A new image leak of the LG G3 shows off the brushed effect black and white back plates
The picture is medium quality, so there is not much detail other than what we have seen already, but it does accentuate the brushed back-plate motif we saw when the gold G3 image leaked a couple days ago.
We are not able to confirm the source that sent us this pic, but along with the picture, the tip did state a 5.5-inch screen for the device. Compared to the recently released LG Isai FL in Japan, the G3 will be shorter, narrower, and thinner, which is an interesting twist to another rumor floating around about the size of the device. Furthermore, the source says that the back plate is removable. We are not sure that would be part of the final package in all markets, but a removable back piece is certainly a possibility for some areas.
While we get to see the black and white somewhat clearly, what we presume to be a gold G3 up top is resting with the screen-side up. The finish looks a lot more polished than one might expect at first. Overall, the picture is consistent with other sightings of the LG G3 that have made their way to the internet. May 27th should tell us more, but we will always take an early peek if the opportunity arises.
Thanks to our anonymous tipster for the image!
11. Jinto (Posts: 389; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Is that a Samsung style home button I see on the phone?
16. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Front camera is under the glass. It just doesn't show up well with this angle/lighting.
54. Mr.Verizon (Posts: 23; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
That is not the top of the phone, they do not put the microphone hole at the top of the phone. Its always at the bottom where your mouth is at while holding up to your ear. So clearly that is the bottom of the device. Plus that is a solid button, no holes for sound to escape if that were even supposed to be the speaker.
59. sniper1087 (Posts: 365; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
what are you talking about, several oems put microphones on the top when you need to use the speaker, example nokia lumia icon, 1020, and 1520 have several microphones, others do so as well so is not uncommon, and that looks like the normal
64. PowTheBowl (Posts: 82; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
The microphone hole you see on top of the device is an active noise cancelling mic...
67. DillWeed (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
There are three two to four microphones on s phone. My note 3 has three mics for example. The main takeaway here is that you should not comment unless you know something
76. djcody (Posts: 45; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
this is microphone hole for noise cancellation, with IR sensor on top
78. BRYLYNT (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
you are dumb. that is the top of the phone obviously. it even looks strikingly similar to the top of the g2. they are not going to put a home button on the g3. and what you see that you think is a mic is the IR blaster.
18. GABIDEN (Posts: 26; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
The camera is there but difficult to see because of the potato quality image
20. Jinto (Posts: 389; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
The image resolution is 1377 x 1012;
try opening it in a different tab.
23. Commentator (Posts: 2387; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
If it's like the LG Isai, the front camera is placed on the bottom bezel, so that's why it doesn't appear at the top.
24. Commentator (Posts: 2387; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
(And if you're wondering why in the world they'd put a front camera on the bottom of the phone, remember these are the same geniuses who decided to put the buttons on the back.)
25. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The top bezel in this image looks a little bigger than the last Isai that I saw. Hopefully the front camera is on the top.
61. refillable (Posts: 630; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Well Isai phones are asymmetrically designed on the top and bottom. So I'm pretty positive the Front facing camera is going to be on the top. Also, the G3 is going to have smaller bezels and better design than the Isai FL. The G2 has smaller bezels than the original Isai and has a better symmetrical design. I'm always looking forward for this!
26. GABIDEN (Posts: 26; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
It took me a while to get used to the buttons on the back and now I actually love it I think LG shoved the buttons on the back to have a smaller bezel on the G2
27. Neo_Huang (Posts: 368; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Not that I have a problem with buttons on the back, but I do get some strange looks.
28. Commentator (Posts: 2387; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Hey, I did call them geniuses. I'll leave whether I meant that sarcastically up to interpretation. ;)
38. Astoni (Posts: 489; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
The Camera + 2 sensors is on the left side of the phone (right on the pic cause its on reverse.. you can see it if you look closely.
42. Commentator (Posts: 2387; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Good eye, assuming that's not dust or a reflection.
55. rkoforever90 (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
front camera of g3 is romoured to be located at bottom instead of top ,
33. rd_nest (Posts: 767; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Doesn't sell anything.
No wonder why one company makes billions every month, another is struggling to survive.
Shows what is better for *consumers*.
Though for trolls, it's a different story.
2. papss (unregistered)
Looks realm Nic actually..
51. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Metal or steel back this looks like
Could be Lgs first metal aluminium phone
62. JC557 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Nope , that would be this guy tight here:http://www.phonescoop.com/phon
I had one years back and it was a good phone. There are probably morr LG phones made out of metal/ aluminum.
70. BUFFQREWBBQ (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 May 2014)
I also owned this phone, in fact I think I may still have it around here somewhere. Crazy how beautiful I thought it was at that time and it still holds up quality wise.
81. saffant (Posts: 218; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
First Metal aluminum SMARTphone. He meant.
3. EgyDroid (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Oh.My.God......that looks awesome.......muuuuuch much much better than the s5
50. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
It's not going to be s.h.i.t. By any standards lol but I get your point. I look forward to owning this Korean beauty! P.s Korean Girls are really hot,
71. RandomUsername (Posts: 452; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
He said THE sh*t, which means it will be very good.
52. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Either you hate LG or you assume
68. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Me? I used to despise LG but in the last three years they have proven that their G series flagships are superior to samsungs declining S line. I will buy The G3
80. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I will be giving LG a try for the first time
LG3 looks good
6. redmd (Posts: 880; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
hopefully its not gonna be slippery in the hands.
7. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Looks like this might shape up to be "phone of the year".
Me like! :)
8. JMartin22 (Posts: 862; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Sooo it's made of polycarbonate glossy plastic, that people use to bash Samsung for using; but now it's alright because it's being done by some lesser OEM? The trolls and/or haters are hypocrites here.
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Plastic or not, this design looks a lot more elegant than Samsung's latest. In some ways, it reminds me of something from the phone device maker formerly known as Nokia -- as it has nicely sculpted curves and clean lines.
40. AppleAnusSoFragrant (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 May 2014)
You forget to mention the price between the two. If it's cheaper than Sammy im pretty sure everyone can rather deal with it to save some penny
47. refillable (Posts: 630; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Although the same material is used, it doesn't have the same design. This one looks better than the S4 and earlier Samsung devices.
19. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
This phone is looking great, wish they had stock to the same 5.2" screen and even 1080p and made the phone even smaller than the g2 and give us even better battery. Can't wait to see this in person. If it has a sd card slot then this could be my next device.
21. PBXtech (Posts: 973; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Beautiful. Looks extremely comfortable to hold as well.
22. Awalker (Posts: 276; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
It looks slippery. These big phones are already cumbersome to hold so why make them slippery? It's a recipe for disaster.
31. iMemo (Posts: 102; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Looks pretty good to me. I'm just worried about the gold version coz it looked so ugly on that other pic.
32. tettech (Posts: 58; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Volume is on the back, ugh. I was kinda hoping it remained at the bottom like the previous model, but that's just my preferences. Can't wait for the actual announcement, though.
34. AppleAnusSoFragrant (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 May 2014)
Impressive, but still not for me