Chart compares smartphone screen-to-body size ratios, Samsung Galaxy Note holds the top spot
1. Tjey007 posted on 22 May 2012, 07:46 8 0
man !!! GS3 always holds the first or second (barely) position of all benchmark or ranking list as far as i have seen...cant wait to get my hands on it.
2. Captain_Doug posted on 22 May 2012, 07:50 0 0
I wanna see the where the huawei ascend d quad xl stands. That phone will score super high.
3. sorcio46 posted on 22 May 2012, 07:52 5 0
The best balanced hybrid smartphone with a score of 7/10 on this website, please rewiew it decently !
16. 1ceTr0n posted on 22 May 2012, 14:27 0 0
I agree, redo the review when ICS launches. FYI, the international version got a 7/10, the AT&T got a 8/10
4. Franc posted on 22 May 2012, 08:08 7 1
Panasonic ELUGA POWER wins in my table (72,29%)
Huawei Ascend D Quad XL is not bad too (67,83%)
HTC TITAN (66,39%)
Samsung NOTE (66,34%)
HTC ONE X (65,42%)
HTC HD2 (64,93%)
Samsung Galaxy NEXUS (64,60%)
HTC HD7 (63,45%)
HTC Desire HD (62,94%)
5. Captain_Doug posted on 22 May 2012, 08:20 3 1
Thanks Franc. Out of curiosity could you measure out the HTC zeta as well. Definitely a rumored phone but very intriguing.
13. Captain_Doug posted on 22 May 2012, 10:35 2 0
I don't understand why that needs a thumbs down... Crazy people.
20. hgr79 posted on 22 May 2012, 19:04 0 0
Pantech Vega Racer 2: 69,63%.
Anyhow, HTC Zeta is like no other, hope finally rise up...
6. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 22 May 2012, 08:29 0 0
What does this advantage to the user??
7. Captain_Doug posted on 22 May 2012, 08:35 0 0
Can you not tell? If you have a device that's 5"x2.5" and the screen is 3", that's a lot of wasted space. The more efficient the device the less unnecessary bulk you need to lug around.
9. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 22 May 2012, 08:48 2 0
I saw xperia sx has wider bezel... but again from graph it surpass oneS where less bezel... which means it almost irrelevant and conflict to the customer. Wastage sometime mean to leave some space to user when using two hand for gaming and avoid the touchscreen get dirty...
11. Captain_Doug posted on 22 May 2012, 10:33 0 0
? How do you hold a phone when you game? I don't understand how having a bezel has anything to do with fingerprints. And the side bezel isn't the only only thing taken into account. The top and bottom are also bezels which is why the iPhone scores so low. Anyway, you're kinda talking nonsense and making me think I fell into a troll trap. I'm done here.
10. Jeradiah3 posted on 22 May 2012, 08:53 3 0
it depends on how tall you are and what you want your phone to do!! Im 6'7" 240lbs athlete so the S3 would be too small for me The note is perfect because of not only screen size, but its performance is definitely better than the Streak lol. The S3 could be the best phone for the average American. Only time will tell if that is true, but im not average so the Note is the best phone for me
12. Captain_Doug posted on 22 May 2012, 10:34 3 0
The Samsung galaxy tab 7.7 has calling capabilities. If you were really looking for a good fit, that might do it. ;D
18. 1ceTr0n posted on 22 May 2012, 14:29 0 0
Uh, no it doesn't.
17. 1ceTr0n posted on 22 May 2012, 14:28 0 0
Depends how much you want the new features of the S3 and newer tech vs the larger screen relestate along with the S-pen features of the Note.
Try em both out in the store and then decide would be best way to decide
14. Leo_MC posted on 22 May 2012, 13:48 0 0
iPad is over 70%.
Which means: the bigger the device, the bigger the percentage.
15. 1ceTr0n posted on 22 May 2012, 14:25 2 0
I left Verizon for the Note alone last month. Payed early term fee and gave up my unlimited data but it was so worth it. I'm on this thing constantly