Apple iPhone 6 with 5" 1080p display and ultra narrow bezel could arrive next September
21 November Apple testing iPhone 6 with larger, 4.9-inch display, 5c successor also to come with bigger screen
20 November Analysts think the iPhone 6 could be priced higher
30 October Apple iPhone 6 with 5" 1080p display and ultra narrow bezel could arrive next September
11 October More analysts expect to see the iPhone 6 display "approach 5-inches"
7 October Apple iPhone 6 might arrive with a bigger, 4.8" display
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 377; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
These are the same people who said there would be multiple screen sizes in the iPhone line up. From 4Inchs to 4.3, 4.5. The same who said the iPhone would have a 13mp camera. The same who said lots of bulls***
So forgive me if I have a hard time believing ANYTHING they say. Here I'll do what they do...
The iPhone 6 will have 12 gb of ram
Boom. I'm an analyst
3. mattkl (Posts: 193; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
RE: Post #1 D.Aceveda
"The iPhone 6 will have 12 gb of ram
Boom. I'm an analyst"
Sources or I call bull Sir.
13. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Someone missed the joke....
I agree with you Aceveda, we were expecting so many great things with the 5S: different screen sizes, 128 GB harddrive, etc. and came up with nothing.
24. cezarepc (Posts: 670; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
What I'm more surprised in is the 5s just came and we're talking about the next one due in September NEXT YEAR?
36. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Well there's nothing good to talk about now, so on to the next.
55. Finalflash (Posts: 2141; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Its the Apple fan moto "maybe next time".
59. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
12 gb of ram? where they can't even make a 2gb of ram how's that possible even a 64-bit soc's are not enough to handle a 12 gb of ram
5. hmd74 (Posts: 451; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
And the ifans who said 4 inches is the best, will say that 5 inches is the best :-|
42. Tommy1960i (Posts: 106; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
There are a lot of people who like 4 inch screens very much, especially in Europe. Nothing will be wrong if Apple will give us 2 screen sizes, one 4 and the other one 5 inch. The point is Android has different themes, widgets and so on but iOS 7 no, so a 5 inch iPhone 5S was't the thing. Maybe iOS 8 will have these functions letting us enjoy bouth them and a bigger screen.
53. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
we just say Apple is the best, regardless of screen size... don't get it confused
17. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
If they still stick with 4" they are screwed...they might surprise us though and keep it that size. You never know when it's Apple.
19. Daftama (Posts: 598; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Don't mind if I get one in Always on Siri with stylus
32. ricco (Posts: 18; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
It will have 12GB of RAM and 4Mpx front facing camera.
33. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2025; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
"the iPhone 6, our longest iPhone thus far"
47. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Don't forget another row of icons too. Nothing innovative with design
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Ohhhh wait.... What??????
I'll belive,when i see it.
6. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
But will apple go with the resolution "1080x1920". They usually go with some ridiculous resolutions like the current iPhone 5,5s
its hard to believe apple going to make a phablet or whatever they call it .
it will be so cool if this happens.
my suggestion is they should go with at least a 5.5" inch screen with a nice stylus or pen functionality.
60. Rager722 (Posts: 282; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Why are you so interested in the whole Samsung based stylus, pen feature, personally I think barely anyone uses it, even on the DS barely anyone uses it. It's practically useless.
7. dil2abu (Posts: 216; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
If so, what will Apple call it as?
Retina 2 display with incredible pixel density?
25. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Haha they will find out some new gimmicky term to call the display which will be made by LG xD
54. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
that is actually Android that does that...
8. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Wtf to that, in ur mada futhen dreams apple keep dreaming.
64. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
good point...now can we have it in English please?
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 1916; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
HA! As if...I highly doubt they'd change to something like this too soon
16. mittalmailbox (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Too late, samsung,lg,htc are moving at fast pace
18. ilia1986 (unregistered)
4.2" screen upping the resolution to 720p.
12 MP camera
2012 specs.. In 2014.. Costing twice as much as most 2014 flagships.
57. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
4.5-4.8" screen upping resolution to 1366 x 768 (widescreen iPad/2/mini spec), for a total of 348-326 ppi. Apple can only offer a set number of screen resolutions without overwhelming the developers. Michael did a whole article on this a few months back.
I cannot see Apple making an S4-sized iPhone after railing against large screens for years. I'm thinking Moto X proportions.
20. ericomc33 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
5" iPhone will kill samsung, but it won't happen any way.
62. Zeeya (Posts: 222; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
arent dreams beautiful? :)
I dream also a lot.. usually during work when it gets boring..
but if you want talk about your dreams loud and openly please do it with your therapist but not here... its just the wrong place. Thank you!
