Apple site confirms iPhone 5 name (and LTE support) prior to announcement
The search goof was first found by 9to5Mac, who, we guess, are currently hitting the F5 button of their browsers every 10 seconds. Anyways, the search result has actually found the 'iPhone 5' name as part of a link to the announcement press release, which currently leads nowhere.
Additionally, using the same hi-tech method, 9to5Mac has also found evidence of the new iPod touch and iPod nano, but again, no other information is currently available. We only know that they are coming!
Well, so much for the 'new iPhone' theory, for now at least. The best thing is that all will be come clear in just a few hours. Stay tuned to PhoneArena, as we'll have a lot of interesting coverage for you!
UPDATE: Using the same method, it was also confirmed that the new iPhone 5 will feature LTE. Of course, the page itself is still unavailable, but at least we now know that it's only a matter of hours until it's officially official. Check it out here.
22. neutralguy posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:32 15 1
26. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:33 2 2
Nice Killer Instinct! You are the man! lol
45. good2great posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:28 1 1
57. MobileCaseReview posted on 12 Sep 2012, 11:46 1 0
TJ Combo, Glacius, and Sabrewulf were my go to guys lol
43. TROLL posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:25 0 0
no wonder there's no apple users or fans in here commenting?
48. darkkjedii posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:38 2 6
Apple fans let the droiders do all the commenting. We just enjoy using a great device.
11. No_Nonsense posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:22 7 0
Magical, revolutionary and highly-innovative (the phone) and sarcastic (me)
18. PhoneArenaUser posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:29 4 0
It would be ground breaking when iPhone would be banned by Samsung or Google in one or other way instantly after release. :D
36. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:19 0 0
More like earth-shattering, 'cause the lawsuit would have to have been filed when there was no official word about the device, Further, the trial would have had toave been held, jury decision reached against Apple, and the judge would have issued a sales ban order. The only way this could happen is if it happened in a parallel universe that was slightly out of sync with the universe we are in. And when the two universes came into contact with each other, the earth shattered (matter-anti-matter thang)....
Sounds like a story line for a movie, eh? Maybe an indie release using iMovie?
39. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:22 0 0
Edit - to have (instead of toave). PA you need to not lock up edits so quickly....
49. darkkjedii posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:39 0 0
Good one Doug lol
34. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:11 0 0
I guess people complained about the change in the naming of the iPad (from iPad# to New iPad), and so the iPhone# convention was retained.
41. TROLL posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:23 0 0
What a big joke, i believe they will call it the new iPhone....
10. Das70 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:22 1 1
That was the point. it was a tongue in cheek write up.
47. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:35 2 0
Que in HTC and SAMSUNG time for the useless apple to get banned. Yes being late to the 4G party years later means that you can pay a price. Piss on Apple and it's users...
54. gallitoking posted on 12 Sep 2012, 11:06 0 2
you will be mad for years..
56. TROLL posted on 12 Sep 2012, 11:19 0 0
galli you didn't answer his question.
58. gallitoking posted on 12 Sep 2012, 11:50 0 1
what question ?? he wants Apple to vanish and he will be happy..
55. TROLL posted on 12 Sep 2012, 11:18 0 0
lmfao that was really funny, poor Apple fans.
4. rusticguy posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:18 6 0
Dad to be 5 .... 2012 == 2+0+1+2 =5 .. c'mon it doesnt take a PhD to guess this so from here on the number system which was broke is fixed ... 2013 will be 6 and so on :)
42. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:24 1 0
If Steve were still alive, you would get a shout-out from him at the announcement. Unfortunately Timmy isn't into that kind of esoterica.
9. parvsingh05 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:22 6 13
100 % android fans will talk about it , tonight. they love apple.
thumb me down if u agree.
19. shadowcell posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:29 1 1
I see what you did there....
13. som posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:25 0 1
Today is Apple day buy the fruit and eat it not iPhone 5 release date will be October so don't waste time.
15. MelvinPainter posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:27 1 0
Maybe there will be a removable battery and a memory expansion slot.
25. rusticguy posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:33 0 0
Don't think so. If they have come up with "Lighteneing" to draw cash out of pocket of end users they wouldn't make loss by doing this. They are cash hungry ...
16. redsox420 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:28 4 3
Big Fruity's theme song, stolen of course from The Who and its iconic hit "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Big Fruitys take: Meet the new iPhoney, same as the old iPhoney.. No you won't get fooled again.. NO NO.. You won't get fooled again... Except the fantwinks...
Big fruity can't innovate so they'd rather litigate. Enjoy your 4 inches of massive screen. I am sure NO manufacturer has NEVER offered a 4 inch screen before, let alone one housed in a rectangle with rounded corners. LMAO WOW 5 rows of icons.. HMM love the fact big fruity CONTROLS your phones, your content. Read the user agreement. Its NOT your media you buy, its Big Fruitys! You just use it!
24. bucky posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:32 0 2
You need a job. Seems you have too much time on your hands paying attention to articles you don't care about
31. redsox420 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:58 1 0
I have a job busting balls of people like you fantwinks.. You need a job. I have a great one, its called being a FATHER!
46. TROLL posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:29 0 0
And you do... is that all you can say? you didn't answer his question! Well how can you, you've got nothing to say.
40. teerex42 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:22 1 0
Yeah oh yeah real innovative HAHA what a joke, over priced tiny crap iphone...it's an ipod boooooring!!!!!
23. kabukijoe posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:32 2 0
I'm kind of surprised that they're including LTE, knowing Apple's business tactics I would have assumed that they would have conveniently excluded LTE from this model only to add it to next years and call it the iPhone 5S so that everyone would go buy it again.
29. shuaibhere posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:42 1 0
Only the name is iphone 5...but actually it's iphone 4s+......
30. NAHEK posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:45 1 0
"The search goof was first found by 9to5Mac, who, we guess, are currently hitting the F5 button of their browsers every 10 seconds." Lol'd.
32. eman99 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:01 1 0
another device with low end specs try to play catch up
37. teerex42 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:20 0 0
Who cares!!! iboooring!!!! Ya aint going to revolutionize s**t!!!
Ur behind android now, get use to it!!
50. Nathan_ingx posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:42 0 0
iT shatters everything...even your mouths!!! Number 5 iS the real deal folks! Nothing is coming after this!! :P
First time i'm seeing Ray giving in to a sarcastic joke! :D
51. FranksGT posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:50 0 0
Congrats Apple you did it again. I love telling people my phone has everything the Iphoine 4 does but its called the iphone 5
59. downphoenix posted on 12 Sep 2012, 11:53 0 0
Besides the Iphone 5, that picture also confirms a sequel to Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married!