Android 4.1 Jelly Bean vs iOS 6 vs Windows Phone 8 get compared again
1. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 06 Jul 2012, 02:58 16
Looks like every OS has its own advantages and Disadvantages...
but I would still stick to Android and would definitely get a WP 8 Device when they are released!! with all the new additions, WP 8 will be quite good!
4. iWorld posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:05 5
Android is definitely going to steal most of the features from iOS 6.0 and WP8 in the next release. Hence Android Rocks LOL.......
6. 12Danny12 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:10 2
Honestly ms and apple would sue google then. And ms would basically twice as much to pay for android making phones
12. 12Danny12 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:23 2
Especially smalll OEMs
19. Jericho posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:10 8
to steal most of
from iOS 6.0 and
WP8 in the next
yes, they are going to steal the ideas but android has always(well mostly) about quantity and not quality.
well microsoft wont sue em because they don't want to ban their phones microsoft earns on android.
And microsoft have xbox live gaming so lets see how google steals that.
M ready to get some heat.
69. Commentator posted on 09 Jul 2012, 23:49 0
"well microsoft wont sue em because they don't want to ban their phones microsoft earns on android."
That's the exact reason Microsoft WOULD sue them: instead of requesting a ban, Microsoft would simply charge them even more per phone for every patent and make more money.
54. protozeloz posted on 06 Jul 2012, 10:44 6
what features on iOS6? I mean android cant steal what they already have
63. rahillio posted on 08 Jul 2012, 12:02 0
See this review and iOS vs Android.....It is a classic one!
68. Commentator posted on 09 Jul 2012, 23:39 0
I'd hate to trade in my Evo 4G LTE so soon for a WP8 handset, but we'll see... I feel like Windows is going to hit a real home run with their newest mobile OS, and I've been ingrained in the Xbox and Windows ecosystem far longer than I have been in Google's.
15. digitalw posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:34 2
The same reason why Wymbian is not on the list. Even he has mosto of the features..Actaullay all of them.
48. haseebzahid posted on 06 Jul 2012, 10:31 0
because they are not hot topics and getting old
7. 12Danny12 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:12 2
For the wireless backup. There would likely be a backup system. Becuase windows 8 has it. So it would likely come to wp8
8. kunyuk posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:12 12
What the... No Bluetooth, usb mass storage, usb on the go and tv out comparison
11. bayusuputra posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:19 9
obviously.. you can only compare what can be compared.. Those things are out of the league for one particular OS, hence omitted..
62. amish1512 posted on 07 Jul 2012, 10:52 1
this are the hardware features not OS features so....
9. amiaq posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:15 1
Unfortunately this kind of table is useless for comparison of complex and dynamic nobile OS systems. Maybe relevant in the era of Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 5-6 years ago. Wii seem to be the weakest but it racked up the most sales when released. PS3 was the one with the most impressive hardware and fan base but the sales were disappointing.
10. modernkoro posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:16 16
Widgets do exist in WP8.
Because "Live Tiles = icon + widget + notification"
13. 12Danny12 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:26 5
I really think that wp8 is now more of a mix between android and iOS becuase the features, specs, apps amount coming soon, but one advantage is enterprise and games for windows phone
16. pkiran1996 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 03:56 5
What the hell? Some of the features it says Android hasn't got ARE available.
To encrypt device just go on Settings > Security > Encryption.
Offline pages are available on the stock browser as well...
18. 12Danny12 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:09 1
I think it's talking out of the box. Not sure it's out of the box
24. spoks posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:25 2
are "settings" and "STOCK browsers" not out of the box? are you purchasing your "settings" somewhere so that you can have it?hahaha
26. 12Danny12 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:30 1
don't be such a retard. I don't know I haven't used my android in while.
37. JC557 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 06:40 1
If you get a recent Motorola Android phone then yes it has all those security features that business users rely on.
Not sure about the offline web pages as I have never sought out to use it.
49. haseebzahid posted on 06 Jul 2012, 10:34 0
i think they dont know it or u dont know what they are talking about any way i dont know which encryption u both talking about
17. pellegrini posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:00 3
Advanced Calling Features: iOS -> Reply with message, really? lol
27. nyuvo posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:31 1
haha yeah, the fact that android had this first with ICS and now IOS6 has it and suddenly its apples idea? smh..
34. microsoftnokiawin posted on 06 Jul 2012, 05:59 0
ikr my old nokia 6700s can do that running Symbian s60 3rd edition
20. tarozeero posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:17 0
One can't really judge Windows Phone 8 yet. The consumer-end features have not been revealed yet and it seems skype integration isn't in the list. Wonder why.
Anyway, there is a chance that Microsoft has incorporated a notification center in WP8. Notice how they haven't showed anything regarding the app list. However, we all noticed that there was an 'unpin' option when moving and customizing tiles. Where do the unpinned tiles/apps go to? I reckon an app list WITH a notification center. OR, the reason why they centralized the start screen was so that they could introduce a THIRD panel when swiping left/right.
