BlackBerry 10 browser beats iOS 6 and Windows Phone 8 in rendering speed
These latest tests of the browser on a BB10 prototype show rendering speeds and are very impressive. Gadget Masters got their hands on a Dev Alpha B smartphone running BB10 and fared it against the iPhone 5’s Mobile Safari browser on iOS 6 and an HTC Windows Phone 8X with Windows Phone 8’s Internet Explorer.
We could safely say that BlackBerry 10 beats both. Take a look below.
source: Gadget Masters
1. apexKBC (Posts: 92; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
BB10 is really goooood!!!!!!!!!
dont underestimate it.
8. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1158; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
if the browser performance is someething to judge the overall performance of BB10...tehn yes it seems like a real winner.
but the interface is real bad...one home screen looks like ios and the other homescreen looks like live tiles/ android widgets kind of thing. moreover see the interface of the browser, button placements in the app it all seems too android but hey who know...diversity is always good maybe BB10 will surprise us!
14. adelta90 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
well, internet and browser performance in any bb has always been its selling point right?
19. aaronkatrini (Posts: 240; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Its allways been about apps. First to get that was Apple and went huge... and than the same with Android!
39. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
That boring dude talking in the video literally made my headache bigger
56. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1158; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
true but not anymore as all smartphones have become mobile computers with good to great browsing performances, mobile phones have become cameras, recorders, music players and more!
if bb wants to succeed they have to come up in all departments only internet wont cut it anymore.
in the past bb were one of the exclusive ffering internet browsing like desktops and computing and encryptions...now everyone offers it...not to mention bb will have to endure the gigantic market squeeze of iOS and android and compete with the cash of MS in advertising.
The only way BB can win is of they rise to the occasion in all deppartments...well they've got encryption and browsing going for them so thats two areas covered :) but its still to early to tell
23. cripton805 (Posts: 1161; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
The first thing that irritates me about your post is the widget thing. Widgets/App looking thing was around LONG before Android and iOS. Even the much older Blackberrys used the same looking icons on their OS. Even PALM used those kind of icons and older Windows phones. People really need to educate themselves on this kind of stuff and quit spreading lies.
There is one main home screen doesn't look like Windows live tiles because Windows uses a bunch of different sized squares and throws them together. You also swipe up and down, not left to right. Blackberry uses squares that are the same size "not a bunch of random sizes" and they're organized, not thrown around. Squares that display info has also been in the market for a long time. In this case, it doesn't even have the same layout as Windows...
42. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
they are justr jealous bitches that dont have a life!! very uneducated!
just comment and judging without making some research!
51. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Once upon a time, A teenager was walking on the beach and he took a photo of himself without pants
it's quite funny isn't it?
40. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
"but the interface is real bad...one home screen looks like ios and the other homescreen looks like live tiles/ android widgets kind of thing. "
i completely disagree and also laugh!!!
some apple fans wants to make a major overhaul on its UI to support wigets/livetiles like android and windows phone is!
some people dont prefer android coz its hard for some people to get to know android for the first time coz of a lot of costumization(not a bad thing but a lot just want it simple!)
and i believe BB10 just give the best of both worlds!!! the one home screen on the iOS and the widget/livetiles of android/WP!!
isnt it great?!
and please stop being so negative!!! i like the interface a lot!!
55. desijatt (Posts: 58; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Yeahhh.....these blackberry10 phones looks sexy.......
57. stychill (unregistered)
they do actually
2. Grayghost (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Who really cares! Are you going to go by a blackberry? Talk about taking a step backwards!!!
21. NotaFanBoy (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I won't "by" one but I might "buy" one. Give it a chance, it actually doesn't look bad and browsing on the go is growing every year. So this could benefit the heavy web browsing consumer depending on how stable the OS is.
35. wendygarett (unregistered)
Did we point the gun to you to buy this and throw away your current device??
36. tonygoz (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i am going to buy one, either ways iv used devices on all platforms and id gladly give bb10 a chance, hope u don't buy one when u change ur mind 0.0
43. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i dont" "by" things, i "buy" things!!
jealous retarded cunt!
are you really threaten that BB10 will take off?!
coz as far as i know people will be negative if they feel threaten!
give it a chance and shut up!
50. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
oh really? Junfe al mark?
not surprising you act like a teenager
58. stychill (unregistered)
if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't call it a step backwards BB10 launches the 30th of next month, the future of blackberry is what matters, not the past.
3. T.Shaper (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I don't know who recorded these reviews, but for the love of all things good and holy, CUT YOUR DISGUSTING FREAKING FINGERNAILS!!!!! That's probably how he cut his hand in the first place!!
4. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I think this Dev device runs either TI OMAP 4470 or the new TI OMAP A-15 processor with 1gb of ram.
No matter how fast the software optimization is, the hardware must be a beast also to take on iPhone
16. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think the new BlackBerry phones use Snapdragons
59. stychill (unregistered)
i think not, unless they updated the specs. whats been leaked before for the upcoming model is what the post above you says, dual core
5. Johnnokia (Posts: 708; Member since: 27 May 2012)
You had to choose Lumia 920 instead of HTC as a Windows phone representative.
11. gazmatic (Posts: 629; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
you got it backwards....
they chose the "signature" windows phone
instead of the BEST windows phone
44. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its because ballmer dont want nokia to be the only choice of WP thats why they push HTC so hard!
just like on android, samsung is the only choice that people know, even though sony phones are way bettery looking!!
9. true1984 (Posts: 686; Member since: 23 May 2012)
good question considering thats the only one that wasnt shown
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 1901; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Only if you know how to read benchmarks.
18. MetroPhase (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
I think it only displayed viable options for businesses; probably why android was eliminated.
29. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I think it's weird that they didn't include the largest platform in their comparison.
37. tonygoz (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
they just couldn't have unstable robots running loose.. no offense but android is a Chernobyl in waiting
7. smallworld (Posts: 455; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Still not impressed but I would take this anyday over WP.
41. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh me too.
Best of luck to BB!
They seem to aim the sweet spot between closed system cohesion and abundance of customization/features
47. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
yeah... it is actually a unix-like..so its a close source but with the beauty of open source!!
all i could say BB10 has the formula of Best of Both Worlds!
13. imkyle (Posts: 1049; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
The guy narrorating deserves to be punched square in the face because he is not prepared.
15. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Learn Nokia. If you don't wanna go to android then reboot symbian or meego.
20. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
it is really really wierd but my Galaxy Note 10.1 on HTML5test.com gets a score of 448 and 3 bonus points.. its higher than Nexus 10 and even iPad 4!!!
does any one here has Note 10.1? what score do u get?
32. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
432 points with the stock browser by Samsung. energyefficient mode is on.Firefox is worse, ands a score is lower. Sadly, I like Firefox on my galaxy note.
22. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
In other words I should be believe my lying eyes in the "HTML5" test even though the Windows phone brought it up faster? Hmm... I'll have to ponder that one.
46. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
no one said that BB10 will be on top of android!!!
are you really jealous that BB10 will take off?!
coz again, only people who feel threaten will be really negative towards another that wants to take off!!
25. downphoenix (Posts: 2743; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Not too surprised, the BB10 browser has been doing awesome overall. I even remember it was beating some desktop browsers in HTML5 tests, not just mobile browsers. I am interested as to why they didnt compare it to an android, like a Galaxy S3 or similar.
26. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
This is extremely pathetic. BB10 does open webpages faster, but I would rather wait for 0.5 seconds and have better smoothness when browsing. For example, look at the first webpage loaded on the BlackBerry device, the animation of the picture of the articles changing is so laggy (as you can see in the video vs iPhone) but WP8 looks extremely smooth and iPhone looks a bit less smoother but still far better than BB. Also, my Note II scores 488 with Dolphin Browser in the html test, so the important tasks are done better by both iOS and WP8...
28. theBankRobber (Posts: 653; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
This is about main default browsers, Dolphin Browser is a secondary app. Still none the case blackberry articles still bring out alot of android users hating on BB10. Now that's pathetic
60. stychill (unregistered)
thats not even release grade software for bb10
27. FoxDavis (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
He needs to cut his freakin nails... Yuck dude
30. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Who cares! Wayyyyyyyy too late in the game... Blackberry 10 will be Dead On Arrival...
33. theBankRobber (Posts: 653; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
They still have 80,000,000 active users, dead on arrival is far from the truth.
34. sniper1087 (Posts: 451; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Hmm on the iphone video the website didnt finish loading on the bb10 device look at the loading bar at the bottom, the iphone definitely finished first.
38. motty (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
But on iphone vs bb: on the 2nd and 3rd slide, Iphone load first
49. ftyler223 (Posts: 140; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
BlackBerry10 is just ugly.....this is the biggest thing. If your going to carry something around for 2yrs don't you want it to be nice to look at? BlackBerry is over.give it up this is going to be a fail when it launches. HTC needs to come back.
61. stychill (unregistered)
the software is ugly?
53. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
you could have cleared the cookies from BB10 before comparing it with WP8 ...
just an assumption.....
First time you open any webpage it open's bit slowly....
second time if u open the same webpage with the same device it open's bit faster ....