Duckface! MeituKiss HD sports two 8 MP cameras by Sony
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
8MP Front camera?? FUUUU...........
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Knowing those China and Taiwanese girls, you know, cute duckface profile pic in Facebook = 20,000 followers and 3000 friends average. I'd like to one-night-stand at least one of them. =P
2. CaptainXperia (Posts: 14; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
nice device......especially for women...
3. joesseth (Posts: 61; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I will throw away my S4 , buy this m*therf*ckin phone and take Duckface photos all day! And post it in FB, of course.
4. tomn1ce (Posts: 112; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
How is it that the top OEMs can't go beyond the 2.1MP front facing camera and a small company has 5+MP on the front facing camera! o_0
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Because front facing cams are used for video calls and maybe as a mirror only? Videos mean maximum 1080p; 2 Megapixel is already roughly 1600 X 1200. 4K videos are around 38XX X 2160 (which is still less than 5 Megapixels).
So there is no need for more than 3MP (or 5MP, if you think video calling with 4K quality is possible in 3 years' time) for a front cam. It only increases the cost.
7. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I thought mostly we use front cam for taking piture of me....
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3341; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Imagine how quickly people would blow through their data allotments doing video calls with an 8MP snapper with its settings maxed out. It would only take a few minutes to blow through a GB. No need for all that unless the whatever program you're using limits the settings.
9. McLTE (Posts: 745; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I wonder how many people actually use their front facing cameras. I've had at least 2 smart phones with them and I can't ever remember having a video chat. Tried taking the profile mugshot, but the front facing camera is very awkard to use. I could see it being helpful for make up and the like though.
if they disappeared off of phones, I'm not sure I'd miss them.
Thought maybe my upcoming trip overseas will change my opinion - a way to communicate back home.