But it's just a hunch.
23. wendygarett posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:22 2
No find phone service? Prone security?
Oh well... IPhone FTW!!!
22. ncoder posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:20 10
The list of Android features in incomplete and sometimes incorrect. I wonder if the person that wrote this ever used an android device at all:
- Advanced Calling features: Via Google Voice??? What about VOIP integration, Voice recording, Video Call, reply with text, ....
- Music Store / Movie Store: Google Play only??? - An Many others - unlike the other OSs that restrict where you can buy you stuff on the phone.
- Social Media Integration: Only twitter and Facebook??? G+, Linkedin, Yahoo, and dozens more....
- Android (Linux) is prone to malware? iOs6 and WP8 are safe?
- Offline reading lists NO????
- Gaming: less popular releases????? (Gameloft , rovio, etc, etc...)
- Social Gaming NO???? LOL
- Voice recognition: same as the others: "ability to launch apps"? forgot dictation and much, much more than the other competitors
- Wifi Syncing NO????
- Full device encryption NO? You can encrypt your data on your device storage in Settings.
- Cloud Support: It's fully integrated and the author forgot to mention a lot: here are some of the most known: Box, Dropbox and a lot more
- Find My Phone service NO? It comes in stock Samsung roms at least, and there are plenty of apps in the Android market for that. Also, Google Latitude can be used to locate your phone.
- Native Automobile Integration: NO???? Have you heard about Google Maps? That also provides OFFLINE navigation FREE?
- Wireless Cloud Backup No??? It's a standard feature for android. And there are also apps and Titanium Backup for FULL system backup including apps and system data if you want - Other phones provide very limited cloud backup functionality and don't integrate with other cloud apps.
A lot of other characteristics where android is much better than competitors were kept (intentionally?) out.
Please correct me if I made any mistake, or missunderstood anything
41. maxican16 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 08:58 3
Thank you for taking the time to list all the inconsistencies, +1 internets.
Prrrrretty sure someone with a biased eye error checked this.
And as another commentor posted, no comparison of video/audio out via native ports support. Hah.
44. networkdood posted on 06 Jul 2012, 09:02 2
LOL, excellent work - obviously the author of this article pulled a rush job on the story.
50. haseebzahid posted on 06 Jul 2012, 10:37 1
the reson android is prone to malware is only because its app store is more open then other OS appl and WP8 app store are not filled with danger softwares they get approved by MS or apple it take days to verify and they cant get the apps other way around :p
51. haseebzahid posted on 06 Jul 2012, 10:39 1
i think the author forgot the things u teling is because android is to fragmented to know its every feature by one person
57. protozeloz posted on 06 Jul 2012, 11:10 3
eh!? no... most those features are already in 4.1.... the only one that could be debatable is phone finding service witch is not native on JB but HTC Samsung and Moto Have this
58. gwuhua1984 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 11:59 2
Today's news... Apple app store malware detected.
Like I've said before, no OS is perfect.
65. haseebzahid posted on 09 Jul 2012, 02:04 0
lol this just negated the article claim on APPLE side MS still rules :P
25. azafirster posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:29 0
There might be a mistake here, wireless cloud backup for Windows Phone, only for picture exist if you have skydrive integrated. If wifi syncing is the sycronization of documents, photo, and music for android, if i'm not mistaken that does exist, i've seen it at settings menu.
52. haseebzahid posted on 06 Jul 2012, 10:41 0
i can put any file on the skydrive rar files or others dont know what the article writter meant to say by "NO"
28. Sniggly posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:34 4
3D maps exists for Google Maps itself. The "prone to malware" thing is bulls**t. Wifi syncing doesn't exist for Android? And cloud storage doesn't exist? What the hell is Google Drive then? Or Google Music? Granted, it's not completely unified, but jesus.
29. Sniggly posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:41 1
Well holy s**t. For the first time in pretty much a month, I'm finally getting email notifications from Phonearena again.
30. Hamdan posted on 06 Jul 2012, 04:44 1
For me gaming and browsing is most important,
For gaming surely ios and for browsing windows but i still love android :P my Galaxy Note ★★★★★
31. protozeloz posted on 06 Jul 2012, 05:07 0
holy cow! I see too many errors they need to fix that at least on android I see things we already have, either the person does not know about the OS or is bad at explaining what he means
33. Arix01 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 05:46 1
some of the informations about the Android platform are not correct such as offline reading list and flash support !!
but anyway Android is the best while it's so complicated !!!!
35. ncoder posted on 06 Jul 2012, 06:12 2
Actually Flash is not supported on Jelly Bean (the version being compared here ;))
70. ncoder posted on 10 Jul 2012, 08:37 0
38. JC557 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 06:42 1
All platforms are prone to malware. There were reports of WP7 and iOS having their own problems. It's still PEBKAC but for phones.