Apple talking Turkey: $4 billion Apple iPad deal coming?
In the first phase of the deal, the country would purchase 10.6 million slates with another 2 to 2.5 million iPads arriving shortly afterwards. The entire program would run over 4 years and cost the country $3 billion to $4 billion U.S. Dollars.
While in Turkey, there is speculation that Cook will also visit the first Apple Store in the country. Located at Istanbul's Zorlu Center, the store is inside an all-glass cube, similar to the Apple Store on New York's tony Fifth Avenue. The store offers 21,500 feet of retailing space, and gives Apple a brick and mortar presence in the country to go along with the online Apple Store it opened in October.
source: emlakkulisi.com (translated) via AppleInsider
1. apple4never (Posts: 1043; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i think the reason apple is still a float is for 2 reasons, fan base and the fact that they can make deals like this
3. iskunder (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
your right it couldn't possibly be any other reason.
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1606; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Great products, high satisfaction, strong brand and good reputation. Also if you ask non-techgeek which phone/tablet you want most in the world answer is most likely iPhone/iPad. But Apple ain't perfect. Pricing and only couple of models and small phone screens are limiting Apple sales.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 15646; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Tell em one more time bro, maybe then he'll understand.
25. The_Innovation (Posts: 597; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
You do realize if they made bad products, there wouldn't be a "fanbase" as you call it, right? The fanbase is stable, and in fact keeps growing. That means what they do is working, and they have happy cutsomers. You Android users are the BIGGEST fan boys of all, and you keep talking down on Apple owners. You somehow become irritated that Apple owners are using Apple products. Why, do you care? You do realize that no iPhone user cares or even thinks about "modding" his phone and customizing every single detail. The phone is quality built, easy to use, elegeant looking, and stable. So the reason Apple is a float, and will always be a float, is because people love their products. They are the richest corp in the world, a single sentence by you doesn't define their success. Get over it.
By the way, I wrote this on my MacBook PRO.
2. ZeroCide (Posts: 722; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Thats dumb with soooooo many better tablets out there. Poor turkey!
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1606; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
iPad is still the best all-round tablet with Nexus 7.
9. rf1975 (Posts: 253; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Actually better than Nexus 7. I had a Nexus 7 LTE (2013).
Sold after using for one month. 7 inch is so small for a tablet.
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1606; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Well, screen size divides people. Btw don't ever change that profile picture, it's awesome.
22. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
+1 hands down the best on the market
4. artman5x5 (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
"In the first phase of the deal, the country would purchase 10.6 billion slates" There aren't that many people in the world, can you say typo!
8. nexusdude (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
If Alan didn't make a typo the deal is pretty sweet: 40 cents per slate.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 15646; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Turkey, you are about to have the best...enjoy it.
13. jibraihimi (Posts: 714; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
10.6 billion ipads, I don't think even world has so much population......... Or I think Turkey is planning to distribute these ipads to every country of world, then it will be such a nice Christmas gift, for everyone........ What do you say Alan...???
14. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
Im from Turkey and project's name is Fatih not faith.... deal is good but its bad that Im graduated :D also , even now there is people in line in front of apple store... P.S : iPhone 5s priced $1000
16. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Yeah I am from Turkey too, but I have never heard about the IPads (I am sure it was Asus Transformer some of my friends have it)
18. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
never heard ? its interesting bcuz it was on news
20. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
When he was saying IPad he meant tablet in generally
24. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I dont remember when but they said they were decided to deal with apple.
26. Tamer81 (Posts: 33; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
I hope they will eventually go for something more usefull in schools like windows tablets. Students need Office packages not 'Plants vs Zombies' which by the way I was just playing!
21. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
ipads have the exact opposite problem as android tablets. ipads have a great ecosystem and they are that much better when you dive into apps cuz they they are highly customized for the large display. Android tablets win on the customization and widgets but have awful apps that aren't customized for the large display.
23. BattleBrat (Posts: 1272; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Android tablets also win because they can interact with other devices better than an IPad, and Android by its open nature is more flexible and versatile. Android tablets make a lot better laptop replacements for the slightly more demanding user.