Alleged black HTC One render leaks
12. abdane (Posts: 471; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
what i hate about HTC is that you cant take pictures or put music unless you buy an SD Card, so you have to have an sd card !
17. emadshiny (Posts: 1081; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i meant i love the design. and i heard that this phone has 16, 32 and 64GB versions and it supports SD card as well.
30. abdane (Posts: 471; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i am just saying what i hate about it, didnt say it sux, why so many thumbs down ? haha :P
i know what you meant, even if it does have 16, 32, 64 GB, it wont allow you to save music and take pics, you have to insert and SD Card.
45. ojdidit84 (Posts: 188; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
-Pull toward face
-Crawl back under rug
Phones like the Rezound, Thunderbolt, One X/S with internal storage and SD card slots have always given you the option in the camera UI settings to save your pictures and video to the SD card OR internal storage.
Even with internal storage, you've always been able to hook up a USB cable and choose whether to put your music on your SD card or on the internal storage from your PC NO MATTER WHAT BRAND THE ANDROID PHONE IS.
Stop spreading misinformation.
66. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
you must still be using first generation HTC products.
69. abdane (Posts: 471; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i am, my GS3 got stolen :(
i'm using the wildefire s for now, until i get my GNexus, just something to make me wait for the GS IV ^_^
83. DoctorPDA (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Hi there, are you sure about this? I just updated my Thunderbolt to ICS, and now it's asking me to encrypt my SD card in order to use my work e-mail. So I encrypted and now the phone is super slow. So I take out the SD card, and what do you know, I can't take photos. I went through the camera UI and can't find the setting you mentioned? Can you help me find it? Appreciate anyones help. Thanks.
79. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Even the original EVO didn't need a SD to take pics or download music. I don't know what your talking about.
54. greenrolaids (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
is english your second language? if yes then you might not be saying that right.
If no then you are a tard, you can fill up the internal memory with whatever you like, pictures, music, gay porn, of which im sure you will prefer.
73. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
What are you taking about? If your phone has a Phone storage you won't need an SD card to take pictures or download music. But if it dosen't or if it's reserved to operate the phone essencial files (Internal storage) then where are the picture or the music going to be saved?
75. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
In the virtual drive situated near the sim slot which doesn't exist.
88. Jango_Fred (Posts: 53; Member since: 17 Dec 2008)
I have an HTC Rezound and I have roughly 2000 songs on the internal storage with no micro card.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5273; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I hope HTC goes with an anodized metal body like what they did with the 1x line. Hopefully the naming decision carries over design from the 1x line.
33. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1925; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The One S was made with an anodized aluminum body, not the One X. The One X uses a plastic polycarbonate.
36. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5273; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
My bad. One S, then. I really like the anodized aluminum body. HTC did it right, while Apple cheaped it out.
42. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3642; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That means NFC won't be on board then. Metal back plates (like the iPhone 5 and One S) interfere with NFC.
65. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
is a plastic "venting" system is used, in the NFC cheapest place behind the plastic, then NFC is a possibilityis
76. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wow, man...which phone do you use? I like the prediction system you have :P
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Beautiful, I agree. Stiff competition this year. I am wondering where the earpiece and mic is if the speaker grill covers both the top and bottom on the front of the phone.
27. JC557 (Posts: 698; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'm guessing both speakers reside in the bottom grill while the top houses the earpiece as usual and the mic should be on the bottom of the handset. Unless of course HTC managed to combine both the speaker and earpiece together (I've seen it done before) or next to each other.
Grills tend to be a design piece and nothing really functional.
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1241; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Htc is the best when it comes to build quality and designing their phones!
41. aokde (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
don't know about build quality since i never held one, but i do know design wise, no one beats sony. NO ONE.
55. greenrolaids (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
Thats why sony has been hemmoraging money for 10's of years.
85. ebubekir26 (Posts: 305; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Samsung already did and is going to beat Sony again just wait..
6. amansingal14 (Posts: 276; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Looks like Blackberry Z10 with front speaker grills... Only a little bit more curved...
As ugly as the aforementioned Blackberry..,
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's my initial thought!
It somewhat spells the Z10, although have stereo speakers would be an added plus...
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Not to mention, it doesn't show recent apps button... Uh oh .... I smell webOS multitasking features... Just like bb10 as well...
