Best Buy's release date for the Motorola DROID 3 is set for July 13?
At this point, we’ve seen and absorbed a good amount of leaks regarding the Motorola DROID 3, but the latest one gives us the delightful news that it’ll be arriving right at mid-summer. Looking at the leaked shot of Best Buy’s internal system, it shows that the big box retailer is positioned to have stock of the handset by July 13th, which happens to be a Thursday. With less than a month away, it should give most people an adequate amount of time to think about whether or not they should pick something else instead.
source: Droid Attic via Engadget
1. skymitch89 posted on 24 Jun 2011, 14:25 0 3
In-stock date and release date could be two totally different dates. Best Buy might get it in stock on 7/13, but the device might not be released until like 7/20 or even 7/31.
2. narley posted on 24 Jun 2011, 16:25 3 3
Yay another MotoBlur phone that will constantly power cycle and shut down!
4. Sniggly posted on 24 Jun 2011, 16:48 4 1
Neither of my MOTOBLUR phones have that issue.
Sorry if you've had a bad experience in the past, but you're ill informed.
5. derp (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 17:12 1 6
no actually hes 100% correct. motorola couldnt build a good phone if their business depended on it. oh wait...it does depend on it.
7. cposey posted on 24 Jun 2011, 18:52 0 5
uhh......Wait, uhhh.....yeah. def...def...definately cant build a good phone...Definately cant build good.
14. mr. droid posted on 25 Jun 2011, 10:37 0 2
My droid x2 has started doing that in the last 24 hours. i was sitting here on the computer and watching TV and all of a sudden i hear my phone make the "DROID" sound and it was starting itself back up again.
This will be my last moto phone. I am already done with samsung. LG kind of struck out on the revolution because the battery life is so bad, so it seems to me that only HTC can get it right.
3. Thump3rDX17 posted on 24 Jun 2011, 16:42 1 1
hopefully Verizon will have it available sooner, there's still that July 7th launch rumor after all. o:
6. nb2six posted on 24 Jun 2011, 18:21 0 2
This date makes for a very possible release date. It's a week after the new price plans take place and what better a way for VZW to get new customers on the tiered data than with a excellent device from Moto.
8. pingplayer01 (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 19:42 0 0
My Verizon store is launching it on the 7th. We already have them in stock and will be releasing them then.
15. mr. droid posted on 25 Jun 2011, 10:39 0 0
No he is not. I can confirm that. The verizon warehouses have them sitting already.
22. Thump3rDX17 posted on 25 Jun 2011, 13:39 0 0
yeah, i can believe the warehouses have them but not the stores. Verizon usually doesn't receive their full stock of a new phone until like a day or two before the launch.
27. pingplayer01 (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2011, 17:56 0 0
I have four sitting in our safe in the back room with all the other phones. God I hope my boss doesn't see this post cause I'll get fired lol
10. Me (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 23:48 0 0
My Droid2 R2D2 doesn't have motoblur and it's shut itself off before amongst other glitches. So don't blame that. I will give the Droid 3 a shot simply for the better keyboard.
12. AndroidTroll posted on 25 Jun 2011, 09:01 1 1
No LTE = FAIL. Verizon is a bastard about not giving you dual core and LTE. It's either or right now. I am glad that I have an EVO 3D ftw!!
17. ChrisTheTechGuy posted on 25 Jun 2011, 10:44 2 0
LTE and dual core haven't been playing together nicely....hence the kibosh on the bionic
18. mr. droid posted on 25 Jun 2011, 10:50 0 3
We have been told at work (vzw retailer) that the bionic has been scrapped and that there is currently no development on any dual core and 4G LTE phones being even considered at this time
23. Thump3rDX17 posted on 25 Jun 2011, 13:41 0 0
that's not Motorola said, you've probably been misinformed.
25. AndroidTroll posted on 25 Jun 2011, 14:51 0 3
You are wrong. You probably have never even been graced by it's presence. It's Godlike. Best phone to date. And 3D is not a gimmick. It's actually really cool and it would be hard for me to go back to a phone without the ability to shoot 3D pics and vids.
26. Thump3rDX17 posted on 25 Jun 2011, 16:43 0 0
i've seen a Sensation and i've seen a 3DS, what am i missing here? too bad you can't look at the benchmarks and think the same thing huh? i give you a couple of weeks to keep caring about those features.
29. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 25 Jun 2011, 18:48 3 0
I do own a 3DS and guess what? I always have 3D turned off lol...
Honestly, it turns my eyes and it's really annoying trying to hold the device right so you can actually see the 3D.
30. Thump3rDX17 posted on 26 Jun 2011, 14:26 0 0
yeah, it doesn't add enough to the experience enough for me to justify the tedious angling and the headaches. it's really just a gimmick at this point.
28. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 25 Jun 2011, 18:46 2 0
Are you being serious? You couldn't go back to non 3D phones?
Honestly, I have seen multiple reviews and other hands on with the EVO 3D and Sensation. They all agree they are decent phones but most of them admit that the phones don't seem "dual core" fast. Because the new Sense hogs so much memory it slows down the phone big time. That's why you'll never officially see The Thunderbolt, EVO, or any other HTC Sense phone without a dual core processor have Sense 3.0.
I have seen comparisons of the HTC EVO 3D and the Galaxy S2, the GS2 is much smoother and faster when it comes to web browsing. Not saying the 3D isn't fast, but right now nothing compares to the GS2 when it comes to speed. It's literally lag free.
I would buy an EVO over the 3D any day. Because the EVO is still a great phone and Best Buy and other third party retailers are offering it for FREE. So that is one good thing about the EVO 3D.
31. Thump3rDX17 posted on 26 Jun 2011, 14:29 0 0
those are my thoughts exactly.
32. AndroidTroll posted on 28 Jun 2011, 11:25 0 0
I like Sense 3.0 because it has so many nice features. True, it's not as fast as the SGSII but I would rather have the features and sacrifice a bit of speed than use s**tty Touch Wiz. These are my thoughts exactly.
33. Thump3rDX17 posted on 28 Jun 2011, 14:54 0 0
i can get alternatives to any feature HTC has with Sense 3, the only thing that REALLY matters with the interface is presentation and Samsung has that over HTC with TW4 i'll say.
13. zazen (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2011, 09:14 1 1
can't someone go to China and get specs/review from the phone over there?
16. mr. droid posted on 25 Jun 2011, 10:41 0 1
its just a phone! who the hell cares! nobody in their right mind would go all the way there over a lousy phone. a phone is a phone. the only difference is what they look like on the outside, pictures are all we need.
19. agamhonda (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2011, 11:47 0 2
HTC is the only way to go!!! A true smartphone!!!
20. hitdog042 posted on 25 Jun 2011, 12:12 0 0
Apparently mr Droid hasn't seen the pathetic HTC Thunder Bolt battery.
21. hitdog042 posted on 25 Jun 2011, 12:13 0 0
Mr Droid: if you don't pay attn to specs get a razr. Buffoon.