Alleged press render for Nexus 6 leaks out, looks a lot like Moto X (2014)
1. irellemot (Posts: 109; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
To start, there's the wrong play store icon, the material design one looks different.
Second, the display is f.cking lopsided and the speaker is crooked.
Evleaks is stopping pretty low.
4. bucky (Posts: 2459; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
lol. This is an absolutely embarrassing "leaked image"
Phonearena, for your own good, please delete this.
5. Mrmark (Posts: 268; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
The speaker is not crooked and you don't know what the icons will look like at launch .
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It's a render, not the official device, PhoneArena.com is just reporting that another render came out, ESPECIALLY from evleaks.
PhoneArena.com did well in reporting this.
15. Victor.H (Posts: 648; Member since: 27 May 2011)
I'm betting it's the real deal. Let's wait and see tomorrow.
19. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
My Lenovo Tablets got the Play Store update even before my Nexus 5 and the icon looks exactly like that in the leaked picture.
32. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
that Metal frame around nexus 6 is giving slickness.
34. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2131; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It's not bad on the Moto X ('14), but at this size, slickness will be the least of your worries.
46. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
This render is blowing up Reddit.
The bottom screen is misaligned (clearly this controlled "leak" by Google's promotional, photoshop team is a little amateurish)
Also those two Google folders look like that girl's jugs, notice how it coincidentally labels "Google" and "Create". This whole s**t is weird.
33. iGeek (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Meet me again when this thing is unveiled ;) I hope you will say it's ugly as hell when it is really unveiled :) It's really weird that we don't blame Google, we blame eveleaks. Let's wait and see and I hope you have the guts to comment tomorrow.
55. Siapaya (Posts: 17; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
I think moto x is compact size from nexus 6
16. Victor.H (Posts: 648; Member since: 27 May 2011)
I would not be so sure. The Moto X (2014) has the same two elements, but only one is a speaker.
18. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The Moto X has no stereo speakers?
This says stereo speakers.
20. Victor.H (Posts: 648; Member since: 27 May 2011)
It's a single speaker on the bottom, the one on top is the earpiece. Thanks for pointing that out, we'll make a correction.
22. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Thank you Victor.H.
Man that was QUICK!
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Just saw the review, Johhhhnnnnnn V. from PhoneArena.com confirmed it.
es/Motorola-Moto-X-2014_id8897is wrong. We need to fix this PhoneArena.com.
23. sorcio46 (Posts: 435; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Only the new Moto G (2014 edition) has front facing stereo speakers.
24. needa (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
the new has the same speaker as the old. same drivers/amp/dac/whatever else.
27. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I still am hoping for stereo speakers, since the Moto G has them. I mean if the Google Nexus 6 or X wants to be different than the Moto X then this will be a huge differentiator.
31. Awalker (Posts: 1394; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I don't think it matters. The speaker on the Moto X 2014 is very loud and full. It's much better than the stereo speakers on the Moto G.
35. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2131; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It's loud, but I wish that it (and the earpiece) didn't protrude like they do.
37. Awalker (Posts: 1394; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I think it protrudes so you can place the phone down its front or back. I have a leather back so I would prefer to put it face down.
Edit: I was thinking about it a little and maybe they did it to protect the screen if you drop the phone.
40. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2131; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I also have the leather back (black, with red trim), and I don't mind putting it on the back, but I am careful where and how I place it.
3. scarface21173 (Posts: 129; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
Hope they keep the nexus 5 just update the specs a little camera etc, not everyone wants a 6 inch phablet.
36. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2131; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The Nexus 5 will get an update...to L. There really isn't much you would gain with an incremental spec boost.
6. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
screams fake. the bottom bezel looks asymmetrical.
7. Settings (Posts: 1467; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Theres no better leaks than evleaks. Its written fake all over it.
8. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2700; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Nexus 6 render (on the right) vs official 2014 Moto X image (on the left)
Yet the second picture, showing only the rendered Nexus 6, is the one on the left :)
11. Victor.H (Posts: 648; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Oops, time to right that wrong! (I've fixed it, thanks!)
10. alvinpaul41 (unregistered)
Good design, but battery is always the problem with Nexus series.
13. dorianb (Posts: 591; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Someone doesn't know their right from their left.
-Nexus 6 render (on the right) vs official 2014 Moto X image (on the left)-
Look at that again.
17. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Looks like an s3 boring -.-
Im not also a fan of stock icons and the parts of the entire UI -.-
25. fiddler (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Jun 2014)
Clock's running at 5:00...version 5.0 I guess.
26. fiddler (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Jun 2014)
Clock's running at 5:00...version 5.0 I guess.
28. surethom (Posts: 605; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Sexy looking phone, not sure about the flat icons though! But why Google, Why no 5.2″ Nexus as well as this good looking phablet???
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you can tell it's going to be a big phone because of the 5 column home screen setup.
42. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I think its all a massive false propaganda parade started by google. The next nexus is going back to 3.7 inches. Nexus Retro 1!
30. Qbancelli (Posts: 75; Member since: 11 Mar 2010)
This is the real deal.
I don't understand why are people still doubting it.
38. CellPhonesExpert (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Oct 2014)
2 year old iphone 5 gets >700 on single core geekbench, iphone 6 is 1600, and new androids come in at 1000?? pathetic
44. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
For all we know IOS could be cooking the benchmarks. That's the beauty of a closed ecosystem. There is no test or piece of code you can run to see if the A8 turns into power hungry mode once a bench mark opens.
Even if the IOS scores, the Nexus devices never benched well. The Nexus 4 got crushed by the optimus g and xperia z even though they all used exactly the same chipset. Also the Nexus 5 benched like crap next to other SD800 devices but in the real world performance, it crushed them.
Of course you knew this and wanted to make a comment that tries to put Apple in a good light and android in a bad one.
I vote that you change your name to cellphoneTard, it's more fitting.
50. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2131; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Anandtech is able to check the power usage and note abnormalities in benchmarking on iPhones, so I assume others have, as well. The A7/A8 will also hold the high clocks for benchmarking/gaming/GPU-CPU-intensive tasks longer than competitors.
However, that being said, this is hardly the fault of Android, or Android devices in general, because the majority are powered by Qualcomm, who is responsible for this. Qualcomm just stopped pushing their micro architecture too hard starting in 2012. I don't expect it to get much better in 2015, because they will be using stock ARM A53/A57.
41. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 265; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
I thought @evleaks went underground?
45. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks good to me. If it's 5.9 it's too big though. And I am not a fan of both the power button and volume rocker being on the same side.
Should have stuck with LG or Samsung.
48. Awalker (Posts: 1394; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I'm not a fan of that either but Motorola likes putting them on the same side.
47. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
The screen looks like it is edited on to the device, probably the correct device though.
49. Af1rPA (Posts: 671; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
What is the recent controversy about evleaks?
51. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2131; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Fundraising and a spat between Evan and TK Tech News. You can check it out on TK Tech News on G+.
53. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
So no nexus? "ok google"............
56. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If they do make a Nexus 5 refresh it will be called the Nexus 5 2014 just like the Newer Nexus 7 was called the Nexus 7 2013.
Whether people like it or not and whether or not they refuse to admit that we were right, it's up to them. But the number attached to the Nexus now corresponds to screen size for all current Nexus devices.
Nexus 5 is a 5 inch phone.
Nexus 6 looks all but guaranteed to be a 6 incher
Nexus 7 is a 7 inch tablet.
Nexus 9 is supposedly a 9 incher.
Nexus 10 is a 10 incher.
So case closed pretty much.
57. Teejay1100 (Posts: 114; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I'll pass this year. My One Plus One is looking better and better compared to this render. The price alone has be satisfied.