late...oh, dear.
11. submar (Posts: 417; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
they should make it completely material
and the update look awful
13. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
I'm no Material Design fan, so don't care...