21. AndroidSHQIP (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
We can say that Apple is "copying" from Samsung now... -_-
44. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And Apple is not exactly killing Sammy in the process, either.
22. noteseries (Posts: 80; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
multitasking-multiwindow, removeable battery and microsd card slot?
23. tedkord (Posts: 7219; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple may make a bigger screen phone, but no way will it be an industry standard resolution. That would require developers to redo all of their apps to support at least three different resolutions, since iOS isn't scalable.
26. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
By the next Sept we'll already see many 2K phones. Apple will always stay behind the competition.
43. iampayne (Posts: 321; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
No they will still only have 2. Apple will probably no longer support the 3.5" screen and developers will only have to use the 4" and x" screen size. I think Apple may realize they can't get around just having 1 screen size and woudn't be against 2, hence 3.5" and 4" at the moment.
27. harigrg33 (Posts: 180; Member since: 20 May 2013)
I will take this article with a lil pinch of salt lol
28. eisenkrote (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Traditionally Apple's market cycle has been to offer software improvements with the "S" line, and hardware improvements when they increment the model number. If that holds true, next year they could offer a larger screen as the new "killer" feature.
Also, Apple introduced the "5C" line this year. Assuming they keep the same strategy next year, they could repackage the 5S screen size and internals in the 5C line, offering a phone for Apple fans who prefer the current screen size. Then they could offer a larger screen on their flagship model and test the phablet waters.
Its all speculation at this point. But that makes sense to me. It'd allow them to challenge Samsung in a new market and still keep a toe in the water with the current screen size.
29. Diezparda (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
lol iPhone 6... another extra row of icons?
31. amats69 (Posts: 1227; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
This is what im waiting for! Screen size is the only reason why i lm not buying an iphone...if they price it right then apple can get my money ....i hope this is true
34. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That mockup/render is actually really cool! If they make that into a phone and have decent specs, might consider going back to the iphone again
35. Azman (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Nice post! And the phone is just looking awesomeeee.
38. PBXtech (Posts: 1024; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Completely accurate title to the article because "could" is an extremely loose term. And if they did make this a reality in September, what kind of price point would it have and how would the pricing on their other products be impacted?
39. Azman (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
"The iPhone 5, claim the sources, will arrive in September"
I think there is iPhone 6 instead of iPhone 5 in this line of post.
40. Amir1 (Posts: 291; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
i have my iphone 3gs now for 4 years, the biggest prob with the iphone is not the phone but it's ITUNES. F*** S*** software. i've HAD ENOUGH. next your i'm buying a new smartphone and it's going to be the next flagship from sony. ITUNES, GO TO HELL.
46. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
iTunes has been helping musicians make money and stop theft. Just cause its in digital space doesn't mean you can steal it. I know a lot of us have indulged in piracy, but i like the fact that the artists i like get money from me.
48. tmcr7 (Posts: 179; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
The renderers are dreaming again. It will not look like that. Until now, there's no projector keyboard on the iPhone.
52. WillardS (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
Sept. 2014 is a long way off in the mobile phone world. It's all rumor and hearsey until the week before the release when the production models are leaked. The market will continue push the edge further and in the meantime, while Apple could build something that makes even die-hard Android users gasp in awe and say "wow." under thier breath, they will instead follow thier gameplan and produce an iPhone Galaxy S III (iOS edition), with a 1080p display, to rule the 2012/2013 market. I'll go one further and say their camera will barely crack a top ten list of the best mobile phone cameras next fall.
56. The_Innovation (Posts: 597; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
They are due for a revamp, so it's possible. I want everyone to try and understand this from a business perspective. It's all about the money. (SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!)
Are they behind as far as providing bigger 1080P screens, and Quad/8Core processors with 13/16 mp cameras? Definitely. But you have to look at the very obvious. Each newer model of the iPhone, sold more than its predecessor. Bottom line is the fact that this works. As a company, why on Earth would they give everything at once? If they can take 3 years to sell what Samsung did in 1, that's 3 times the profit. I understand that Samsung added more innovation, but they are simply throwing everything they possibly can out there saying "Look! iPhone don't have that?!" Literally every friend I have who has a Galaxy S4, got rid of the gestures, because it simply got too annoying, and was too buggy. So rushing to release something new isn't that smart either. They failed to sell the amount of S4's they had planned, so now Galaxy S5 is being rushed.
Also, let's not forget you have 1 iPhone a year (2 this year), vs 100's of Android devices, and Apple still holds its own.
Bottom line, whatever they're doing works, so don't expect too much change. They have the patents, and they have the innovative ideas. But as I said, they'll take their time to make profit. They'll take that as far is it will take them.