Elop: New Lumia device is anticipated to have hero status with a leading US carrier
"Later this quarter a new Lumia device is anticipated to have hero status with a leading US carrier."
The Lumia 928 is expected to be a strong alternative to Nokia's current flagship, the 920, which is exclusively available from AT&T in the States. It is currently believed that the new handset will be equipped with a sizable 4.5" OLED screen and a dual-core Snapdragon processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, but all of that is yet to be confirmed.
In addition, Elop mentioned that the "hero" Lumia will mark the beginning of what's going to be a whole season of new product introductions. The company has been quite secretive lately, so we'll have to wait some more before we get any substantial information regarding its future endeavors.
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5986; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am wondering how the 'hero' status occurs. What does it save the carrier from? I am not being snarky. Elop's choice of the word hero caused me to wonder what would be conferring hero status.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3081; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Don't know about the carriers and stuff, but every CEO, one or the other, talks 'hero' of their flagships.
Not trying to justify Elop's words...i agree the hero word is kind of strong. Somehow, the 928 is an alternative to the 920...so, i don't know. Maybe he's talking of something else?
13. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
"Hero" status implies it has the carrier's attention and focus with marketing and prodict-placement in advertising and in-store, and usually the sales staff are outfitted with them, much like the iphones of yesteryear or the Lumia 920 when it was fresh for AT&T, or the original EVO for sprint, or the droid line for verizon
3. Cecilia (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
I think the new 928 looks ugly
HTC 8X look better.
6. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Said no one ever.
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3081; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't think it's about looks anymore...it's bout performance. The 8X doesn't have anything particular to offer except for the looks.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They both look nice if it were aluminium
5. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Umm, I think that hero would be NOKIA EOS ;)
9. pookiewood (Posts: 629; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Bring it on Nokia! Especially a 7-8" tablet.
10. sergiobr (Posts: 470; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Poor Nokia users ! Waste their money in Nokia 920 with WP.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9502; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I hope you do know that people do prefer other OS's other than Android and iOS. Just letting you know in case you didn't.
16. akki20892 (Posts: 3742; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i like your profile pic dude.....looks good
12. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
@Troll, you devil you. Its the first time I've seen you say something close to positive!
@sergiobr how do you feel sorry for me/us? I love my L920. It does everything I need to do for my daily everyday life beautifully and with ease. Therefore I do not need your pity nor did i waste my money.
@Droid_x_Doug, I'd give you a thumb down but I can't.