10. alterecho (Posts: 918; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Yup. looks quite similar. And i feel ip5 was itself inspired by Z10's early renders a year back.
19. Topcat488 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Actually, i third the motion of the ip5 image, with a touch of Windows Live Tiles, running on the Mighty Sense UI... That Looks better then the Z10.
8. mad84 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
this is beautiful, i like it, but reminds me of Blackberry Z10 and the fan made galaxy S4.. :P
14. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Htc need to be very careful with the new sense ui,its looks very similar to windows live tiles.
The unpopularity of live tiles is one of the principle reasons wp sales are so slow
15. exynos5 (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
did any one notice it looks like samsung galaxy s2 UI
80. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Did anyone notice that your username is exynos5?
Don't make me laugh, Sense 5 is nothing like Touchwiz, which until Nature UX looked like an iOS copycat.
16. rizevnarastek (Posts: 310; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
UGHHH so close to perfection... This build has so much symetrical potential and then they go and blow it all by not having on-screen keys or soft keys + HTC logo on the top. Now it's just unsymetrical :( WHY? WHY? Y? Y? Y?
I hope this isn't he final build, though.
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5478; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
ohhhh man...this is probably it. it's nice in some ways, ugly in others but one thing is for certain this looks way too much like the iPhone 5. i might would even still get this. the battery size is going to be the biggest factor on that decision.
74. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Yeah... if you slim the phone a bit, then it'll look almost identical to the iPhone 5
22. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5273; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I hope HTC has winner with the One. This could be it for them. I personally like the look (if done in anodized metal like the 1x was). Plastic would be a downer for me.
32. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1925; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The One X isn't made of anodized metal. It's a plastic polycarbonate. The One S is the one with the anodized aluminum body. Read reviews for both if you don't believe me.
37. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5273; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
My bad. See my response at post # 36 above.
23. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
i dont think its that pretty of a device. And i know tons of us have been saying this since the galaxy nexus, but I want to see onscreen nav buttons. pls.
25. Feanor (Posts: 273; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
It's a good-looking handset BUT; Are they kidding us? This is a complete rip off of the design of the Z10, with the diamond cut edges of the iPhone 5 and the Windows Phone 8 interface. This is how it is when sales go down, you panic and you copy the competitors to survive. I may dislike Apple for many things, but if they complained about this design they would have a point. When HTC made a deal with Apple about patents, did they include design too??? Never an HTC for me. Only Sony shows how to make a phone look expensive and different from iPhone. Imagine people's reaction if you have an HTC One; "Oh, you have an iPhone! -Er, no, sorry, it's only it's Taiwanese copy..." Embarrassing.
26. baldilocks (Posts: 454; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I don't like the placement of the HTC logo.
28. emadshiny (Posts: 1081; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
but i like it. i think it acts as home button.
34. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1925; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
How can it be a home button when there's already one there?
38. emadshiny (Posts: 1081; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
you're right. i didn't see it but that could be a good idea if they used it as home button.
43. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3642; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It looks like it might be used as the multi tasking button. That's odd.
53. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1925; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I think it's odd, too. Since the advent of ICS, no company has moved the home button from the center. Also, it seems mighty pompous of HTC to use their logo as the multitasking button. This all makes me think that this is not what the phone will look like.
71. baldilocks (Posts: 454; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Gotta love the HTC employees (or kids) that down-vote things for no reason at all.
29. gboo2565 (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
"Very good screen to body ratio" you can't be serious pa top andare average at best and the lower bezel is huge..
57. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Thank God, i wasn't the only one that notice that.
Worst bezel i seen on a flagship phone.
Should have removed the HTC logo and buttons if they were going to add a front facing speaker.
FYI I love the idea of a front facing speaker.
31. xsymbiann (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Feb 2013)
And this is the new ... HTC ONE IPHONE 5 REPLICA. HTC are you serious? You just copied Apple Iphone 5. Blackberry also copied Apple with their Z10. Lame and ridiculous. These replicas lack innovation and design. I certainly wont buy a phone that looks like Iphone 5.
40. emadshiny (Posts: 1081; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i don't understand those apple fanboys who always repeat one thing. "Sammy copied apple, HTC and BB copied apple."
don't you have any other ideas to talk about?